PDA

View Full Version : OMG.. This is TOO funny not to share..

steff
06-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Took a little drive this morning to drop off some stuff at an agent of ours.. and wound up near where KW lives. My co-worker wanted to see his house so we drive in. And lo and behold what I saw next nearly made me wet my pants. In one of the townhouses across the lake from him there is a HUGE - and I mean HUGE sign that says "FIRE KENNY". A picture of that "kenny" from South Park holding a gun and pointing it at a huge blown up pic of KW. OMG.. It is toooo funny. I didn't have my camera with but I am going to drive back out there at lunch with the digital and see if I can snap a pic. They have an Association out there so I don't know it it'll still be up, but I am praying. You guys.. it was TOOOOO funny!!!

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2002, 01:50 PM
I know KW lives in the town next to me, but I'm not sure as to where. Where is the KW Estate? Also, if you do get the chance to take the picture, by all means, please post it here, if you can.

Thanks,
Heather the Redbird

Iguana775
06-25-2002, 02:00 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

steff
06-25-2002, 02:38 PM
He lives in Plainfield in the Lakelands. I went by but either the wind took it (terential rain for about a half hour out this way), or the association took it down. It was hilarious!! We know a few people that live on the lake, so we'll ask around and maybe someone got a pic of it. Maybe his wife called and complained. It had to be about 50 feet tall. No way she could have not seen it from the back of the house.

Cheryl
06-25-2002, 02:58 PM
This is too funny.

whitesoxwilkes
06-25-2002, 03:02 PM
on that note, anyone know where any other of our beloved pale hose live? i know maggs is in tinley and frank is out west somewhere, and kenny lofton must live somewhere in the south loop, i saw him at jewel on roosevelt road a few weeks ago.

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Frank lives in Oak Brook. Jerry Manuel lives in Orland Park. Ray Durham lives in Hinsdale. I believe Carlos too lives in Hinsdale (but don't quote me on that) near Eric Daze (Chicago Blackhawks all star).

Heather the Redbird

steff
06-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
Frank lives in Oak Brook. Jerry Manuel lives in Orland Park. Ray Durham lives in Hinsdale. I believe Carlos too lives in Hinsdale (but don't quote me on that) near Eric Daze (Chicago Blackhawks all star).

Heather the Redbird

Jerry goes to "Second Swing" golf shop in Orland every single weekend, in case anyone wants to give him some managing pointers :D:

And Carlos does live in Hinsdale. He rents an apartment house about a mile from Ray just down County Line Road.

Jjav829
06-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

Jerry goes to "Second Swing" golf shop in Orland every single weekend, in case anyone wants to give him some managing pointers :D:

I hope his golf game is better then his managing skills. :smile:

steff
06-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
on that note, anyone know where any other of our beloved pale hose live? i know maggs is in tinley and frank is out west somewhere, and kenny lofton must live somewhere in the south loop, i saw him at jewel on roosevelt road a few weeks ago.

I believe Kenny is renting a place over off of Clark and Division (behind the Osco). He's walking distance to Gibsons and Jilly's.

steff
06-25-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I hope his golf game is better then his managing skills. :smile:

I dunno... the one guy that works there says that he brings back almost every club he buys for a different one. Probably stinks and blames it on the club. Would not surprise me one bit.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2002, 06:52 PM

I dunno... the one guy that works there says that he brings back almost every club he buys for a different one. Probably stinks and blames it on the club. Would not surprise me one bit.

Manuel probably makes similar excuses for Royce Clayton. I could see him saying something like this:

"It's not Clayton's fault. He is an excellent hitter. The problem is that his bats are not top quality. Also, our clubhouse has a problem with termites for the past eighteen months. That is why he cannot hit. His bats have holes in them because of the insects."

whitesoxwilkes
06-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Sheesh Stef, you are everywhere!

ISUSoxfan
06-26-2002, 12:28 AM
Has anyone ever counted the shrubs in front of every player's house on the way to a Stalker's Annonymous meeting?

chisoxfanatic
06-26-2002, 01:49 AM
And Carlos does live in Hinsdale. He rents an apartment house about a mile from Ray just down County Line Road.

That is way cool! That's only 10 minutes away from me! Carlos, here I come!!!! :)

:caballo
Come to your husband!

Heather the Redbird

Nellie_Fox
06-26-2002, 03:08 AM
I have two words for you people: Restraining order.

Chisox_cali
06-26-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

HAHA! :smile:

steff
06-26-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Sheesh Stef, you are everywhere!

It's called being in the right place at the right time. And it helps that I sat in friends & family the entire '97 & '98 season and got to know a lot of the wives. And when they see you at spring training every year in the stands believe it or not, they actually start coming up to you and saying hi, asking how things are in Chicago, etc.

Funny comments about "stalkers anonymous" and "restraining order" though. Really it's not that hard to "run into" these guys. An off day at Orland Square Mall will run you into half the team.. especially if there's a sale at Marshall Fields. The guys are fun to watch while toting their kids around.

34 Inch Stick
06-26-2002, 10:05 AM
I live in Ravenswood and you can see me getting fatter at El Tipico on Foster about once a week.

steff
06-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I live in Ravenswood and you can see me getting fatter at El Tipico on Foster about once a week.

ROTFLMAO!!! To bad we don't live closer, I'd join ya for a beer :gulp:

alohafri
06-26-2002, 10:56 AM
(From AlohaFri's wife)

Burlymon lives in my area and hangs out at the local poolhall and at a bar in Westmont.

Bo Jackson lives in my area too, as well as Don Pall.

I hope to run into Burlymon one of these days and buy him a beer...and ask him about that yellow mop he wears on his head.

:gulp:

steff
06-26-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
(From AlohaFri's wife)

Burlymon lives in my area and hangs out at the local poolhall and at a bar in Westmont.

I hope to run into Burlymon one of these days and buy him a beer...and ask him about that yellow mop he wears on his head.

Howdy there Mrs Aloha!! Looking forward to Friday. Seems like forever since we've see you.

FanOf14
06-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Seriously, Mrs Aloha? I live a few suburbs west of there! Wish I ahd the luck of running into the players that would be too funny.

awesomefan
06-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Heather & Steff & all you other Soxy Gyrls have the right idea....I'm on you're side. These Sox Fan mens are just jealous that we aren't chasin' after them.

Good Huntin' Gyrls!!!!

hold2dibber
06-26-2002, 05:43 PM
(From AlohaFri's wife)

I've been known to occasion bars in Westmont on occasion -- which one are you referring to?

alohafri
06-26-2002, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by alohafri
[B](From AlohaFri's wife)

Actually, the Mrs. is referring to the Butcher of a slightly earlier era...the man I like to refer to as "Toke," Dan Pasqua.

alohafri
06-26-2002, 08:44 PM

Howdy there Mrs Aloha!! Looking forward to Friday. Seems like forever since we've see you.

Have to wait for Saturday to see her, Steff. Danny Wright is pitching on Friday and I am making her stay at work to sort of change the balance of things. I will be there, however. Can't miss an afternoon game!

steff
06-27-2002, 11:04 AM

Have to wait for Saturday to see her, Steff. Danny Wright is pitching on Friday and I am making her stay at work to sort of change the balance of things. I will be there, however. Can't miss an afternoon game!

Oh.. that's right. We'll have the "Cub fan" with us tomorrow... :o:

alohafri
06-27-2002, 07:36 PM

Oh.. that's right. We'll have the "Cub fan" with us tomorrow... :o:

The good thing is that he is a real Cub fan. His last statement about the Cubs he made yesterday was "this team sucks!"

steff
06-28-2002, 09:35 AM

The good thing is that he is a real Cub fan. His last statement about the Cubs he made yesterday was "this team sucks!"

I'm liking him already!! See you in a few Kev.

CerberusWG
06-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Ron Kittle lives in Valpo somewhere. Time to hit the phone books!

steff
06-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Ron Kittle lives in Valpo somewhere. Time to hit the phone books!

Actually.. Ron has a place in Schaumburg.

whitesoxwilkes
06-28-2002, 10:49 AM
Is he still managing the Flyers? I made a "special" trip out to Alexian Field last summer just to get a Ron Kittle bobblehead. He's right next to Mags on my desk.

voodoochile
06-28-2002, 10:53 AM

Taking one of those folks to the game myself today. He's a good guy who has given up on baseball this season because of ShamMEMEME and Baylor and the impending strike. He really didn't want to go to these games at all, but I twisted his arm...

Maybe I'll see some of you fine folks at the game...

Anyone want two tickets?

doublem23
06-28-2002, 11:03 AM

Just like a suburban cop to bust in and ruin all the fun! :)

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Just like a suburban cop to bust in and ruin all the fun! :) Fun is specifically prohibited by ordinance, mister.

doublem23
06-29-2002, 09:47 AM
Fun is specifically prohibited by ordinance, mister.

LOL!