Kotsay DH :tantrum:
Ramirez SS
Pierzynski C
Beckham 2B

Jackson P
http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox/status/20329715852

thomas35forever
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Let the anti-Kotsay/Ozzie/whatever comments commence.

TommyGavinFloyd
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Whatever. That lineup got it done in game 1 yesterday. I'm more concerned with what Jackson is doing.

Harry Potter
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
:tantrum:

tantrum indeed

VenturaFan23
08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
:shakehead:

GoGoCrede
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Can't wait to see Jackson! Welcome to the Sox! Now kick some ass.

Slappy
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't know about yall but I'm pretty excited to see the 8 million dollar man pitch today.

Gotta get Kotsay in against those righties. The matchup numbers are just too good.

Baron
08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Pierre LF
Vizquel 3B
Rios CF
Konerko 1B
Quentin RF
Ramirez SS
Pierzynski C
Beckham 2B

Jackson P

http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/here-we-go.png

and here we go

BadBobbyJenks
08-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I am excited to see Edwin.

As for the lineup, all you can do is laugh at this point.

LoveYourSuit
Simple question:

Is Viciedo better than Kotsay?

Baron
Can't wait to see Jackson! Welcome to the Sox! Now kick some ass.

I hope he does good....I will unfortunately be at work for this game but twitter will help me keep up with how well he is pitching so far

thomas35forever
08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Simple question:

Is Viciedo better than Kotsay?
Better question: who's the lefty?

Carneyman14
08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Pierre LF
Vizquel 3B
Rios CF
Konerko 1B
Quentin RF
Ramirez SS
Pierzynski C
Beckham 2B

Jackson P

If you gotta put him there, bat him 8. TCM should be 6. Bacon or AJ 7. Kotsay 8

Hitmen77
08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Pierre LF
Vizquel 3B
Rios CF
Konerko 1B
Quentin RF
Ramirez SS
Pierzynski C
Beckham 2B

Jackson P

Well, thank goodness Ozzie is keeping this guy out of our lineup:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10556351

BadBobbyJenks
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM

If not in jest, who cares?

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM

Does it matter?

It's the whole Boone Logan arguement again, just because you do something with your left hand and suck at it doesn't mean you have to play.

hi im skot
08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5br21B9JC1qc6o73o1_400.gif

guillensdisciple
08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
While I am trying to stay away from this Kotsay shpeel, I am beginning to question this as well.

Why would you put in someone to hit who is clearly worse than the person you have waiting to hit? Regardless of the match ups, Viciedo is already a better hitter and will serve the Sox better.

It makes no sense to me.

I won't get into this however, I am just confuzzled.

35th and Shields
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
There are no words that can describe my frustration and/or confusion.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM

I hear Southpaw is a lefty, that means he must be of use too then. Cause being a lefty automatically means you should play baseball right?

hi im skot
08-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I hear Southpaw is a lefty, that means he must be of use too then. Cause being a lefty automatically means you should play baseball right?

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/73/039_65438.jpg

This guy was a great LOOGY in his day.

Boondock Saint
08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
There are no words that can describe my frustration and/or confusion.

This is all I can manage:

:gah:

And it's actually my reaction to this ongoing Mark Kotsay nonsense.

Slappy
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Kotsay in the lineup = Helter Skelter

russ99
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm quite interested to see what Jackson can do his first outing. I doubt Coop has worked with him much, and only minor adjustments could have been made, so this would be a good baseline assessment.

Let's hope we can get another game up on the Twins tonight.

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM

It's very stupid for fans to continue to defend this crap.

There is not one single reason to keep this scrub in the line-up each and every night. Not one.

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
This is all I can manage:

:gah:

And it's actually my reaction to this ongoing Mark Kotsay nonsense.

Do you think anyone in the clubhouse or even upper management has made mention of this to Ozzie?

I'm just lost for words.

doublem23
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM

Kotsay is hitting .234/.314/.369 against righties this year. Viciedo was hitting .268/.298/.443 against them in AAA.

I know Ozzie has forgotten more about baseball than I will likely ever know, but this just perplexes the **** out of me. Can't we at least try Dayan against a RHP every now and then? Is there any harm in letting him see a righty occasionally? If Kotsay were holding up his end of the platoon, then this would be moot, but he is so bad it's mind-numbing. Please, just make him go away.

21stcenturySox
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Looking at the transactions for today on MLB.com and notice that Chris Sale has not yet been called up--Inge is back on the roster tho.

doublem23
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
If you gotta put him there, bat him 8. TCM should be 6. Bacon or AJ 7. Kotsay 8

Then we risk breaking up the strategic R/L/R lineup that Ozzie has going.

Boondock Saint
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Do you think anyone in the clubhouse or even upper management has made mention of this to Ozzie?

I'm just lost for words.

*sigh*

I just...how can you possibly...he's just so bad.

*sigh*

russ99
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM

I'm just lost for words.

Didn't want to go there but Ozzie's working with the 25 guys he has.

Castro won't DH, since who would catch if AJ were hurt? Lillibridge at DH would limit the options for pinch hitter/runner late. Viciedo won't DH (like it or not) for reasons mentioned many times, so who's left: take your pick Jones/Kotsay. Ozzie's going with the lefty.

If you want to be mad at someone, look at Kenny who couldn't get us even a marginal upgrade at the deadline.

JermaineDye05
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
AJ is lucky he's got Kotsay on the team to cover up his horrid season.

canOcorn
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Kotsay is hitting .234/.314/.369 against righties this year. Viciedo was hitting .268/.298/.443 against them in AAA.

I know Ozzie has forgotten more about baseball than I will likely ever know, but this just perplexes the **** out of me. Can't we at least try Dayan against a RHP every now and then? Is there any harm in letting him see a righty occasionally? If Kotsay were holding up his end of the platoon, then this would be moot, but he is so bad it's mind-numbing. Please, just make him go away.

Ranger said we need to limit Dayan's AB's to around 10 per week for proper player development. :rolleyes:

Boondock Saint
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
AJ is lucky he's got Kotsay on the team to cover up his horrid season.

It's almost funny how there's someone playing every day that can make a .237 batting average an afterthought.

JermaineDye05
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Ranger said we need to limit Dayan's AB's to around 10 per week for proper player development. :rolleyes:

It makes sense to me. Eventually the league will catch up to Dayan and for a guy who has yet to draw a walk, that is going to be an ugly sight. Leave him where he's at right now to continue the success so he can build up his confidence. Though I would like to see him get more at-bats. Kotsay will be released soon enough. My guess is between now and Teahen's return is Kotsay's last shot to show why he belongs on this team. If he continues to make outs, regardless of how he's hitting the ball, he will be DFA.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM

Ranger is a company spokesman and I'm tired of what he has to say. I don't blame him as he wants to keep his job but the post game is so bad when it's hosted by a yes-man. And it's a joke that no one has grilled Ozzie on why Kotsay continues to play. Seriously where is Gonzales, Cowley and all the other guys? The fanbase is pissed and yet they never ask the questions that we want answered.

Craig Grebeck
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Castro won't DH, since who would catch if AJ were hurt? Lillibridge at DH would limit the options for pinch hitter/runner late. Viciedo won't DH (like it or not) for reasons mentioned many times, so who's left: take your pick Jones/Kotsay. Ozzie's going with the lefty.

If you want to be mad at someone, look at Kenny who couldn't get us even a marginal upgrade at the deadline.

Those "reasons" are either nonexistent or stupid.

Hitmen77

...or we can question Ozzie's "reasons" for not putting Viciedo in at DH. I think that hurdle is just a tad easier to over come than expecting Kenny to snap his fingers and land us a decent bat.

sullythered
I truly and honestly believed we'd get the Tank in the lineup today.:(:

sullythered
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm sure it's been pointed out, but what are Ozzie's stated reasons for not DHing Viciedo occasionally?

BadBobbyJenks
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm sure it's been pointed out, but what are Ozzie's stated reasons for not DHing Viciedo occasionally?

Letting Dayan bat regularly will stunt his development.

sullythered
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Letting Dayan bat regularly will stunt his development.

Oh... That explains it.:?:

Carneyman14
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Then we risk breaking up the strategic R/L/R lineup that Ozzie has going.

I'd take that risk. Ive never been a very big fan of RvL LvR. If the dude hits then he hits.

BadBobbyJenks
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh... That explains it.:?:

I am not going to try and explain it, I'll wait for an Ozzpologist.

delben91
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Ranger is a company spokesman and I'm tired of what he has to say. I don't blame him as he wants to keep his job but the post game is so bad when it's hosted by a yes-man. And it's a joke that no one has grilled Ozzie on why Kotsay continues to play. Seriously where is Gonzales, Cowley and all the other guys? The fanbase is pissed and yet they never ask the questions that we want answered.

Is there really any answer Ozzie could give that would satiate those railing about Kotsay being in the lineup?

Seems to me that the only answer that would make folks happy is, "Holy ****, you're right, why have I been putting that steaming pile of **** in the lineup everyday, I never realized..."

And that isn't going to happen, so the answer would probably be something about matchups or leadership or whatever and would just get us more riled up anyway.

Just sayin.

russ99
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Did you ever think it's an organizational decision and not Ozzie deciding that? But hey, it's so much easier to point the finger at stupid Ozzie.

Still waiting for someone to name another 21 year old kid in the AL that's playing DH. Seattle tried out Justin Smoak there for 5 games, and sent him to the minors.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Is there really any answer Ozzie could give that would satiate those railing about Kotsay being in the lineup?

Seems to me that the only answer that would make folks happy is, "Holy ****, you're right, why have I been putting that steaming pile of **** in the lineup everyday, I never realized..."

And that isn't going to happen, so the answer would probably be something about matchups or leadership or whatever and would just get us more riled up anyway.

Just sayin.

You're right. I'm just so pissed right now.

BadBobbyJenks
Did you ever think it's an organizational decision and not Ozzie deciding that? But hey, it's so much easier to point the finger at stupid Ozzie.

Still waiting for someone to name another 21 year old kid in the AL that's playing DH. Seattle tried out Justin Smoak there for 5 games, and sent him to the minors.

Smoak went to the minors because he has been terrible, whether it is batting at 1st or DH. What an awful argument.

Boondock Saint
Did you ever think it's an organizational thing and not Ozzie deciding that? But hey, it's so much easier to point the finger at stupid Ozzie.

Justin Smoak was hitting .198, Viciedo is hitting .328. That's a horrible comparison.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Justin Smoak was just bad. Next.

35th and Shields
08-04-2010, 04:03 PM

There aren't many 21 year olds in the bigs in the same position as Dayan is in with the Sox. Smoak is hitting the ball as well as Dayan? News to me.

russ99
08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Whatever. So done with this argument.

If it makes you happy: Kotsay Sucks!!!

Boondock Saint
08-04-2010, 04:05 PM

It's quite the opposite, that's why we're all pissed off.

BadBobbyJenks
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Just admit you have no argument and we can move on.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM

There is no argument. You are just a Ozzie apologist who refuses to admit that he does some stupid ****.

Craig Grebeck
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Kotsay sucks, true -- but he is innocent here. Ozzie's fault, if not the organization's as a whole.

And to think Nick Swisher could be the DH/1B/OF guy instead of Kotsay.

Domeshot17
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I just don't understand why our manager does not put us in the best position to win every single game. Obviously Kotsay has not got it done for an entire season. He has contributed virtually nothing. Viciedo on the other hand has hammered the ball every chance he has gotten. It would be one thing if Kotsay was playing a position Dayan can't, but at this point, entering the most crucial part of our schedule and some big division series, the fact Kotsay continues to just steal unearned ABs is disheartening. Hopefully we can continue to win despite of the hole at DH

DickAllen72
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM

We keep hearing that the Sox don't want to use Dayan as a DH at this point in his career because they want him to learn to play a position. But I guess it's OK for him to be strictly a RH platoon player and it's not important for him to learn to hit RHP at this point in his career. It makes no sense.

sullythered
08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7XjZ4-n_in5cyEMbBE5hv-_ousW42FWoceU20g7ArVGfQBHA&t=1&usg=__VmCi7gp9kIuDMJ2O8uvCLmQ9SEk=

"But coach, I have 9 home runs today."

"It's called playing the percentages Strawberry. It's what good managers do to win ballgames."

Harry Chappas
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Were any of you listening to Boers & Bernstein yesterday when Kotsay was brought up? B&B were (erroneously) stating that Sox fans almost unanimously like Kotsay and don't want to make any changes to a "first place" lineup.

I was tempted to email Bernstein a link to this site. If there are fans rallying in support of Kotsay, it's news to me.

35th and Shields
We keep hearing that the Sox don't want to use Dayan as a DH at this point in his career because they want him to learn to play a position. But I guess it's OK for him to be strictly a RH platoon player and it's not important for him to learn to hit RHP at this point in his career. It makes no sense.
Exactly. I feel the same about people saying they don't want the pitchers figuring him out. Well ****, I'd rather him make adjustments now then when he's starting a year or two down the road.

MisterB
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/73/039_65438.jpg

This guy was a great LOOGY in his day.

He had plenty of hits, too.

VMSNS
08-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Kenny DID get us an upgrade at the deadline. His name is Lance Berkman, and he chose not to come to Chicago.

This is Ozzie being stubborn, plain and simple. He has better hitters sitting on the bench and he's choosing not to play them.

I hope Jackson does well. We need to win this series.

Harry Chappas
08-04-2010, 04:18 PM

I think the only place we're "hearing" this is from Ranger.

I've yet to hear Guillen or Williams explain their rationale in trotting out Kotsay on a daily basis at the expense of Viciedo but I sure wish someone would ask them about it.

Slappy
08-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Were any of you listening to Boers & Bernstein yesterday when Kotsay was brought up? B&B were (erroneously) stating that Sox fans almost unanimously like Kotsay and don't want to make any changes to a "first place" lineup.

I was tempted to email Bernstein a link to this site. If there are fans rallying in support of Kotsay, it's news to me.

B&B know nothing about sports and are no better than most internet message board trolls. They don't like to debate, but they get high off of arguing and making fun of their callers. The sad thing though, is that they actually believe their own bs. I think ignoring them will go a long way.

Red Barchetta
08-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, Jackson has the A-Team defense out there tonight. However, someday those pics Kotsay has of Ozzie will come out and we will know the true reason he plays so much...

sullythered
08-04-2010, 04:30 PM
B&B know nothing about sports and are no better than most internet message board trolls. They don't like to debate, but they get high off of arguing and making fun of their callers. The sad thing though, is that they actually believe their own bs. I think ignoring them will go a long way.

Meh, I think they're funny (at least Bernsie is) and the reason they make fun of their callers is that about 90% of the people who call in to radio shows are knuckleheads.

Red Barchetta
08-04-2010, 04:32 PM

I think a good hitter is a good hitter regardless of what side of the mound the pitcher is throwing from. Did any of the great hitters in history ever sit (on a regular basis) due to the righty/lefty matchup? Even if Viciedo's average drops 20 points due to righty/righty matchups, he's still better than Kotsay.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, Jackson has the A-Team defense out there tonight. However, someday those pics Kotsay has of Ozzie will come out and we will know the true reason he plays so much...

:TCQ:

I made the defensive A-Team? Yeaahhhhhhhh boyyyyy

russ99
08-04-2010, 04:35 PM
There is no argument. You are just a Ozzie apologist who refuses to admit that he does some stupid ****.

No, I see reasons in what he does, and assume he's making the best choice he can. IMO, he's due some benefit of doubt because of his track record managing this club. If that makes me an "apologist" so be it. Personally, I prefer to be devil's advocate on some topics, it's not based on any intentional need to be confrontational.

Back to the topic at hand - you guys see a 21 year old kid and assume he can just jump into the grind of DHing just like that, because he's hitting .328.

It's not so cut and dried, but obviously there's no room for logical discussion for this subject, which I'm sick of anyway.

fram40
08-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Meh, I think they're funny (at least Bernsie is) and the reason they make fun of their callers is that about 90% of the people who call in to radio shows are knuckleheads.

on a side note - It seems as though 100% of the callers who get put on the air are knuckleheads on the B&B show. (Same with the post game callers to Ranger.) There are a lot of intelligent people who call - but they never get on the air because they would expose B&B for the idiots B&B are.

Dibbs
08-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I will celebrate the day Ozzie is gone as manager of this club. Anyone who thinks Kotsay should play as much as he does should not be managing a big league club. Heck, he shouldn't even be managing a fantasy baseball team.

Craig Grebeck
08-04-2010, 04:48 PM
It's not so cut and dried, but obviously there's no room for logical discussion for this subject, which I'm sick of anyway.

You've already proven that.

guillensdisciple
08-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I will celebrate the day Ozzie is gone as manager of this club. Anyone who thinks Kotsay should play as much as he does should not be managing a big league club. Heck, he shouldn't even be managing a fantasy baseball team.

Somewhere here it seems like you forget the job Ozzie has done and continues to do for the Sox.

9 games under to 14 games over and first in the division- no problem, fire Ozzie. Building this team by his wishes and have it succeed, **** it blame Ozzie. Have some of the most exciting and successful baseball ever played in a 5 year span in Chicago, **** it blame Ozzie and fire him.

Where do people even get the balls to say this kind of ****? Who would you want managing this team? Ricko Suave?

kufram
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Viciedo isn't totally rotting on the bench. He isn't getting the playing time some fans want him to (calling it the fanBASE is presumptive) and Kotsay is. Lillibridge isn't getting playing time when others are. But both of these guys were in the minors until sort of yesterday, and could bust as quickly as boom. The end game is only a Teahen away and all will be revealed. I hope at that point that Kotsay's back puts him on the DL until roster expansion because he obviously has a value. Kotsay was playing throughout one of the greatest turnarounds ever and you bust up a winning combination like that at your peril. Contrary to the rumour... Ozzie is NOT stupid. If you want Ozzie gone just to have him gone with no plan or replacement then you'd just be calling the next guy stupid very soon, I suspect.

VMSNS
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
on a side note - It seems as though 100% of the callers who get put on the air are knuckleheads on the B&B show. (Same with the post game callers to Ranger.) There are a lot of intelligent people who call - but they never get on the air because they would expose B&B for the idiots B&B are.

I listen to B&B almost everyday, but I honestly cannot stand Dan Berstein. He seems to argue with callers just for the sake of arguing, and he always insults people and considers himself to be "above" everyone. Even if someone calls in with an intelligent response and agrees with a lot of things he says, he'll still argue with that person and insult them, for no reason at all. Last week, we was literally screaming at the top of his lungs for almost a minute at one caller who suggested a goofy trade scenario. He also places WAY too much emphasis on metrics, and thinks Omar Vizquel is a "very bad player" who can't hit and plays "terrible" defense. Bernstein is just a douchebag, plain and simple.

/rant

I do think they're pretty funny, though, which is ultimately why I listen to them.

JermaineDye05
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Then you will be celebrating the day this team gets significantly worse.

You're insane if you honestly think Ozzie's this bad of a manager. The guy managed this team right back into first place after we were 9.5 games out in JUNE.

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Then you will be celebrating the day this team gets significantly worse.

You're insane if you honestly think Ozzie's this bad of a manager. The guy managed this team right back into first place after we were 9.5 games out in JUNE.

To be fair, he also managed us into that deficit too. I like Ozzie, I want him to stay. But every year he seems to have a toy that he has to play and it drives me crazy!

doublem23
08-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Ranger is a high profile media member who has no reason other to come here than talk Sox baseball with us fans. If you don't like what he has to say, you're more than welcome to check out the other Sox websites out there no one gives a **** about. Ranger won't be coming by to bother you there, that's for sure.

You don't have to agree with him, but at least give him the respect he is owed.

doublem23
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM
He had plenty of hits, too.

He also sucks when he was put out of position (i.e. headliner for his own band)

Coops4Aces
08-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Ranger is a high profile media member who has no reason other to come here than talk Sox baseball with us fans. If you don't like what he has to say, you're more than welcome to check out the other Sox websites out there no one gives a **** about. Ranger won't be coming by to bother you there, that's for sure.

You don't have to agree with him, but at least give him the respect he is owed.

So we can say bad things about B&B or Joe Cowley but not Rongey's show because he posts here? He is just a White Sox spokesman. He is a good guy, but I just can't listen to his show anymore.

CHISOXFAN13
08-04-2010, 05:26 PM
When does the weak hitting catcher, who isn't getting on base get blasted?

I'm just asking.

Kotsay sure is the whipping boy, but AJ is just as ****ing bad.

Dick Allen
08-04-2010, 05:43 PM
It's almost as if Ozzie does this to spite us. I never thought I'd say this, but Teahen can't come back fast enough.

slavko
08-04-2010, 05:43 PM

Sense? You want sense? You came to the wrong place..UNLESS..he is proving in BP that he can't hit RHP. Yet.

I'm just asking.

Fair question, sir. I'm sure the defenders have answers ready, sorry to say none of the answers will make him hit any better. Make that 3 automatic outs in the lineup.

SOXSINCE'70
08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
As hot as they are, shouldn't "The Missile" and Beckham
bat higher in the order?:scratch:

Slappy
08-04-2010, 06:02 PM

I'm just asking.

AJ is the catcher, not the DH.

And you don't see AJ batting 3rd or 4th some nights.

FielderJones
08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
So we can say bad things about B&B or Joe Cowley but not Rongey's show because he posts here? He is just a White Sox spokesman. He is a good guy, but I just can't listen to his show anymore.

The day B&B or Cowley come here and post respectfully to other WSIers is the day they should get the same respect as Ranger. But let's be realistic, B&B wouldn't last 24 hours without getting a long rip.