PDA

View Full Version : The Post Nancy Faust Era

Lip Man 1
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
One other bit of information that I wanted to pass along concerned the post Nancy Faust era.

Spoke with an individual in the front office and they said that it was ironic that I asked about the future. The White Sox were beginning interviews for her position this week. The person that I spoke with assured me there would be an organist next year and that they were on the committee, screening and interviewing candidates to replace her.

I don't have any other specifics on the organist position but it does look like they will have one.

Lip

hi im skot
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Nice. Hopefully the new organist will play at every game.

manders_01
08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Great news! :thumbsup: Now if only I played the organ...:D:

thomas35forever
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
It'd be nice to hear the organ at every game again. I haven't been to a day game at Comiskey since '06.

SI1020
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
So the aunt of the guy that supposedly has the job was wrong when she announced that here?

esbrechtel
08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
I talked with Frank Pellico at last weekends Hawk's Convention and he said he contacted the White Sox and they said they were doing interviews soon and he would be considered for the position...

BringHomeDaBacon
08-04-2010, 05:00 PM
The douchebag in charge of music at the park has been out of control for a number of years now - it started really bugging me in 2004-2005 I think. It's just ill-timed, overly loud, ****ty music that adds ZERO to the experience and is really just damn annoying.

I'm a thirty-something that hits the clubs till all hours of the night so I don't think it's a "get off my lawn" thing. When I go to a game it's to enjoy baseball not some hack DJ's weak attempt to turn the park into a club between innings.

BTW, the douchebag in charge of music phenomena isn't just at the Cell - I noticed the same thing when I checked out New Yankee Stadium.

TommyGavinFloyd
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
We should have never fired the guy who played a Whitesnake song when Chuck Finley came up to bat.

slavko
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
We should have never fired the guy who played a Whitesnake song when Chuck Finley came up to bat.

Are you sure that Finley, a pitcher, ever batted at our home field? But I get the point.

Fenway
08-04-2010, 05:31 PM
The Fenway organist has been contacted as well - he is from chicago

salty99
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
You guys do realize the DJ at the Cell has been there since about 2001 and is also the owner of Triple Threat Sports?

Viva Medias B's
08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd cast a vote for Pellico. Perhaps Jim Corneilson could follow.

Frankfan4life
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
You guys do realize the DJ at the Cell has been there since about 2001 and is also the owner of Triple Threat Sports? It's a good thing he has a day job. I also think the DJ music selection is terrible. I'm happy to hear that there will be organ music at The Cell after Nancy.

PalehosePlanet
08-04-2010, 10:03 PM
The Fenway organist has been contacted as well - he is from chicago

Didn't he grow up a White Sox fan and also idolized Nancy?

I remember reading somewhere that he went to the Red Sox only after The White Sox turned him away, telling him that they were not interested in a part time/weekday only replacement. IIRC, Nancy had just changed her workload to Weekends only at that time.

Anyway, a new organist is great news.

Foulke You
08-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Glad to hear that bit of news Lip. I hope they have the organist at night games too. The Fenway organist would be great. It would be nice to have someone with White Sox roots take the job.

Nellie_Fox
08-05-2010, 12:34 AM
You guys do realize the DJ at the Cell has been there since about 2001 and is also the owner of Triple Threat Sports?So?

Fenway
08-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Glad to hear that bit of news Lip. I hope they have the organist at night games too. The Fenway organist would be great. It would be nice to have someone with White Sox roots take the job.

Josh Kantor is great and he worships Nancy who has known him since he was a kid.

I miss the old days when a ballpark organist did the anthem.

This is John Kiley who worked at Braves Field from 1941-52 and Fenway from 53-91 and also Boston Garden all those years.

http://www.shermfeller.com/Sherm%20Feller%20audio_files/Anthem.mp3

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Didn't he grow up a White Sox fan and also idolized Nancy?

I remember reading somewhere that he went to the Red Sox only after The White Sox turned him away, telling him that they were not interested in a part time/weekday only replacement. IIRC, Nancy had just changed her workload to Weekends only at that time.

Anyway, a new organist is great news.

Absolutely! I also read somewhere that Nancy would be interested in coming back to play at a few games a season. Nancy can enjoy her well-deserved retirement but we'd still have a few chances to hear her during the season... talk about a win-win! :D:

tebman
08-05-2010, 08:19 AM
So the aunt of the guy that supposedly has the job was wrong when she announced that here?

I wondered about this too. It sounded like the Sox had already hired somebody when she posted that information a few months ago.

In any case this is great news. Live music is so much better than the precrecorded stuff, especially if the musican has a sense of humor and a feel for the movement of the game and the crowd.

DannyCaterFan
08-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Fantastic News ! Hopefully we will hear organ music at all the games next year... Can anyone name the two organists that preceded Nancy Faust??

Procol Harum
08-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Good deal--glad to hear we're not going to be subjected to an all-canned music diet at the Cell. It's also good to know that the proposed switchover to zither has been shelved....

TornLabrum
08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
So?

He also posted some of the most blatant anti-Nancy posts ever seen on this web site. He was after her from the start.

Ex-Chicagoan
08-05-2010, 02:07 PM
The douchebag in charge of music at the park has been out of control for a number of years now - it started really bugging me in 2004-2005 I think. It's just ill-timed, overly loud, ****ty music that adds ZERO to the experience and is really just damn annoying.

I'm a thirty-something that hits the clubs till all hours of the night so I don't think it's a "get off my lawn" thing. When I go to a game it's to enjoy baseball not some hack DJ's weak attempt to turn the park into a club between innings.

BTW, the douchebag in charge of music phenomena isn't just at the Cell - I noticed the same thing when I checked out New Yankee Stadium.

This.

I have noticed it at other parks, too. It doesn't have to be that loud.

WhiteSox5187
08-05-2010, 02:14 PM
This.

I have noticed it at other parks, too. It doesn't have to be that loud.

Honestly, baseball teams (and I would guess all sports teams) must be horrified of silence. I don't understand that. If there was quiet during the game at key points, that's a problem, but if a crowd is relatively quiet in between innings? Who cares? What the hell should they be cheering about in between innings?

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Fantastic News ! Hopefully we will hear organ music at all the games next year... Can anyone name the two organists that preceded Nancy Faust??

Shay Torrent (who went on to be the longtime organist for the Angels) was the first, the name of the organist in between Shay and Nancy escapes me.

SI1020
08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Shay Torrent (who went on to be the longtime organist for the Angels) was the first, the name of the organist in between Shay and Nancy escapes me. I believe it was Bob Creed.

PeteWard
08-06-2010, 01:44 AM
One of worst "developments" in modern sports is the blaring recorded rock that seems to have to fill every "quiet" moment. It's the same in all cities in all sports and extends to colleges now. I can't get used to it.

I always liked N Faust but as I am an old complaining fart, there is one thing I do not like that she started doing about 8 years ago---extending the Na Na Na Hey hey Goodbye song to include the removal of an opposing starter who had a great game e.g. pulled in the 8th or 9th after giving up 3 hits or so. Seems silly and that's the time to applaud for that visiting pitcher. Unless it's a Clemens or a Zambrano. :smile:

Dan H
08-06-2010, 07:50 AM
I am glad that the music situation at the park will change because I can't take that blaring music, either. However, it will be said to see Nancy go. A part of White Sox history is going with her.