PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new owner

Viva Magglio
06-25-2002, 08:48 AM
Our franchise's malaise is an an all time low. We need to clean house from top to bottom.

Paging Patrick G. Ryan. Paging Patrick G. Ryan.

baggio202
06-25-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Our franchise's malaise is an an all time low. We need to clean house from top to bottom.

how about mark cuban???

cheeses_h_rice
06-25-2002, 09:08 AM

I work for Aon, and I think Mr. Ryan has his hands full here trying to spin off half of our company and keeping our stock afloat.

:)

Viva Magglio
06-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I work for Aon, and I think Mr. Ryan has his hands full here trying to spin off half of our company and keeping our stock afloat.

:)

I know Aon's book of business is not in good shape, but you know better than I do that Mr. Ryan would be a DRAMATIC improvement over Mr. Reinsdorf.

FarWestChicago
06-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Our franchise's malaise is an an all time low. :?: I see you ignored Nellie's last English lesson.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-25-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

how about mark cuban???

yes that would be great

Iwritecode
06-25-2002, 11:45 AM

I know Aon's book of business is not in good shape, but you know better than I do that Mr. Ryan would be a DRAMATIC improvement over Mr. Reinsdorf.

I think anyone would be a dramatic improvement over JR. Cept maybe the Tribune Co. Wow, now there's a scary thought! That is a question that could lead to an interesting poll:

Which owner is worse? JR or Trib Co.?

Hmm...

raul12
06-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Which owner is worse? JR or Trib Co.?

wow, that's a tough one...one the one hand, you have a stingy bastard who CAN put a winning team on the field (see 2000), and on the other hand, you have a spendy bastard who puts a crappy team on the field, albeit entertaining in an ignorant sort of way.

hmmmm.....i think the proverb "the evil that you know is better than the evil you don't know" would apply here. Give me satan jr. (JR)