PDA

View Full Version : What To Do About Crede

hold2dibber
06-25-2002, 07:21 AM
Crede continues to tear it up at Charlotte, and with the Sox offensively challenged (who would've thunk it!), I'm wondering what people think the team should do about Crede, particularly in light of the log-jam on the left side of the infield.

Jerry_Manuel
06-25-2002, 07:26 AM
Everyone wants him here, but it's not happening. Just like the people who want Manuel fired, it's not happening.

hold2dibber
06-25-2002, 08:16 AM
But the question is, how do you make room for him? You can't just bring him up -- you have to make space on the roster. How do you do that? It seems there are no easy answers to that question.

As to Manuel, I do think his job could soon be in jeopardy. I think KW thinks he has put together a contender, and if they continue to not contend, I think he may blame Manuel. Remember, Manuel was Schueler's hire, not KW's, and while KW may have a lot of respect for Schu, he may not be as beholden to Manuel as he would be if he had made the hire himself. I've said it before, I'll say it again -- fire Manuel and Contreras, hire Showalter and Kerrigan.

DrCrawdad
06-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Put Crede at 3rd.
Platoon Clayton/Valentin.
Platoon Durham/Graffanino.

If the Sox can't do that for roster reasons then it's time to make a tough decision. Trade or release one of these guys - Clayton, Valentin, Durham, or Alomar.

I'm so tired of the bad defense at 3rd. It's not like Tony or Jose are such huge contributors on offense that we can't get by with whatever Crede contributes.

Jerry_Manuel
06-25-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
But the question is, how do you make room for him? You can't just bring him up -- you have to make space on the roster. How do you do that? It seems there are no easy answers to that question.

If there's no strike, he'll be here in September when the roster's expand.