PDA

View Full Version : Derrek Lee & Fundamentals of the Game

Brian26
08-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I learned before I was in Little League that, when you're rounding first, you tag the inside corner of the bag with your right foot.

Derrek Lee rounded first tonight and tagged the top of the bag with his left foot before completely wiping out and falling on his face.

MLB.com doesn't have video up yet, so I can't link it here. I'm amazed that such a fundamental part of the game isn't being practiced, at least by DLee, on the major league level.

Bob Roarman
08-04-2010, 12:08 AM
**** happens.

ilsox7
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Some schools of thought teach you hit the inside of the base with your left foot. Regardless, it is petty clear that most players in MLB suck at running the bases.

canOcorn
08-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Some schools of thought teach you hit the inside of the base with your left foot. Regardless, it is petty clear that most players in MLB suck at running the bases.

I went to several camps, as a kid, and was always told to round the bases, touching the inside of the bag with my left foot. Kirby Puckett loved the way I picked up the crow-hop and made it a point to show me how to "cut the corners" on the bases.