PDA

View Full Version : What's more annoying?

Moses_Scurry
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Being a second place team that runs off a very impressive winning streak, but can't catch the first place team because they keep winning?

or

Being a first place team that runs off a very impressive winning streak, but can't separate from the second place team because they keep winning?

doublem23
08-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Both.

It's frustrating to be doing your job but not be able to pick up ground or seperate because the other team is, too.

That being said, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if any team was chasing us besides the Twins.

AnkleSox
08-02-2010, 11:33 AM
What it all comes down to is that the Minnesota Twins are the most annoying franchise in all of professional sports.

rdwj
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
It's always more annoying to be trailing

october23sp
08-02-2010, 01:17 PM
If it's the Twins I'm not happy.

Pablo_Honey
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
What it all comes down to is that the Minnesota Twins are the most annoying franchise in all of professional sports.
Word.

MarySwiss
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
What it all comes down to is that the Minnesota Twins are the most annoying franchise in all of professional sports. :yup:

jdm2662
08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Let's not forget when the Sox started their hot streak, the Twins were having a rough patch. Which is why they were able to go from 9.5 games out to first place from June 8th to the All-Star Break. Both teams had a soft schedule the last couple of weeks. The Sox now face the fading Tigers and beyond awful Orioles while the Twins are at TB for 4. We will see what happens this week.

PalehosePlanet
08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Either way, beats the hell out of being 10-15 games out.

DumpJerry
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
For a week now, I've told people that I would be going crazy if I'm a Twins fan. You win, win, win and cannot get out of second. That is frustration.

Oh really?
http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/171/full/dcy03myfhffbki5d7il3.gif
http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/54/full/q9gvs07u72gc9xr3395u6jh68.gif

Twins_Morneau
08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I think its more annoying to be behind, because there's only so many games left... That said Sox still have plenty of games against us and the AL East.

:Rocker::smokin:

downstairs
08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Sure, I'd like to run away with it... but with the Wild Card, any streak brings you closer to that picture... which is great.

If the Sox and Twins keep this up, we may be at the point where both are the pick for a playoff spot.

SBSoxFan
08-03-2010, 12:03 AM
I guess this is why Ozzie said not to look up or down, just focus on the next game.

LoveYourSuit
08-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I rather be chasing than being chased.

As long as you're playing good, this is the way I rather have it.

Pressure is always on the leader to not **** up.

hawkjt
08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Paulie said it well; it is not about win streaks now...it is just day to day, and all about gaining or losing vs the Twins/Tigers. And if the Sox can play well in Detroit this week, it can become just about the Twins.

That means yesterday was a good day. Today? We will see. But, it is still one day. Win the day,as many days as possible,and you look up,and it is the last week in Sept and you sprint to the end. We play Detroit and Minny 23 times in the next 44 games. Include the O's in there with 7 ...that makes 30 of the next 44 games vs Det,Minny,and the O's.
The Sox need to have a winning record in those 30 games. Like maybe 18-12?

SOXSINCE'70
08-03-2010, 08:20 AM

How about the guys in black pinstripes in NY?:scratch:
Not to mention the team in BAH-STON.

doublem23
08-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Pressure is always on the leader to not **** up.

There's just as much, if not more pressure, on the teams chasing not to **** up. They don't have the luxury of cushion.

Twins_Morneau
08-03-2010, 08:22 AM

For me its;

1. Flubs
2. Roidsox
3. Evil Empire

SOXSINCE'70
08-03-2010, 08:23 AM
For me its;

1. Flubs
2. Roidsox
3. Evil Empire

I will place this under consideration.:smile:

Moses_Scurry
08-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm beyond annoyed right now that the Sox are only 1 game up with their recent winning streak. But, I'm pretty sure I would be far more annoyed if they were in second and failed to make up any ground or even lost ground on the Twins.

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm a hockey fan first, but there aren't any teams in the NHL who bug me like the Twins do. I'll agree with this statement. From the former House of Horrors to a lineup consistently hitting above what they should be hitting to Twinkieball to not ever doing anything in the postseason after winning the division...It's all nauseating.

Twins_Morneau
08-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm a hockey fan first, but there aren't any teams in the NHL who bug me like the Twins do. I'll agree with this statement. From the former House of Horrors to a lineup consistently hitting above what they should be hitting to Twinkieball to not ever doing anything in the postseason after winning the division...It's all nauseating.

Theres 2 World series Titles in the resume, no?:o:

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm beyond annoyed right now that the Sox are only 1 game up with their recent winning streak. But, I'm pretty sure I would be far more annoyed if they were in second and failed to make up any ground or even lost ground on the Twins.
The Sox would be more than 1 game up if they didn't have such a mediocre first 1/3 of the season.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Not to mention the team in BAH-STON.

In the Central, it's the Twins. No question. They're annoying because they're always there. If we were in the East, I'd hate baseball because of the market skew. I feel bad for the Blue Jays.

doublem23
08-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Theres 2 World series Titles in the resume, no?:o:

They predate this current era of Annoying Twins baseball. FWIW, I'm going to be 27 in a month, and I can't remember either of their World Series wins.

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2010, 08:58 AM
In the Central, it's the Twins. No question. They're annoying because they're always there. If we were in the East, I'd hate baseball because of the market skew. I feel bad for the Blue Jays.
As do I. Even when they're playing decent to well, they're still drawing under 20,000 to a game.

asindc
08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
It would definitely be more annoying to win eight in a row yet not be able to take first place because the team ahead of you won six out of seven.

Twins_Morneau
08-03-2010, 09:08 AM
They predate this current era of Annoying Twins baseball. FWIW, I'm going to be 27 in a month, and I can't remember either of their World Series wins.

And I'm in my mid 20s too, just because we were kids when they won'em doesn't mean it didn't happen.

doublem23
08-03-2010, 09:12 AM
And I'm in my mid 20s too, just because we were kids when they won'em doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Yeah, I still go out and celebrate our 1906 and 1917 World Titles, too.

/no I don't

guillensdisciple
08-03-2010, 09:19 AM
This is the week we need to space ourselves in the division and ride consistent winning baseball until the end.

Twins_Morneau
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I still go out and celebrate our 1906 and 1917 World Titles, too.

/no I don't

Thats a bit different being it was more than 2 generations/century ago. Heck weren't the Sox in Minnesota back then? :tongue:

Moses_Scurry
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
There was a nice long stretch of Twin ineptitude between the '91 series and the 2001 beginning of the current annoyingness. There's not much annoying about getting beat by guys like Puckett, Hrbek, Brunanski, Viola, Blyleven, etc, especially since it only happened a couple years. It's uber-annoying to get beat by Mienkeiwicz, Pierzynski, Bartlett, Hocking, Punto, Kubel, Cuddyer, no-name starting pitchers, no-name relief pitchers year after year.

Plus, the horror-dome was not such an evil place back in the '80's and '90's for the Sox. It was just another set of away games. It didn't become the house of horrors until this stretch (unless you are a st. louis or atlanta fan, that is)