PDA

View Full Version : I hope Lucas gets another chance down the line..

tony1972
08-01-2010, 06:53 PM
When you are given an opportunity and you step up like he did...I hope he gets another chance to start again someday for the Sox...

Slappy
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
For the most part, it seems like guys with real ability to produce end up solidifying themselves a spot on a major league roster with regular playing time. Brent Lillibridge, excluded. :wink:

If Harrell keeps doing well and improving, he'll have his shot. It might not be with the Sox, but it will be with someone.

WSox597
08-01-2010, 07:03 PM
For the most part, it seems like guys with real ability to produce end up solidifying themselves a spot on a major league roster with regular playing time. Brent Lillibridge, excluded. :wink:

If Harrell keeps doing well and improving, he'll have his shot. It might not be with the Sox, but it will be with someone.

The way things usually go, this may be accurate.

The kid looked good, and didn't have the "deer in the headlights" look like a lot or rookies do during their first major league start.

Give him another shot.

Pablo_Honey
08-01-2010, 07:09 PM
The way things usually go, this may be accurate.

The kid looked good, and didn't have the "deer in the headlights" look like a lot or rookies do during their first major league start.

Give him another shot.
And when he struggles next outing, all will be crying "BUST!" and call for his head. Then Kenny will ship him out before his stock falls any further. The kid's performance was great given the circumstances but he hasn't been a top prospect even in this thin system. I wish him luck wherever he goes but he lacks the stuff to be a Major Leaguer.