PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers v. Giants tonight on ESPN

Bucky F. Dent
08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Can't wait to hear Joe Morgan talk about the dinner that he had with the lovely Barry Bonds.

Slappy
08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I can start Broxton or Wilson in hopes to get the save tonight. Who comes in for the save? Broxton or Wilson? Winner gets a cookie.

TDog
08-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I can start Broxton or Wilson in hopes to get the save tonight. Who comes in for the save? Broxton or Wilson? Winner gets a cookie.

Wilson has been unavailable since his blown save Wednesday, a game I attended. The Giants say he has back problems, and I have no reason to disbelieve the Giants staff.

Broxton has lost two straight games in which he has appeared against the Giants. Saturday he came in and gave up a home run to the first hitter he faced after the Giants hit Buster Posey with two outs and nobody on with a 1-0 lead. The first of the two losses was that game where he had to be taken out because Mattingly made two trips to the mound without realizing it, but he was on the ropes in that game -- bases loaded and one out without his good fast ball. He may well have blown that lead on his own.

Slappy
08-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Apparently the latest is Wilson is available tonight if need be. I'm feeling a close glame. Kershaw pitches a gem. Just not confident at all in Broxton anymore, though.