PDA

View Full Version : Cargo hits for the cycle

manders_01
07-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Single, triple then double. Then hits his home run to walk it off! :bandance:

gogosox675
07-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Single, triple then double. Then hits his home run to walk it off! :bandance:

There was no doubt about that homer, either. He got every bit of it.

Nellie_Fox
08-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Who the hell is Cargo?

october23sp
08-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Who the hell is Cargo?

Carlos Gonzolaz. I spelled his name very wrong.

Nellie_Fox
08-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Carlos Gonzolaz. I spelled his name very wrong.Are people supposed to know every lame-ass, unoriginal nickname in baseball?

kittle42
08-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Are people supposed to know every lame-ass, unoriginal nickname in baseball?

Seriously. I had to actually go through box scores to figure out who it was.

manders_01
08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Are people supposed to know every lame-ass, unoriginal nickname in baseball?

Well since the White Sox just promoted him with Paulie for the ASG voting, I thought that Sox fans knew who he was. Sorry for propagating lame-ass unoriginality. :rolleyes:

Daver
08-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Who the hell is Cargo?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/ClutchCargo.jpg

kittle42
08-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Well since the White Sox just promoted him with Paulie for the ASG voting, I thought that Sox fans knew who he was. Sorry for propagating lame-ass unoriginality. :rolleyes:

Apology accepted.

Coops4Aces
08-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Who the hell is Cargo?

:rolling: I thought someone hit for the cycle in his MLB debut or something

DirtySox
08-01-2010, 11:56 AM

As did I. I thought it was some no name schlub.

MarySwiss
08-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I knew you meant Gonzalez, Manders. It was reported on ESPN. And after all, how many players hit for the cycle yesterday?

I guess from now on anytime anyone talks about a player on a team not the White Sox, they should make sure to provide his full name and the name of the team he plays for. :tongue:

Slappy
08-01-2010, 12:23 PM
http://tinyurl.com/25j3nnv

:rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
08-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Who the hell is Cargo?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no idea who 'Cargo' was!

Iwritecode
08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I knew you meant Gonzalez, Manders. It was reported on ESPN. And after all, how many players hit for the cycle yesterday?

I guess from now on anytime anyone talks about a player on a team not the White Sox, they should make sure to provide his full name and the name of the team he plays for. :tongue:

You shouldn't have tealed that second paragraph.

Considering how many people mainly get their sports new from this site and many don't keep up with players other than ones on the White Sox, that's probably a pretty good idea. I had no idea who the OP was talking about either.

http://tinyurl.com/25j3nnv

:rolleyes:

If you make a post that requires a google search for somebody to understand what the hell you are talking about, you might want to re-think making it.

doublem23
08-02-2010, 09:46 AM
If you make a post that requires a google search for somebody to understand what the hell you are talking about, you might want to re-think making it.

:dunno:

Or, rather than just bitch and complain, you could just take the time to search in Google for yourself. That there internet sure be good for looking stuff up. If we were only allowed to post stuff that we knew EVERYONE on the forum would instinctively know, we'd really dumb down a lot of the **** we talk about.

Iwritecode
08-02-2010, 10:07 AM
:dunno:

Or, rather than just bitch and complain, you could just take the time to search in Google for yourself. That there internet sure be good for looking stuff up. If we were only allowed to post stuff that we knew EVERYONE on the forum would instinctively know, we'd really dumb down a lot of the **** we talk about.

I don't think taking an extra 5 seconds to type out a full name rather than a nickname many have never heard of is completely unreasonable.

If your communication skills are that bad that 6 people respond to a post that basically say, "who/what the hell are you talking about?" it's a bad post.

doublem23
08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't think taking an extra 5 seconds to type out a full name rather than a nickname many have never heard of is completely unreasonable.

If your communication skills are that bad that 6 people respond to a post that basically say, "who/what the hell are you talking about?" it's a bad post.

I knew who Cargo was.

What happened to common courtesy, in the time it took someone to condenscendingly reply, they could have Google searched it, found their answer, and not come off like total jag-off.

Coops4Aces
08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I knew who Cargo was.

What happened to common courtesy, in the time it took someone to condenscendingly reply, they could have Google searched it, found their answer, and not come off like total jag-off.
Mod vs mod fighting? :popcorn:

Iwritecode
08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Mod vs mod fighting? :popcorn:

Considering Nellie was the first to make a "condenscending reply", :nod:

october23sp
08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
MLB.com website.

Nellie_Fox
08-05-2010, 12:47 AM
MLB.com website.Yeah, so? Are you trying to re-start something?

october23sp
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah, so? Are you trying to re-start something?

Just pointing out the OP didn't make up the nickname, and that the official site of Major League Baseball calls him that.

kittle42
08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Just pointing out the OP didn't make up the nickname, and that the official site of Major League Baseball calls him that.

I don't think anyone was questioning that. We just hate these nicknames, and some of us couldn't even figure out to whom this one referred.

spawn
08-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't think anyone was questioning that. We just hate these nicknames, and some of us couldn't even figure out to whom this one referred.

Exactly. I had no idea who Cargo was. I thought he was some rookie that accomplished this. Also, to be nitpicky, according to the website, it's CarGo. Now, if it was posted like that, some posters, myself included, would've seen it as a nickname instead of some obscure player's last name.

GoGoCrede
08-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Exactly. I had no idea who Cargo was. I thought he was some rookie that accomplished this. Also, to be nitpicky, according to the website, it's CarGo. Now, if it was posted like that, some posters, myself included, would've seen it as a nickname instead of some obscure player's last name.

I thought the guy's last name was Cargo as well, and wondered who the heck the guy was.. :?: Had no idea it was a nickname.

Anyway...congrats!

GoGoCrede
08-05-2010, 11:07 AM

Me too, I was really impressed!

It's okay, Manders! :smile::smile::smile:

voodoochile
08-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Fascinating thread... simply fascinating...

A riveting portrayal of Internet courtesy and great baseball discussion to boot...

Edit: Though I did bookmark the Google macro page.

Iwritecode
08-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Edit: Though I did bookmark the Google macro page.

That thing is great fun. :cool:

Coops4Aces
08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Just wanna say that the nickname is actually CarGo and the capital G makes a huge difference

spawn
08-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Just wanna say that the nickname is actually CarGo and the capital G makes a huge difference

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2582635&postcount=25

doublem23
08-05-2010, 11:26 AM

That seems to depend on who you ask

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gonzaca01.shtml

Coops4Aces
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2582635&postcount=25

How did I miss that? :redface: Sorry Spawn.