PDA

View Full Version : Poll: New Sox Mascot

Procol Harum
06-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Maybe what the 2002 edition of the White Sox needs is a new mascot--which of the following suggestions do you think would be most appropriate?

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 10:45 PM
I guess we wont see a guy running around in an "A" costume and called" A Game", will we?

Procol Harum
06-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I guess we wont see a guy running around in an "A" costume and called" A Game", will we?

ROTFL! :D:

MisterB
06-24-2002, 10:50 PM
How about
http://www.entrypoints.com/DCPage/Skunk/Skunk.gif
Stinky the Sox Skunk ?

FanOf14
06-24-2002, 10:51 PM
I have a hamster named Stinky and one named Stinkus - I am willing to rent them out for a few to be mascots for the Sox.

Procol Harum
06-24-2002, 10:52 PM
My best instinct was the Ken Doll--the male plumbing on ol' Ken and the Sox is about the same....

Procol Harum
06-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
How about Stinky the Sox Skunk ?

I rather like that one--maybe we could parlay that into a Miller Field-like "Rally Rabbit." Insted of the usual brown paper bags, maybe somebody should start attending the games at Comiskey in a skunk suit bedecked in a Sox jersey and hat. Hey, George, do you think we could get the WSI family to get behind this effort as a bit of a visual fan editorial--a little bit of street theater for the stadium ??

PaleHoseGeorge
06-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

I rather like that one--maybe we could parlay that into a Miller Field-like "Rally Rabbit." Insted of the usual brown paper bags, maybe somebody should start attending the games at Comiskey in a skunk suit bedecked in a Sox jersey and hat. Hey, George, do you think we could get the WSI family to get behind this effort as a bit of a visual fan editorial--a little bit of street theater for the stadium ??

A Sox skunk mascot? I like it! It's even black and white!

:reinsy
"He'll look great amongst a sea of empty blue seats in our ballpark!"

:giangreco
"Word up, Jerry!"

PaleHoseGeorge
06-24-2002, 11:01 PM
I voted for Ribbie and Roobarb. I'm such a sentimental fool.

Do you think we can get them out of those high paying jobs at the auto detailing shop?

:)

Ribbie & Roobarb's Auto Detailers, Inc. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Fun&Games/RibRoob.htm)

Procol Harum
06-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I voted for Ribbie and Roobarb. I'm such a sentimental fool.

It's hard to resist the charming R & R Boys, but the idea of Stinky the Sox Skunk seems like a real winner...unlike our boys the Pale Hose.

Daver
06-24-2002, 11:06 PM

I would be more than happy to provide real skunks,I do have the skill to harvest them.

Procol Harum
06-24-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by daver

I would be more than happy to provide real skunks,I do have the skill to harvest them.

Awfully decent of ya, Daver--really--but I think I'll stick with the guy in the suit as a better option. Of course, if you could catch a few of the lil' critters and could smuggle them into the Sox offices.... :D: But then again, that probably wouldn't work; they don't seem to notice when something stinks.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-24-2002, 11:11 PM
My best instinct was the Ken Doll--the male plumbing on ol' Ken and the Sox is about the same....

:discomoron

"NO WAY!! The Ken doll is my mascot! YOU creeps can't have him!!!"

PaleHoseGeorge
06-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Somebody had the idea of filling up Comiskey's outfield with old junk and garbage. Make it look like the REAL south side! We could probably populate the area with quite a few skunks, opossums, rats, stray cats, etc.

TornLabrum
06-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Somebody had the idea of filling up Comiskey's outfield with old junk and garbage.

Comiskey is already filled up with old junk and garbage. It's called Your 2002 Chicago White Sox. :angry:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Are they dumb enough to drink it? Holy cow, what else can I kill around here!

:)

Why don't you leave a small dish of anti freeze in the Sox Clubhouse & see if Nardi the Alien or Roycie drinks it?

voodoochile
06-25-2002, 12:27 AM
Kenneé Le Pew

Kenneé Le Pew has all the qualities of a great lover. He is a born romantic. His enthusiasm knows no bounds. His ego is as big as the Eiffel Tower. He showers other GM's with flowery come-ons, champagne, and money. He purrs. He coos. He cajoles... All in that entrancing fake accent.

But like all great heroes, he has a flaw: his natural, er, "perfume." That skunk brain has been known to make other GM's laugh unstoppingly as he walks by. Dugouts clear out the moment the amorous Kenneé enters. Fan bases—which have survived hundreds of years of loss and insult—melt in his presence.

But worst of all, that stench makes the fans run away from Kenneé's team in horror. Love may be blind, but its ability to smell is A-OK. But luckily for our olfactory-challenged lover, he has one other abiding quality, perhaps his best: He won't take no for an answer.

Perhaps Kenneé Le Pew would have less trouble with the devoted fans if he stuck to his own species. Pepé has an unfortunate habit of falling not for stars, but for wannabes with huge contracts strapped to their backs. Sometimes these signings are pitchers, as is the case with Wells and Ritchie. Sometimes the playes are position players like Royce.But what ever the case, you can be sure they will carry a skunk-like stench when they come into contact with Kenneé. In Past Perfumance, Kenneé needed an "shortstop" for his team, so he brought in Royce. He needs it so desperately that the opposing GM didn't even try to rip Kenneé off. The result for our Romeo is the same: Kenneé falls for the slick glove no hit player. When Kenneé strokes the fur of his love gently and tells him, "You are my peanut. I am your brittle," Royce just smiles and says, Thanks, Kenneé I was sure my career was over." As usual, Kenneé thinks Royce is just playing hard to get. Hilariously, our star-struck lover never catches on that he's chasing a bust who's only hope of playing is to fool some idiot into taking him off of Texas's hands.

This is not to say that Kenneé only falls for position players. In 2001 he acquired a fat pitcher for the price of 2 live arms, but that Park Avenue dog turns out to be another skunk. Even in his early days, the greatest lover chased his dreams!

Kenneé has momentarily better luck in 2001 when he trades 3 live arms for Todd Ritchie. The fans pretend to kill themselves. But Kenneé rushes to their aid, and quickly administers a dose of skunk scent to finish the deed...

Later Kenneé invites, almost seduces, the fans with champagne and cigarettes so he may elaborate on his search for love in the wilds of Chicago. He beseeches Jerry Reinsdorf to "come weeth me to ze Casbah" and romances him with a French rendition of "The Good-bye Song." When that dosn't work, Kenneé literally chains himself to his love. You know what they say about the chains of love!

Ahhh...the mystery of love!