Rios cf
Konerko 1b
Quentin dh
Pierzynski c
Viciedo 3b
Jones rf
Beckham 2b

DanKs p

Gameday (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2010_07_31_oakmlb_chamlb_1&mode=preview)

guillensdisciple
07-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Viciedo again!!!!
Yusssss

Hitmen77
07-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Viciedo, Jones in. Vizquel, Kotsay out.

Screw the lefty/righty matchup, I'd like to see how a lineup of Vizquel (at 3rd) and Viciedo (DH - yes, the career ruining DH) fares.

HomeFish
07-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I love lineups with Viciedo in them

kjhanson
07-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I haven't complained in a lineup thread this year, so here goes nothing:

Can we stop posting links to Twitter and instead just post the content? None of the material is copyrighted and it's annoying to have to click over to read the tweet.

(lineup looks good!)

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2010, 03:08 PM
I really wish Viciedo would just DH.

JB98
07-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Once again, the opposition is throwing a left-handed starter. If they keep throwing lefties at the Sox, Ozzie is going to play Viciedo.

TDog
07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
This is the expected lineup against Braden. I think it's the same lineup the Sox ran against him last Sunday. The only question was whether Castro would start at catcher. With Pierzynski in the lineup, it means Castro will start against Gonzalez, probably the only change in this lineup.

VenturaFan23
07-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes! I'll be at this game, so thank you Ozzie for letting me watch Viciedo and not Kotsay! :bandance:

hawkjt
07-31-2010, 03:16 PM
This was Dayan's big weekend with 3 straight lefty starters.
I assume he will also start vs Gio tomorrow if he keeps hitting.
After that? Who knows...just hope he is still a Sox after today.

Time for payback on Braden...the Sox remember when a pitcher beats them this summer...and extract a lb of flesh..I hope:D:

TDog
07-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Yes! I'll be at this game, so thank you Ozzie for letting me watch Viciedo and not Kotsay! :bandance:

Thank Bob Geren.

Slappy
07-31-2010, 03:31 PM
No Castro. :whiner:

Zisk77
07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
No Castro. :whiner:

Never thought I'd read that.

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Once again, the opposition is throwing a left-handed starter. If they keep throwing lefties at the Sox, Ozzie is going to play Viciedo.

By this thought process, we will never find out if he can hit RH pitchers at this level.

It's a stupid policy by Ozzie.

Chez
07-31-2010, 03:49 PM
By this thought process, we will never find out if he can hit RH pitchers at this level.

It's a stupid policy by Ozzie.

Not sure if I would call it "stupid," but it's kind of a weird platoon at 3B (and decision to not let Viciedo DH). Rather than going with a straight righty/lefty platoon with Viciedo and Vizquel, the determining factor should be who is pitching for the Sox. When Danks and Buehrle start, expect more infield grounders and start Omar. When Floyd and Garcia start, put Dayan at 3B.

twinsuck
07-31-2010, 04:11 PM
I think we got this one.

thomas35forever
07-31-2010, 04:26 PM
VI-CI-E-DO *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

TDog
07-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Not sure if I would call it "stupid," but it's kind of a weird platoon at 3B (and decision to not let Viciedo DH). Rather than going with a straight righty/lefty platoon with Viciedo and Vizquel, the determining factor should be who is pitching for the Sox. When Danks and Buehrle start, expect more infield grounders and start Omar. When Floyd and Garcia start, put Dayan at 3B.

If Vizquel weren't hitting so well, you might see Viciedo starting more games against right-handed pitchers with Vizquel coming in for late-inning defense in games the Sox were winning.

The only reason Viciedo came up was that the White Sox needed a right-handed-hitting third baseman, Vizquel not being able to consistently hit well right-handed, and starting him every day would tire him to the point where hit would hurt his left-handed hitting. There is no question that if you wanted your best defensive team on the field, Vizquel, like Jones, would be in the lineup. Vizquel took over when Teahen went down, and perhaps not coincidentally, the Sox took off. But Nix was hurting the Sox both offensively and defensively. Viciedo came up to replace Nix. Your regular first-baseman is also right-handed and an important part of the offense.

Not that I am dismissing yours as a bad idea, but I don't know that I have ever seen a manager use a regular platoon rooted in defense for any position other than catcher -- that is, pitchers, especially knuckleballers, having "personal catchers." I'm sure that Chuck Tanner adjusted the rest of his defense on occasion when Wilbur Wood was pitching for the Sox, but it wasn't a regular thing.

voodoochile
07-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Viciedo, Jones in. Vizquel, Kotsay out.

Screw the lefty/righty matchup, I'd like to see how a lineup of Vizquel (at 3rd) and Viciedo (DH - yes, the career ruining DH) fares.

I think eventually we will, but we all know that OG likes to bring along young players a bit slower and give them every chance to settle in before messing with their routine. Look at how he used Santos early this season for example.

He's letting Viciedo get his feet wet in a situation he feels comfortable with and can succeed at - playing the field and facing LHP.

As time goes by I'm sure we'll see him face RHP too and eventually even do some DH'ing...

october23sp
07-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Viciedo is be showcased for waivers.

MarySwiss
07-31-2010, 04:57 PM
I haven't complained in a lineup thread this year, so here goes nothing:

Can we stop posting links to Twitter and instead just post the content? None of the material is copyrighted and it's annoying to have to click over to read the tweet.

(lineup looks good!)
Actually, anything original a person writes becomes their intellectual property unless they waive their rights. It doesn't have to be registered with the Copyright Office (although that does make it easier to defend your interests). It's probably not likely that posting Twitter content would lead to a lawsuit, but WSI's policy of just posting links is simply playing it safe. :smile:

I don't twitter, so I could be wrong about this if, for instance, twitterers have to agree to release their interests in their tweets. (And THERE'S a sentence I never thought I'd write!) :D:

SephClone89
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
I was supposed to go to this game, but it's a really busy day at Jimmy John's and I couldn't get off of work. My Dad and sister are going instead tonight. Go Sox!

07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
My hope for this game is that Pierzynski slowly walks across the mound from 3rd to 1st base off of a foul ball

And that we win by 10 runs

Slappy
07-31-2010, 05:11 PM
My hope for this game is that Pierzynski slowly walks across the mound from 3rd to 1st base off of a foul ball

:popcorn:

Daver
07-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Actually, anything original a person writes becomes their intellectual property unless they waive their rights.

Exactly, which is why we state quite plainly in the Code of Conduct that every post made here is the property of WSIforums, by agreeing to that you have waived your rights to anything you post here. I have no idea if Twitter has the same policy because I don't and never will use it, the same goes for Facebook.

Slappy
07-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Exactly, which is why we state quite plainly in the Code of Conduct that every post made here is the property of WSIforums, by agreeing to that you have waived your rights to anything you post here. I have no idea if Twitter has the same policy because I don't and never will use it, the same goes for Facebook.

That's kind of a frightening thought, actually. Not that I think anything posted here by me should be highly regarded, but still. That gives me the heebie jeebies.

Daver
07-31-2010, 06:13 PM
That's kind of a frightening thought, actually. Not that I think anything posted here by me should be highly regarded, but still. That gives me the heebie jeebies.

Then don't post here is all I can tell you.

You agreed to it when you joined.

doublem23
07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Kotsay out, Sox rout?

I'm feeling like double digits tonight.

GoGoCrede
07-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Show of hands, who else did not know the game began at 6?

Sacks packed with A's...yikes.

GoGoCrede
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
This is bad. 4-0 in the 2nd.

edit - wrong thread, sorry!