PDA

View Full Version : Update: Cubs Getting Destroyed by Brew Crew (Was: Rockies Score 10 with two out!)

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?gameId=300730127

I think that this is the third time a team has scored ten runs in an inning against the Cubs and this is the second time there have been two outs before a run came across. I wonder if that's a record.

DumpJerry
07-30-2010, 10:58 PM
So what? We're 14 games over .500!

Maybe it is the team that owes Zambrano an apology........

spawn
07-30-2010, 10:59 PM
11 consecutive hits. This has been simply amazing. It was 5-2 going into the bottom of the 8th...now 17-2. 8 extra base hits. Wow.

manders_01
07-30-2010, 11:00 PM
LMAO This is soooooooooo fun to watch! I guess I should have gone a head and went to the game tonight! :redneck

manders_01
07-30-2010, 11:01 PM
17 hitters in an inning, 12 runs across the plate thus far.

ChiSoxGirl
07-30-2010, 11:02 PM
This game is comedy gold! I've been :roflmao: since I turned it on 15 minutes ago. Whenever you feel down about the Sox, count your lucky stars that you're not a Cub fan!

Viva Medias B's
07-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Broncos 17, Bears 2 (4th)

Lou has that Lovie look on his face.

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:03 PM
As Bob Brenly said "This is just glorified batting practice." They have batted around twice now.

manders_01
07-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Please do not blaspheme either of my teams. :tsk: :wink:

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:04 PM

I feel bad for Lou, even though he is a Cub, I like him and it's sad to see his managerial career end like this.

Viva Medias B's
07-30-2010, 11:05 PM
And this inning is ovah.

manders_01
And they final end it.

ChiSoxGirl
LMAO This is soooooooooo fun to watch! I guess I should have gone a head and went to the game tonight! :redneck

When I turned it on, I actually remembered your post from earlier about staying away from the ballpark this weekend because the Cubs are in town. I thought to myself, "She should go to one of these games for the comic relief alone!"

17 hitters in an inning, 12 runs across the plate thus far.

Make that 18! Nothing like putting a good 'ol 12-spot on the board! :redneck

PeteWard
07-30-2010, 11:06 PM
I think the city needs to learn from North Korea and its soccer team. Daley needs to round up the entire Cubs team and organization and ship them to city hall for a 4 hour session of public confession, shame and humiliation.

Viva Medias B's
Please do not blaspheme either of my teams. :tsk: :wink:

Denver scored two touchdowns on two Cutler INT-RET-TD's; Bears managed to sack Tebow in the endzone.

manders_01
When I turned it on, I actually remembered your post from earlier about staying away from the ballpark this weekend because the Cubs are in town. I thought to myself, "She should go to one of these games for the comic relief alone!"

My boss has been "whining" for a week that he was going to the game with some good friends who are Scrubs fans. Something tells me the night has turned out just fine for him. :cool:

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:07 PM
The funny part was it was a three run game. The Cubs at least had a chance. Boy. I think that is three times ten runs have scored in an inning against the Cubs this season and twice they have come with two outs. I'd love to hear the post game show for the Cubs.

Viva Medias B's
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Bears need two touchdowns and must go for two on one of them.

PeteWard
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
delete

manders_01
07-30-2010, 11:09 PM
12 Runs, 13 Hits, 0 Errors

Awesome! :bandance:

Rockies really needed this. They've been in an ugly slide and this should help bolster some much needed confidence!

Nelfox02
07-30-2010, 11:11 PM
loved every minute of it

Wont lie, the cubs completely crapping the bed this season has made the Sox turnaround even sweeter.......irrational? I guess, but true

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Awesome! :bandance:

Rockies really needed this. They've been in an ugly slide and this should help bolster that much needed confidence!

I happened to go to a Cubs-Reds game this year where the Cubs had a ten run inning and the Cub fan sitting next to me said to one of his friends "You know, this might be the kind of loss the Cubs need to turn this season around." They were ten under at that point. I turned to my dad and said "I wonder what it's like to live that far out of touch with reality. It's like being in North Korea."

Viva Medias B's
07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
11 consecutive base hits a new MLB record, per Len.

theamb
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Still not as good as the Cardinals collapse against the Rockies earlier this month

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Cubs are going to have to come up with a HUGE two out rally here

russ99
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Nice pitching line, Andrew Cashner:

0.0 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 6ER, 2 HR, 4 Extra base hits.

That's epic bad. Jose Paniagua bad.

doublem23
07-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I feel bad for Lou, even though he is a Cub, I like him and it's sad to see his managerial career end like this.

Lou was a pompous dick when he took over the Cubs; oh yeah, no one has found the formula to win on the North Side in 100 years, and he thinks he's got it all figured out.

:rolling:

I hope they lose every game by 30 runs from here on out. Put a nice exclamation mark at the end of his generally forgettable managerial career.

manders_01
07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I happened to go to a Cubs-Reds game this year where the Cubs had a ten run inning and the Cub fan sitting next to me said to one of his friends "You know, this might be the kind of loss the Cubs need to turn this season around." They were ten under at that point. I turned to my dad and said "I wonder what it's like to live that far out of touch with reality. It's like being in North Korea."

Since the Rox are an above .500 team and their skid wasn't too long, I don't think it's really a stretch to think it won't. Plus Tulo just came back and they needed these few games to get back to normalcy. I think they may just go grab that WC spot again! :wink:

russ99
07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
oh yeah, no one has found the formula to win on the North Side in 100 years, and he thinks he's got it all figured out.

The funny part is all Cubs managers think that.

cub killer
07-30-2010, 11:18 PM
And yet the scrubs still had a ton of fans at the home of the 2007 National League Champs.

Brian26
07-30-2010, 11:19 PM

**** Lou. He came in like the cavalry, hoping to be the savior that would take them to the promised land. He's getting what he deserves, just like Dusty and Baylor before him. Brenly will be next.

Brian26
07-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Lou was a pompous dick when he took over the Cubs; oh yeah, no one has found the formula to win on the North Side in 100 years, and he thinks he's got it all figured out.

I hope they lose every game by 30 runs from here on out. Put a nice exclamation mark at the end of his generally forgettable managerial career.

Christ, Doub beat me to it.

This x 100.

theamb
07-30-2010, 11:21 PM
. Put a nice exclamation mark at the end of his generally forgettable managerial career.

Well, that's just being a bit ridiculous.

He isn't Buddy Bell for god sakes

ChiSoxGirl

**** Lou. He came in like the cavalry, hoping to be the savior that would take them to the promised land. He's getting what he deserves, just like Dusty and Baylor before him. Brenly will be next.

Christ, Doub beat me to it.

This x 100.

All of this is completely awesome and deserves the biggest :thumbsup: ever!!!

manders_01
And yet the scrubs still had a ton of fans at the home of the 2007 National League Champs.

That's nothing new (hence my not being at the game). Besides the Scrubs having a national following, I think the large influx of Midwesterners in Denver helps add to their "fans" in the seats.

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:24 PM

So was every Sox manager who took over from 1917-2005 a pompous dick for thinking they had the formula to win the South Side?

RadioheadRocks
07-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Tempted to see what the boards at NSBB look like regarding this game, but then again their game threads have been averaging only 4 pages lately.

This one's only on the second page, boy have they given up over there or what???

cub killer
07-30-2010, 11:42 PM
So was every Sox manager who took over from 1917-2005 a pompous dick for thinking they had the formula to win the South Side?
Whenever we got new managers, the media didn't fawn all over them and make big bruhahas like they did for Baker, Pinella and Baylor.

The story of the cubs is 1 tragicomedy movie replayed over and over and over and over again.

WhiteSox5187
07-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Whenever we got new managers, the media didn't fawn all over them and make big bruhahas like they did for Baker, Pinella and Baylor.

The story of the cubs is 1 tragicomedy movie replayed over and over and over and over again.

Well I don't fault the managers for the media fawning all over them. Yea, the media overreacts but EVERY manager who takes a job thinks they can win it all with them at the helm.

GoGoCrede
07-30-2010, 11:48 PM

I'm curious and I honestly don't know - how did he act?

spongyfungy
07-31-2010, 12:08 AM
The Rockies also made history against the cubs in '99

I remember watching a Rockies Cubs game at Wrigley and they scored in every inning (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHN/CHN199905050.shtml)

becoming only the third team in the 20th century to do that

PeteWard
07-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Dempster Explains --- after a fashion....

After Ryan Dempster (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/topic/sports/ryan-dempster-PESPT001767.topic)'s four-inning outing, the Rockies poured it on in a 12-run, 13-hit eighth inning against Sean Marshall (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/topic/sports/baseball/sean-marshall-PESPT003736.topic), Andrew Cashner and Brian Schlitter. Colorado set a major league record with 11 straight hits, including six straight off Cashner, who served up two home runs.

"It's embarrassing, but it's a fluke thing," Dempster said. "You can't do that very often. That's why it never has been done before "

:rolleyes::tongue::o::smile::D::bandance:

fox23
07-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm curious and I honestly don't know - how did he act?

I don't remember much about when he started managing the team, but I still remember how he would goo all over the Cubs while doing color commentary for Fox. You could tell he was begging for the job on air. The best was one game where he sat there all game long talking about how Cubs fans were the best fans in the world. That was the same game that got delayed in the 8th (or maybe 9th?) because those wonderful fans kept throwing garbage on the field after their team blew a lead.

Cuck the Fubs
07-31-2010, 10:07 AM
"It's embarrassing, but it's a fluke thing," Dempster said. "You can't do that very often. That's why it never has been done before "

Was he talking about last nights game or the last 101 years on the North side :D:

slavko
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM

Sorry I missed it, maybe Comcast will do an encore. I have an idea that there's an unwritten rule about the boost a team in any sport gets from the manager/coach doing something dramatic, like announcing his retirement as Lou did, or blowing up at an ump and getting suspended, as Lou did a few years ago. It lasts about 5 games, then the underachieving mopes revert to past form. How many games did it last in this case? The delusional fans were actually talking about "not too late to turn it around" on the basis of a couple of wins.

Cubbie Swagger. Gotta love it.

ChiSoxGirl
07-31-2010, 11:34 AM

Was he talking about last nights game or the last 101 years on the North side :D:

:roflmao:

Hitmen77
07-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Awwwww.....aren't the Cubs cute and lovable when they lose like this? Sad thing is that this isn't teal for some people.

Sorry I missed it, maybe Comcast will do an encore. I have an idea that there's an unwritten rule about the boost a team in any sport gets from the manager/coach doing something dramatic, like announcing his retirement as Lou did, or blowing up at an ump and getting suspended, as Lou did a few years ago. It lasts about 5 games, then the underachieving mopes revert to past form. How many games did it last in this case? The delusional fans were actually talking about "not too late to turn it around" on the basis of a couple of wins.

Cubbie Swagger. Gotta love it.

The game was on WGN. Maybe WGN will re-run it during the offseason as a "2010 classic":redneck

WSox597
07-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I wonder how ol' Ron Santo took it? I'd imagine there were lots of "Oh no!!" calls flying around.

I don't care enough to actually tune it, though. LOL

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't remember much about when he started managing the team, but I still remember how he would goo all over the Cubs while doing color commentary for Fox. You could tell he was begging for the job on air. The best was one game where he sat there all game long talking about how Cubs fans were the best fans in the world. That was the same game that got delayed in the 8th (or maybe 9th?) because those wonderful fans kept throwing garbage on the field after their team blew a lead.

I don't remember him saying anything overwhelmingly kind about the Cubs, I remember in '06 he did the Cubs-Sox series and was talking about how the Sox success was built around pitching, defense and speed and then said something like "I'm a little surprised the Cubs have never built a team like that. It seems like they always build around their park and that's not the way to go."

C-Dawg
07-31-2010, 01:59 PM
I have an idea that there's an unwritten rule about the boost a team in any sport gets from the manager/coach doing something dramatic, like announcing his retirement as Lou did, or blowing up at an ump and getting suspended, as Lou did a few years ago. It lasts about 5 games, then the underachieving mopes revert to past form.

If you mean his blowup in 2007, it came when they were at rock bottom in last place. They then proceeded to float to the surface in a very bad NL Central and hold off the Brewers for the division crown.

Gotta admit, though, if I remember right wasn't his blowup the next day after the Zambrano/Michael Barrett altercation? Nice way to draw attention away from the real buffoons on the team, Lou.

slavko
07-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Awwwww.....aren't the Cubs cute and lovable when they lose like this? Sad thing is that this isn't teal for some people.

The game was on WGN. Maybe WGN will re-run it during the offseason as a "2010 classic":redneck

Comcast has rerun some WGN Sox games.

SOXSINCE'70
08-01-2010, 11:15 AM

"Jay is our quarterback.":D:

Hitmen77
08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Comcast has rerun some WGN Sox games.

I don't know if anyone else can verify this, but I have never, ever seen Comcast rerun a WGN game.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
The Cubs are scuffling again, they have faced 20 batters in the past two innings and have given up ten total runs with the Brewers threatening for more.

Also Pinella isn't in the dugout.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
The Cubs are scuffling again, they have faced 20 batters in the past two innings and have given up ten total runs with the Brewers threatening for more.

Lou is in Tampa for his uncle's funeral, I believe.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-02-2010, 09:22 PM

It's almost reached a point that the Cubs' ineptitude is no longer even funny.

Almost.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
It's almost reached a point that the Cubs' ineptitude is no longer even funny.

Almost.

I think it was Len who said "Right now the Cubs are just trying to survive." You get the feeling that they are just trying to survive on a nightly basis.

I will say this, as bad as they have been Marlon Byrd is fun to watch. Regardless of the score he hustles every play and it's fun to watch. Starling Castro on the other hand doesn't not seem to possess the same motivation.

Jerko
08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I think it was Len who said "Right now the Cubs are just trying to survive." You get the feeling that they are just trying to survive on a nightly basis.

I will say this, as bad as they have been Marlon Byrd is fun to watch. Regardless of the score he hustles every play and it's fun to watch. Starling Castro on the other hand doesn't not seem to possess the same motivation.

I agree about Byrd. During the infamous inning vs. Colorado, a ball went past Sorryano in left, and he just jogged after it. Byrd wound up beating him to the ball and fielding it. I think it was 15-2 at the time but nice hustle 12.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Brewers have sixteen runs, this is the second time in three days the Cubs have trailed by fifteen.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Carlos Gomez just got drilled for the second time tonight, this time in the helmet. Hope he's okay.

Somewhere, Hawk is screaming at the umpire.

JB98
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Carlos Gomez just got drilled for the second time tonight, this time in the helmet. Hope he's okay.

This guy on the mound for the Cubs has no business in MLB.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
This guy on the mound for the Cubs has no business in MLB.

I wasn't paying too much attention but I think that that is Andrew Cashner and I'm not so sure that that wasn't intentional. Three guys on the Brewers have been hit, so someone on the Cubs is going to pay this inning. If it was the pitcher, I would hope they let him bat.

manders_01
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM

Yikes! That's not cool. Hope he's okay.

Brian26
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Iowa Cubs getting destroyed at the Urinal right now, and the Cubs just beaned Carlos Gomez of the Brewers in the head after a bases-clearing triple.

This should be a fun series to watch.

:popcorn:

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Macha is talking to the ump who is shrugging and seems reluctant to do anything about it. Hoffman is on the mound and he knows how to handle business but I would personally rather see a hard throwing guy in there take care of it.

Evidently there have been warnings, if I'm on the mound I would say "**** that, three guys got hit one twice and once in the head. Someone is going down," and I'd tell that to my manager.

JB98
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I wasn't paying too much attention but I think that that is Andrew Cashner and I'm not so sure that that wasn't intentional. Three guys on the Brewers have been hit, so someone on the Cubs is going to pay this inning. If it was the pitcher, I would hope they let him bat.

It was Schlitter, not Cashner.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
It was Schlitter, not Cashner.

Ah. Either way, I hope he bats. He's gonna get it.

GlassSox
08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
That bean ball was scary and both sides have been warned.

Uh oh, Cubs w/ a man on 2nd and only behind by 15 runs. Go Brewers.

Brian26
08-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Lots of pretty green seats behind home plate.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 10:05 PM
After seeing this, I wonder if Lou will just stay in Tampa and not come back.

GlassSox
08-02-2010, 10:07 PM
After seeing this, I wonder if Lou will just stay in Tampa and not come back.

No one could blame him if he did. :cool:

twinsuck
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
18-1..

cub killer
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
There's only 1 Major League Baseball team in Chicago.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
This has to be the worst I have ever seen the Cubs play.

Brian26
08-02-2010, 10:15 PM
If Hoffman goes deep here, this place is up for grabs.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 10:15 PM
For the Crew, it's hold 'em and go back to the hotel.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Les on the Score is priceless talking about this.

Is there an irony this happens with Ron Zook as the guest conductor?

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
This guy throws hard. With all the other stuff that has gone down in this game, I wonder if he might have a job on hand. I don't know when the pitcher hits.

Coops4Aces
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I love when the Cubs get publicly ripped by the media. It means nothing but I enjoy listening to it anyways.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
And this ballgame is ovah...

Just imagine how hysterical Murph would be if his show was still on.

Brian26
08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Classy move by the Brewers to let Hoffman hit in the last inning knowing they were taking him out anyway.

I'm out. See everyone at Yakzies.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I know Ken Macha was bitching to the umps and that the umps did issue a warning but when three guys are hit by pitches (Gomez got hit twice and once was plunked in the head) I think it's clear that they are intentional and I think the Brewers should have responded.

Coops4Aces
08-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I know Ken Macha was bitching to the umps and that the umps did issue a warning but when three guys are hit by pitches (Gomez got hit twice and once was plunked in the head) I think it's clear that they are intentional and I think the Brewers should have responded.

I'm a fan of responding on the scoreboard. No need to sink to their level.

Frontman
08-02-2010, 10:31 PM
And this ballgame is ovah...

Just imagine how hysterical Murph would be if his show was still on.

No thank you. Got enough of him before; no need to hear him again try to explain the "quality bullpen start...I mean stat; as the bullpen doesn't really start a game."

This is why I get annoyed when they tout how they are the more popular team. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it has any quality to it.

twinsuck
08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think they were intentional at all. The Cubs are just bad....

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM

I dunno, if you're killing the other team and get hit three times I suspect something is up. You have to protect your guys. But whatever.

slavko
08-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I wonder how ol' Ron Santo took it? I'd imagine there were lots of "Oh no!!" calls flying around.

I don't care enough to actually tune it, though. LOL

Probably more like "Aw, gee" repeated over and over. Just heard a juicy tidbit about one of Ronnie's recent business ventures. I won't post it but I hate him better than ever now. Most Cubbie baseball I've watched in a dog's age. It's fun, too.

FielderJones
08-02-2010, 10:42 PM

Hanlon's Razor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor)?

ChiSoxGirl
08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Iowa Cubs getting destroyed at the Urinal right now, and the Cubs just beaned Carlos Gomez of the Brewers in the head after a bases-clearing triple.

This should be a fun series to watch.

:popcorn:

More comedy gold tonight out at the Shrine. :roflmao: I had this game on so I could glance up at it occasionally when I was sitting out on my balcony earlier. Tonight wasn't quite as funny as Friday night's debacle, but 18 runs on 26 hits for the Brewers was entertaining in its own way. :tongue:

russ99
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Brewers have sixteen runs, this is the second time in three days the Cubs have trailed by fifteen.

Cubs pitching gave up 18 runs on 26 hits.

Wow. I bet Lou's in no hurry to get back to this trainwreck.

LOL. With the Astros comeback win vs. St. Louis, the Cubs are now in fifth, behind the "putrid" Astros they all thought they were so much better than last week.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2010, 10:46 PM

The Cubs scoreboard didn't even have a placard for 26 hits, they had to use someone's number for the hits.

ChiSoxGirl
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
The Cubs scoreboard didn't even have a placard for 26 hits, they had to use someone's number for the hits.

:roflmao:

Zakath
08-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Hart, Braun, and Fielder were a combined 14-for-21. They must have wondered why Macha scheduled the Cubs pitchers to throw BP.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Can't win 'em all !

slavko
08-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't know if anyone else can verify this, but I have never, ever seen Comcast rerun a WGN game.

Our 8/1 game from WGN is on Comcast On Demand right now. (8/2)

Coops4Aces
08-02-2010, 11:54 PM

:o: Yeah it is! When did this start?

PeteWard
08-03-2010, 02:24 AM

That would be Billy Williams and I am ashamed to remember that. (though along with Jenkins, Kessinger and Banks he is among the only four Cubs I ever liked in 50 years of Cub loathing)

C-Dawg
08-03-2010, 06:15 AM
I will say this, as bad as they have been Marlon Byrd is fun to watch. Regardless of the score he hustles every play and it's fun to watch.

He's definately the only one who is hustling. The rest of the team has been sleepwalking all year.

cws05champ
08-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm sure Derek Lee is glad he turned down the Angels!!

soltrain21
08-03-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm sure Derek Lee is glad he turned down the Angels!!

I'm guessing his decision had nothing to do with baseball. Good for him.

g0g0
08-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Thank god I missed this one.

guillensdisciple
08-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Thank god I missed this one.

gogo, nothing against you being a cubs fan, but damn did you pick a wrong year to go back :o:

Hopefully you're not tortured for much longer.

g0g0
08-03-2010, 07:55 AM
gogo, nothing against you being a cubs fan, but damn did you pick a wrong year to go back :o:

Hopefully you're not tortured for much longer.

It does wonders for my rest. I just cry myself to sleep. :tongue:

guillensdisciple
08-03-2010, 07:59 AM
It does wonders for my rest. I just cry myself to sleep. :tongue:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I kind of know what you're going through, my parents have not had a great deal of satisfaction on the baseball end with the Cubs either. None of my family has, it's really rough.

Being a Sox fan continues to pay off :cool:

cws05champ
08-03-2010, 08:04 AM
During the six-game losing streak, the Cubs have been outscored 62-17. That's really unbelievable.

Hitmen77
08-03-2010, 08:10 AM

Really?!

I know they used to never do this. Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup:

I have always just assumed I couldn't see a replay of a WGN game that I didn't watch or record - which I know was correct at least last year. Maybe WGN struck a recent deal to put their content on On Demand.

Moses_Scurry
08-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Can't win 'em all !

Shouldn't the game have ended after the inning where the Brewers took a 15 run lead :scratch:?

Hitmen77
08-03-2010, 08:32 AM

LOL. With the Astros comeback win vs. St. Louis, the Cubs are now in fifth, behind the "putrid" Astros they all thought they were so much better than last week.

Thank goodness for the Cubs they play in the only division with 6 teams.....and that 6th team is Pittsburgh! Fun fact: the Cubs had the 3rd highest payroll in MLB to start this season.:happyguy:I looks like the era of trying to buy a championship by throwing money at Lilly, Soriano, and Fukidome is ending with a huge thud.

Seriously, this yet one more reason why this year is a golden opportunity for the Sox to make the playoffs - and go deep in the playoffs. The Chicago market has long been dominated by the Cubs. 2005 made great strides in starting to turn the tide. If the Sox want to keep turning the tide, they've got to seize this moment to capture Chicago's attention while the other guys are stinking up their joint (or should i say "shrine").

Now I'm not saying that the Sox players should have an eye on the Cubs or anything like that. Nor am i saying I care more about the Cubs losing than our AL rivals losing. I'm just saying that it's a great opportunity for this franchise to make more inroads in this town. I know the Sox have a history of squandering golden opportunities like this, but maybe they can cash in this time.

Lots of pretty green seats behind home plate.

Unpossible! Cubs fans are the worlds greatest fans and there are never empty seats at Wrigley!

I think it's a sign of how much the fans have given up that they don't even bother throwing garbage on the field anymore.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-03-2010, 08:58 AM
If you mean his blowup in 2007, it came when they were at rock bottom in last place. Gotta admit, though, if I remember right wasn't his blowup the next day after the Zambrano/Michael Barrett altercation?

It was staged, and he admitted it was. That's what incensed me about it. He commented he was gonna get thrown out. And people loved him for it. Talk about contrived.

hi im skot
08-03-2010, 09:09 AM
It was staged, and he admitted it was. That's what incensed me about it. He commented he was gonna get thrown out. And people loved him for it. Talk about contrived.

I think managers probably do that more than we know.

Cangelosi CF
08-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Coob will need a 1B next year, short-team deal as the franchise/Ricketts family continues to shed payroll. My Cubs fans friends think they'll make a play for Paulie, can't see him taking a short term 1 year deal though.

eriqjaffe
08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
My Cubs fans friends think they'll make a play for Paulie, can't see him taking a short term 1 year deal though.Wow, Paulie in a Cub uniform would look so, so wrong.

g0g0
08-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Wow, Paulie in a Cub uniform would look so, so wrong.

I agree.

I'm hoping they pick up someone younger. They have some good young guys (Colvin/Castro/Cashner) coming up and should try to get a core group that will stay together for years.

Jimmy Piersall
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
During the six-game losing streak, the Cubs have been outscored 62-17. That's really unbelievable.

Yes but it's not about wins and losses and runs scored.Whoever sells the
most beer is the best team.:redneck

cub killer
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Is that a record? Or how about in the 4-game span between Friday and Monday? That has to be a record.

Has anything like this ever happened to the White Sox?