PDA

View Full Version : Gardenhire


Jjav829
06-24-2002, 11:14 PM
At first I was just screaming obscene things at him but after a few minutes I realized, what we did was great. He went out there and got ejected early in the game in the 1st game of a big series. It got his team fired up and they won the game. Im not saying that Gardenhire getting ejected was why the Twins won, or if Manuel was the one who was ejected the Sox would have won. Im just saying that it would be nice to see Manuel do something like that instead of just hold his meetings which ARE NOT WORKING! Either the players don't listen or don't believe what he is saying.

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 11:17 PM
He's a bust out that inherited a winning team in a bad division

Jjav829
06-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He's a bust out that inherited a winning team in a bad division

I know. I never said the guy was a good manager. I would like to see Manuel do something else to try and fire up his team rather than hold his boring meetings. O how I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of those...

Then again, I would probably fall asleep and miss half of his meeting.

HawkDJ
06-24-2002, 11:28 PM
You say he did this because of a big series, it really isn't a big series for the Twins. They know they can beat us with their eyes closed and plus already had a 6 game lead.

Jjav829
06-24-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
You say he did this because of a big series, it really isn't a big series for the Twins. They know they can beat us with their eyes closed and plus already had a 6 game lead.

No, the Twins want this series. It is big for them. All they heard before the season was about how they were flukes. Some of the Sox players were saying the division was theirs to lose. The Twins are out to prove to the Sox that they are a better team. Even before this series they had to hear that while they were in first they still hadn't played the Sox. Make no mistake about it, this series is big for them, and right now, they appear to want it more.

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 11:35 PM
The manager didnt motivate them, our players big mouths did

CubKilla
06-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The manager didnt motivate them, our players big mouths did

Boy.... is that the truth. Even before the game began, FSN showed a quote from Frank Thomas saying something to the effect of..... "we still think we are the team to beat." And that is what Minnesota did. And anyone who doesn't think this series is big for the Twins should watch a replay of the Twins players after Jones batted in the winning run. High fives, yelling, back pats, whooping it up. Haven't seen that from the Sox lately. Although the irony of losing would damper even the most vocal of bench cheering.

Kilroy
06-25-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
...He went out there and got ejected early in the game in the 1st game of a big series. It got his team fired up and they won the game.

Bull****. The manager getting tossed didn't fire up anyone. You know what got them fired up? Having baserunners in every damn inning except the 1st. The 2nd was the only inning they didn't have 2. How long do you expect those runners not to score? The Sox should have lost about 10-4, not 5-4. They knew it was only a matter of time before they pushed some across.


Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The manager didnt motivate them, our players big mouths did

Yes. Ray Durham running his yap at Soxfest. "They can't duplicate last year. We're not worried about them." ********.

Jjav829
06-25-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy


Bull****. The manager getting tossed didn't fire up anyone. You know what got them fired up? Having baserunners in every damn inning except the 1st. The 2nd was the only inning they didn't have 2. How long do you expect those runners not to score? The Sox should have lost about 10-4, not 5-4. They knew it was only a matter of time before they pushed some across.


Read my other messages. I've stated that it was not only Gardenhire but the fact that they do want this series more than the Sox. If you don't think they aren't fired up then you must not have watched the same game I did. They clearly want to kick the **** out of the Sox, and as of right now it appears the Sox are willing to sit there and take it. Someone needs to step up and fire this team up. If the lousy manager can't then someone in the clubhouse needs to. If may take one of the players completely going off on the team to wake them up. But it better come soon, and real soon.

Kilroy
06-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I've stated that it was not only Gardenhire but the fact that they do want this series more than the Sox. If you don't think they aren't fired up then you must not have watched the same game I did.

Re-read my post. All I said was Gardenhire getting launched had nothing to do with it...

ma-gaga
06-25-2002, 02:22 PM
I'm not a great lip-reader, but when Torii Hunter tied the game, he was screaming obscenities at the White Sox bench. I could very clearly get a "f*** you" as he stomped on homeplate.

They even mention it in the local papers. Jones wasn't alone in pointing out comments the Twins have read or heard from White Sox players about this and past series. When Hunter connected off righthander Jon Garland to tie the score, he admitted to saying something to the White Sox bench during his trot.
Here's the link (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/2927788.html) The Twins are jacked for this series. I expect a brawl to occur somewhere along the line. And I'm just saying, the Twins don't like Kenny Lofton. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hit in this series. He said a lot of crap when he was with Cleveland, and they definitely remember that.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
06-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
But it better come soon, and real soon.

It's already over.