PDA

View Full Version : New Mitchell & Ness White Sox Jerseys

35th&Florida
07-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Any one have a take on the new mitchell and ness white sox jerseys? They restocked some of the 70s ones and rolled out 2 new Fisk jerseys.

Just my opinion, b/c he's a hall of famer and all, but Im sick of seeing Fisk jerseys. Why cant we get M&N to make a Baines jersey? or Kittle? or ANYONE other then Fisk. He went into cooperstown as a RED SOX for petes sake (and when i met him when i was 12 he was a jerk face)

Any idea's WSI members?

ShoelessJoeS
07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
I love this, but not for $120.

http://www.mitchellandness.com//images/products/MEDIUM/8432_405_ACWSGF_1_M.jpg

october23sp
07-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Does anyone know of a good site for white sox sweatshirts?

BleacherBandit
07-30-2010, 04:45 PM
The Fisk '81 jersey is pretty darn cool. Man, those uniforms sucked but as a throwback it's kinda awesome to wear around.

C-Dawg
07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Just my opinion, b/c he's a hall of famer and all, but Im sick of seeing Fisk jerseys. Why cant we get M&N to make a Baines jersey? or Kittle? or ANYONE other then Fisk.

I agree. I love Fisk as much as anyone else but there are SO many other jerseys they could do from that era. Heck Fisk only wore that jersey for what, one year?

I want a Francisco Barrios.

fisk4ever
07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
any one have a take on the new mitchell and ness white sox jerseys? They restocked some of the 70s ones and rolled out 2 new fisk jerseys.

...im sick of seeing fisk jerseys... Anyone other then fisk. He went into cooperstown as a red sox for petes sake (and when i met him when i was 12 he was a jerk face)

blasphemy!

downstairs
07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I really wish they'd have the dark blue late 70's/early 80's jerseys. Something I've always loved about those, and they're far better than the whites.

I seem to have more memories of the Blue ones (were they away jerseys?)

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2010, 12:49 AM
The Fisk '81 jersey is pretty darn cool. Man, those uniforms sucked but as a throwback it's kinda awesome to wear around.
I've never understood why people like wearing a uniform that they agree is ugly just because it's old. I was so happy when that uniform went away.

spawn
07-31-2010, 12:56 AM
I've never understood why people like wearing a uniform that they agree is ugly just because it's old. I was so happy when that uniform went away.
And here I thought I ws the only one that felt this way. Thank you!

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2010, 01:39 AM

Yes because the replacements were so much better. :tongue:

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Yes because the replacements were so much better. :tongue:They were just boring instead of hideously ugly. That was a vast improvement.

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2010, 01:45 AM
They were just boring instead of hideously ugly. That was a vast improvement.

I didn't like them at all, but then again I really didn't care for any of the team's uniforms until the current one. When I first saw these modeled, I thought, "Wow, they finally got it right!" :D:

C-Dawg
07-31-2010, 09:52 AM

Some of us like that uniform. Its what they were wearing when I first became a fan so I have a definite soft spot for it.

nitetrain8601
07-31-2010, 11:17 AM
The only throwback as a uniform that I've ever liked is the Sox 1919 throwback I think it was with Red, White and Blue. I think they wore it during the 2001 season. That jersey was sharp. The only other one I liked is the Red Black and White wool jerseys they were in 2005.

jcw218
07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
The only throwback as a uniform that I've ever liked is the Sox 1919 throwback I think it was with Red, White and Blue. I think they wore it during the 2001 season. That jersey was sharp. The only other one I liked is the Red Black and White wool jerseys they were in 2005.

That's actually the uniform that was worn during the 1917 World Series.

rocky biddle
07-31-2010, 09:50 PM
I really wish they'd have the dark blue late 70's/early 80's jerseys. Something I've always loved about those, and they're far better than the whites.

I seem to have more memories of the Blue ones (were they away jerseys?)

I'm pretty sure I saw the blue version at Grandstand a few weeks ago.

Edit- Just saw that you're a nice plane ride away from Grandstand, so I'm of no help whatsoever.

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Some of us like that uniform. Its what they were wearing when I first became a fan so I have a definite soft spot for it.

I think if you polled people as to what their favorite Sox uniform was it would be the one worn when they were kids.

gogosox675
07-31-2010, 10:30 PM

I would fill my closet with Sox throwback stuff if it was affordable. The caps are pretty much the only thing I can fit in my budget.

Brian26
07-31-2010, 10:38 PM

I hated the '76-'81 uniforms during that era; I thought they looked like pajamas. Yet, I agree with Bandit that there's a certain nostalgia for them today because they were the first Sox uniform I remember seeing when I became a fan 30 years ago.

I would never want the Sox to go back to those uniforms, as the ones they have now are perfect. However, I'd consider getting a Fisk or Chet Lemon '81 throwback to wear around the house or to games.