PDA

View Full Version : Get Manuel out of town


balboner
06-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Talk about horrible use of your bullpen. W/Guzman, Mient, and Koskie up in the 7th, why didnt he put in a lefty to start the inning? Garland had just barely been surviving each inning, and all his pitches were up. I'm sick and tired of Manuel's pathetic coaching. Cant wait to see how we lose this one.

P.S. Take Thomas w/you when u leave Jerry, he's a joke at the plate

TornLabrum
06-24-2002, 10:45 PM
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who saw that Garland was getting hit hard and was saved only by some nice defense until he finally through that flat breaking ball. Once again Jerry Manuel finds a way to mishandle his pitching.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Talk about horrible use of your bullpen. W/Guzman, Mient, and Koskie up in the 7th, why didnt he put in a lefty to start the inning? Garland had just barely been surviving each inning, and all his pitches were up. I'm sick and tired of Manuel's pathetic coaching. Cant wait to see how we lose this one.

P.S. Take Thomas w/you when u leave Jerry, he's a joke at the plate


I hope you were watching, We're gonna lose this one,, and the next 3.

balboner
06-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Way to bring a lefty in to face a guy that's one of the best hitters vs righties in baseball you stupid moron! Marte would have struck out Jones on 3 pitches likely. Manuel is a joke!

FanOf14
06-24-2002, 10:48 PM
Send Manuel and Ward. Lately, (outside of Konerko and Maggs) no one on this team could hit the broad side of a barn. I am completely fed up with this team. If you look pathetic up in the dictionary, you'll see the team picture of this year's White Sox team.

oldcomiskey
06-24-2002, 11:01 PM
I have stuck up for Manuel for awhile now---but tonite I sadly agree he must go....I know its not his fault that Thomas and lofton have stunk it up---but three things struck me tonight---one is we cant beat the twins in that football stadium----two is why royce in the ninth and three---agreed---wunsch or marte should have started the eighth.........but I dont believe the guys are laying down---too many sad and just downright ashtonished faces on the Sox side--anybody look at MJs face when the winning run scored.........folks this aint pretty---------barring a strike wed better have a second half like we had last year---I mean lets face it--3 of the runs tonight were gifts----the final was really 5-1

alohafri
06-24-2002, 11:24 PM
No, it isn't Manuel's fault that everyone and their brother are in slumps, but it is his fault that these guys look like they are going to their own funerals.

One of the jobs of the manager is to keep his guys motivated and in the ball game, and none of these guys look like they want to be there.

His "Ghandi" act is getting old quickly. If we want him out of town, I will drive him anywhere you want me to take him!

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 11:33 PM
But Manual would rather have the same players make the same mistakes, than risking someone different making a mistake. Somehow, he must draw comfort from that

CLR01
06-25-2002, 04:11 AM
Marte had a sore shoulder so he was unavailible-he will be re-evaluated tuesday, Osuna was on a plane to mexico, and they could not get Ginter in from Rhode Island in time, he has now been called up and Harris is back in triple A. Biddle pitched the last two days and was hammered both outings. Wunsch probably could have came back out to start the 8th but he probably wanted to save him. He basically had a 3 man bullpen.

CLR01
06-25-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
One of the jobs of the manager is to keep his guys motivated and in the ball game, and none of these guys look like they want to be there.


Bull****, these guys are professional athletes with salaries that are 6, 7, some 8 figures long. If that is not enough to motivate them then perhaps they should spend a couple of months working the fryer at McDonalds or pumping gas.

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Bull****, these guys are professional athletes with salaries that are 6, 7, some 8 figures long. If that is not enough to motivate them then perhaps they should spend a couple of months working the fryer at McDonalds or pumping gas. Absolutely correct.

capn12
06-25-2002, 06:29 AM
A managers "motivation" is only good for so much. Eventually it comes down to these guys sackin' up, and playing the game the way they are getting paid to. Bring up the youngsters, at least they will have the desire to get it done, that is at least until they get to know our owner!!

oldcomiskey
06-25-2002, 07:25 AM
capn I agree yet I disgaree---its easy foir us to sit here and say these guys need to be pumping gas or whatever----right now we dont more youngsters--we need at least one more evteran pitcher to go with Burly and Garland-=-------and I mean a damn good vet---not Toad Richie--oops--TODD

hold2dibber
06-25-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Marte had a sore shoulder so he was unavailible-he will be re-evaluated tuesday, Osuna was on a plane to mexico, and they could not get Ginter in from Rhode Island in time, he has now been called up and Harris is back in triple A. Biddle pitched the last two days and was hammered both outings. Wunsch probably could have came back out to start the 8th but he probably wanted to save him. He basically had a 3 man bullpen.

I understand all of the above, EXCEPT -- how the hell could they "not get Ginter back from Rhode Island in time"? They must have known that they were going to send Harris down after the Atlanta series and bring Ginter up -- how could they have not made appropriate advance arrangements to make sure Ginter was ready and waiting in Minneapolis? What a well-run organization we have on the South Side! :angry:

Geo Cat
06-25-2002, 10:08 AM
I will not watch this heartless team anymore until changes
are made, this is totally embarrissing for Sox fans.
Frank Thomas needs to GO!!! Sit or trade Carlos Lee
and bring up Crede and Bourchard. They have heart
and can hit and field better then these jokes!!!

Reinsdorf DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!

:whiner:

soxrme
06-25-2002, 10:20 AM
I am so disgusted with this team and the management. It does not take a genius to see that Garland was through. Nardi and Manuel should be blamed. Durham not hustling AGAIN, I did not see Pettis grab him but Farmer said he did, so he did not even know the left fielder dropped the ball. Poor base running, errors, and the big skirt standing so far off the plate how could he hit anything?? I did not know that they said Ginter could not get back. They said two weeks ago that Harris was going down. This is such crap. And where the hell is Crede.
WAKE UP SOX, THE WHOLE SEASON IS THIS WEEK BETWEEN THE TWINS AND THE cubs. :angry: :angry: :angry: