PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Tigers...sellers?

getonbckthr
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Looking at thier upcoming schedule combined with thier current depleted roster I wonder if they are gonna become sellers. Pieces of value would be Johnny Damon, Jose Valverde, and with much lesser value Bonderman and Santiago. Maybe a team would even be willing to take a shot with Guillen. From today through August 19th on their schedule they got 5 with TBay, 3 with Boston, 6 with the Sox, 4 with the NYY and 3 with the Angels.

spawn
07-27-2010, 10:28 PM
They're only 4 games out. They aren't close to selling...not in the Central. if they were in the East I could see it. But not the Central.

UofCSoxFan
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Guillen is on the DL so he can't be traded.

ESPN in their trade deadline chat reported that the the Tigers have cooled on acquiring another bat since they feel like they need multiple additions to field a competitve team with all the injuries. I think this is a pretty good self-assessment on their part.

I'm not sure that they sell but I think this has turned into a two team race...and the Tigers are not one of those teams.

JermaineDye05
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
No way they're selling.

I actually expect them, not us, to wind up with Adam Dunn at the deadline to address their offensive woes.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 10:32 PM
No chance at all they sell. It would be white-flag-esque.

getonbckthr
07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Guillen is on the DL so he can't be traded.

ESPN in their trade deadline chat reported that the the Tigers have cooled on acquiring another bat since they feel like they need multiple additions to field a competitve team with all the injuries. I think this is a pretty good self-assessment on their part.

I'm not sure that they sell but I think this has turned into a two team race...and the Tigers are not one of those teams.
- We got Peavy while he was on the DL
- 2nd part is why I brought this up. If your not gonna add but they gotta figure the Sox and Twins will combined with the schedule they gotta feel pretty helpless.

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
If they have last year deals, they should trade those, but you can't justify that to your fans when you are technically in the race.

But they are finished.

UofCSoxFan
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
- We got Peavy while he was on the DL
- 2nd part is why I brought this up. If your not gonna add but they gotta figure the Sox and Twins will combined with the schedule they gotta feel pretty helpless.

According to multiple experts on ESPN as well as wikipedia (I know not the best source) you cannot trade a player on the DL. That's why a few teams backed of David DeJesus. I believe exceptions can be made with the commissioner's approval, which may explain why were we able to trade for Peavy. I honestly don't remember if he was on the DL or not at the time but I'll take your word for it.

Regardless, no one is trading for Guillen.

Zakath
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
They're only 4 games out. They aren't close to selling...not in the Central. if they were in the East I could see it. But not the Central.

By the end of the week, that could easily be 6 or 7.

AzureJazzMan
08-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Looks like the Kitties are selling? With both Johnny Damon and Brandon Inge on waivers as of yesterday... http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/21691075189

Hmmmm pick up Damon, or Manny...

BadBobbyJenks
08-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Damon would look great DH'ing in our 2 hole.

ewokpelts
08-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Damon would look great DH'ing in our 2 hole.
too bad guillen loves kotsay