PDA

View Full Version : Teahen Cleared for Rehab/Hudson Upset with his Walks...

voodoochile
07-27-2010, 01:35 PM
It's a dual article, so a dual thread...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0727-white-sox-bits--20100726,0,6016490.story

GoGoCrede
07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
We were upset too, Hudson. :smile: This means he'll be extra focused for his next start, eager to prove himself. I'll be watching.

sox1970
07-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Teahen is DHing for Charlotte tonight.

Zakath
07-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Give him as much time as he needs, because we're going to need more options once we get near the end of the month starting with the Yankee series.

What will be nice about him coming back is that it gives us, if it's true that they're going to platoon him, a lot of options at a lot of different positions. If Lillibridge goes down when Teahen comes back up, you're still going to have 6 guys who can play the outfield, and 3 options at pretty much every infield position. That'll give us the chance to give Rios and Konerko some days off during the stretch run.

Domeshot17
08-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I only caught the last 30 seconds or so of the post game show, but Rongey was mentioning (not suggesting) the Sox may send down Dayan for Teahen when that time comes. 2 weeks ago I would have said no duh, but right now he has been our best hitter the last few weeks.

Is there any defense to keeping Kotsay over Tank when Mark is back?

hi im skot
08-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I only caught the last 30 seconds or so of the post game show, but Rongey was mentioning (not suggesting) the Sox may send down Dayan for Teahen when that time comes. 2 weeks ago I would have said no duh, but right now he has been our best hitter the last few weeks.

Rongey said he's fairly sure the Sox don't know exactly what they're going to do when Teahen is ready to come back.

If Viciedo keeps raking, I have to think Lillibridge goes down.

DickAllen72
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Rongey said he's fairly sure the Sox don't know exactly what they're going to do when Teahen is ready to come back.

If Viciedo keeps raking, I have to think Lillibridge goes down.
That's probably what will happen but Kotsay should be DFA when Teahen comes back.

Lillibridge can play middle infield and OF. Teahan can DH and play a little 3b, 1B and corner OF.

Coops4Aces
08-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Rongey has said that he was told this team would have folded in late May, early June if not for Kotsay's leadership. If a player or coach thinks that, I find it hard to believe Kotsay will be cut.

Slappy
08-01-2010, 11:40 AM
That's probably what will happen but Koysay should be DFA when Teahen comes back.

Lillibridge can play middle infield and OF. Teahan can DH and play a little 3b, 1B and corner OF.

You say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

DickAllen72
08-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Rongey has said that he was told this team would have folded in late May, early June if not for Kotsay's leadership. If a player or coach thinks that, I find it hard to believe Kotsay will be cut.
If that's the case, then there is no room for Teahen. With Vizquel being the primary 3B now, Lillibridge is the only legitimate backup middle infielder.

Slappy
08-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Right...

I have nothing bad to say about Mark Kotsay, except that he's not a very good ball player anymore.

If the other guys on the team are such head cases that they need Kotsay to play surrogate daddy or something to them, we're screwed.

BringHomeDaBacon
08-01-2010, 12:13 PM

"he was told" - okay Rongey

If they actually believe this then they should make him a bench coach or leadership consultant or have Ozzie adopt him so he can travel with the team as a Guillen son - Ozmark Kotsay Guillen.

voodoochile
08-01-2010, 12:14 PM
If that's the case, then there is no room for Teahen. With Vizquel being the primary 3B now, Lillibridge is the only legitimate backup middle infielder.

Well except that Teahen can back up both 3rd and 2nd and Vizquel can be moved to SS in a pinch or to give Alexei the day off with either Teahen or Viciedo taking over at 3rd.

Slappy
08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
"he was told" - okay Rongey

If they actually believe this then they should make him a bench coach or leadership consultant or have Ozzie adopt him so he can travel with the team as a Guillen son - Ozmark Kotsay Guillen.

I lol'ed.

NoNeckEra
08-01-2010, 12:26 PM
This is a little outside the box, but Jones should be the odd man out.
Lill can play some outfield if need be.

voodoochile
08-01-2010, 12:28 PM
This is a little outside the box, but Jones should be the odd man out.
Lill can play some outfield if need be.

So can Kotsay, he just hasn't so far this year because of Jones.

And yeah, I actually like that idea, save for the defense Jones brings to the table and the occasional HR...

WhiteSox5187
08-01-2010, 01:56 PM
So can Kotsay, he just hasn't so far this year because of Jones.

And yeah, I actually like that idea, save for the defense Jones brings to the table and the occasional HR...

I think Kotsay has said he can't play OF anymore because of his back. Jones also brings outstanding defense to the OF and this team is built on pitching and defense. I still think Kotsay will be the odd guy out and DFA'd.

voodoochile
08-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Kotsay has said he can't play OF anymore because of his back. Jones also brings outstanding defense to the OF and this team is built on pitching and defense. I still think Kotsay will be the odd guy out and DFA'd.

If Kotsay is odd man out, he won't be DFA unless he requests it. The Sox will allow him to go the D'Wayne Wise route and spend a few weeks on the DL and then be reactivated 9/1 if he so chooses. More so if the stories about him being a team leader are true because they could keep him in the clubhouse and dugout to continue that role.

sox1970
08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Teahen 1-2, 2 BB today

Hitmen77
08-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I think Lillibridge or Viciedo will be sent down because they can be sent down to AAA and recalled on Sept 1. Kotsay or Jones would have to be DFA'd if I'm not mistaken. Jones is still an excellent defender, so I don't think Ozzie will want to lose him and Kotsay, well, we all know Ozzie isn't going to get rid of him.

I don't think the "Wise DL" approach will be used because it's still more than 4 weeks away to Sept 1. That's a long time to just put Kotsay on the shelf and I don't think the Sox are going to do that.