PDA

View Full Version : White Sox bobbleheads

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm turning my den into a White Sox motif room and I'd like to get some bobbleheads. Where would I find the best selection and prices?

grenda12
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm turning my den into a White Sox motif room and I'd like to get some bobbleheads. Where would I find the best selection and prices?

eBay would be your best bet.

beasly213
07-27-2010, 10:31 AM

They also have some pretty good and random Bobble Heads at Grandstand. Plaques Plus in Orland Square Mall also has a few to check out.

DumpJerry
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
They also have some pretty good and random Bobble Heads at Grandstand. Plaques Plus in Orland Square Mall also has a few to check out.
Those places are quite a drive from Florida.

beasly213
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM

Ha good call. :redface:

hi im skot
07-27-2010, 11:09 AM

Grandstand ships.

They currently have some 2003 Konerko All-Star Game bobbles really cheap. I think they still have a bunch of 2005 World Series player bobbles as well.

Call Josh at Grandstand and ask him what they have.

TDog
07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
In Florida, your best bet might be eBay. I see a lot of baseball bobbleheads at yard sales and thrift stores. Baseball card stores (sometimes comic book stores, although those tend to focus on science fiction) may have baseball bobbleheads. Thrift stores and yard sales usually sell them cheaper, though. Of course, in Northern California, the bobbleheads I see are A's and Giants, sprinkled with a few Modesto Nuts. I saw a Jermaine Dye once, but he was wearing an A's uniform.

If you go to craigslist.org, click on garage sales in the for sale category and type bobblehead in the search category, you will get garage/yard/estate sales that not bobbleheads among what they are trying to sell. There was a yard sale in Manteca last weekend that had 10 Giants bobbleheads for sale. (I quickly did this for Chicago and found someone who appears to be selling Cubs and Blackhawks bobbleheads this weekend in Aurora this weekend.)

An enterprising White Sox fan or even a Cubs fan who wants to profit from White Sox fans, could go to Chicago-area yard sales and buy up merchandise cheap and sell it on eBay.

EBay also has a collectible category. A quick search there found someone listing White Sox memorabilia, including bobbleheads. You could e-mail such people (although the collectible category may come with a premium asking price). The thing about bobblehead, though, is that most people don't have the original box, and bobbleheads can be fragile.

I have an A.J. Pierzynski bobblehead in need of repair. His glove hand broke off in the original packaging. I sold my Hawk and DJ bobblehead on eBay (because I dislike Ken Harrelson, although since I have come to like and respect Darrin Jackson). I packed it securely and had no complaints.

When I was in Las Vegas, I saw a gift shop that did custom bobbleheads, and it looks like they have a Web site. Those are expensive, though.

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks all, I just ordered from Grandstand a Konerko and Ozzie from 2005 holding the WS trophy.