PDA

View Full Version : Sox Just Had a 40 Minute Meeting

kevingrt
06-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Farmio reported on the Mac, Jurko, & Harry show that at 5:50 the Sox had a meeting that ended at 5:45.

My Question? Good or Bad!

Jjav829
06-24-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Farmio reported on the Mac, Jurko, & Harry show that at 5:50 the Sox had a meeting that ended at 5:45.

I say its good and bad. Im glad they had the meeting, but I would hope they were already fired up for this series, and knew the importance of the series before the meeting.

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I say its good and bad. Im glad they had the meeting, but I would hope they were already fired up for this series, and knew the importance of the series before the meeting.

I'm sure they know what's up for grabs here. A meeting can be about game plans or whatever, not just motivating the players.

hold2dibber
06-24-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Hard to say -- generally, Manuel seems pretty good at the "psychology" of managing today's players (although he clearly isn't getting the job done so far this year). Hopefully he can get these guys focused and intent on winning this series.

Jjav829
06-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'm sure they know what's up for grabs here. A meeting can be about game plans or whatever, not just motivating the players.

I know. Thats what Im saying. I hope they didn't have to have a meeting for Jerry to tell them that this series is important.

:jerry
"Ok guys, this series is important. We need to win"

:maggs :caballo :hurt :walnuts :manos :ray :jon :hitless
"Ahhhh, ok. Good thing you told us."

Reread my message, maybe you misunderstood it, or maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Reread my message, maybe you misunderstood it, or maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I'm just dumb.

Soxheads
06-24-2002, 09:37 PM

I'm just dumb.

It's always good to be honest to yourself. :D:

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 09:55 PM

Wish we had more meetings about game plans-we are always so unprepared

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 10:59 PM
And we played good for about 40 minutes

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-25-2002, 12:10 AM
They had a 40 minute meeting alright, it was all spent trying to decide what strip bar to go to after the game was over.