PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Something Tells Me I'm into Something Good... 7/26 Postgame

SoxGirl4Life
07-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Great game, Johnny! Great game, offense! Great game, sellout crowd!

I feel that another winning streak has begun....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDh2sYQRpo

vinny
07-26-2010, 10:33 PM
:soxwin:

soxnut1018
07-26-2010, 10:34 PM
It's great to be home!
:bandance::bandance::bandance:
:bliss::bliss::bliss:

kM7C_yNlCLU

soltrain21
So, how long did you sit waiting to push "Submit"?

ChicagoG19
Nice game by Danks. Sox win !!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

LongLiveFisk

Nice to start the homestand with a win! Keep it going, boys!! :bandance:

LoveYourSuit
Quality quality win! :)

To me, we just beat the best pitcher in the AL.

That's saying something.

Meanwhile, Greinke is a pretender.

WhiteSox5187
Great game, let's keep it up.

LoveYourSuit
07-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Omar has better English than Ozzie :o:

SoxGirl4Life
07-26-2010, 10:35 PM
So, how long did you sit waiting to push "Submit"?

Sox win! Sox win!

Zakath
07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
(Got to post in this one because the title's better.)

Great performance when we needed one to stop the bleeding from Mr. Danks. King Felix didn't quite have it tonight, and fortunately, we made him pay for it.

Minnesota's going to waste a lot of runs tonight, because they're not making up any ground.

vinny
07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Watching the post-game interview with Omar. He's having fun.

Craig Grebeck
07-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Quality quality win! :)

To me, we just beat the best pitcher in the AL.

That's saying something.

Meanwhile, Greinke is a pretender.

Obligatory LoveYourSuit rash conclusion!

Good job Danks.

Baron
07-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Going against King Felix was the hard part.It gets easier from here.

OmahaSoxFan
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Great to see the Sox get a win tonight, especially in game where King Felix was starting against us!!! Minnesota kicking KC's teeth in, but its not going to matter because there is no ground to be made up tonight in the AL Central! :D:

Go for another one tomorrow night boys!!!

vinny
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Omar has better English than Ozzie :o:
And he doesn't say **** every third word.

manders_01
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM
I unfortunately missed a majority of the game due to working late but can deal with it when we come out ahead! :D:

A large chunk of my extended family was at the game tonight so I'm glad they get to leave with smiles on their faces! :bandance:

JB98
07-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Hernandez is good. He has a ****ty team behind him, but it's still nice to get a win when you face a top pitcher like this.

Frater Perdurabo
07-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Nice win.

OK, let's sweep these guys and then sweep the Athletics.

october23sp
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Keep winning.

Beat the King, should be easy to beat the rest of their schmucks.

voodoochile
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Another good team effort and an inch here an inch there the Sox score 10 tonight easily. What you gonna do, got lots of hits, got enough runs, got good pitching...

:)

:supernana:

cub killer
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Danks, that feels good!

Soxman219
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Twins can score 50 if they want, they will gain no ground!:bandance:
Win again tomorrow Sox!

LoveYourSuit
07-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Obligatory LoveYourSuit rash conclusion!

Good job Danks.

Just pissed off he crapped the bed tonight.

I would take Greinke here in a heart beat.

BadBobbyJenks
07-26-2010, 11:11 PM
15 out of 16 at the Cell.

Danks continue to dominate. He should be at least 13-5 this year.

ChiSoxGirl
07-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Another great game and another great pitching performance, proving that the last few games of that road trip were a direct result of the guys just being tired.

In a nutshell, Danks is dominating, Bag-a-Bones is throwing some leather out there, and the offense is showing signs of consistency. Let's keep it rolling tomorrow!

hawkjt
07-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Johnny got some payback for Gavin vs the King tonite...

Nice to see the offense put up double digit hits for a change...home cooking is tasty!

It is going to be a warm week at the ole ballpark, altho wind seemed to be blowing in tonite..rest of the week..small park,keep hitting Sox.

Juan,Omar,Alexei,PK they all chipped in nicely at the plate tonite..hey even our leftys were heard from with AJ and Kots getting hits!

I hoped the ducksnort would get Carlos going...he needs to get hot again.
One down,6 to go...don't stop now,boys!:D:

october23sp
07-26-2010, 11:28 PM
I really hope this is a great homestand.

TDog
07-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I thought the Sox would have an easier time with Hernandez facing him again so soon. I hope Hernandez pitches better in his next outing, as that is scheduled to be against the Twins.

Danks has matured so much. He not only holds down the other team, but he goes deeper into games and saves the bullpen.

A great way to open a homestand.

LoveYourSuit
07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
I thought the Sox would have an easier time with Hernandez facing him again so soon. I hope Hernandez pitches better in his next outing, as that is scheduled to be against the Twins.

Danks has matured so much. He not only holds down the other team, but he goes deeper into games and saves the bullpen.

A great way to open a homestand.

Huge key here.

The Sox needed at the very least 6 innings from him, he gave them 8.

I hope the Sox can find a way to break up Garcia and the #5 slot going back to back.

Hitmen77
07-26-2010, 11:40 PM
That's more like it. I don't care if Seattle is in last place, this was a solid win against a great pitcher.

GoGoCrede
07-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Just got home. Great game, great weather, great win. I love Danks, and I'm glad to see we made Felix work a little.

We won because I was sitting in my lucky section, which is where I sat for the Blackout Game. :)

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Nice win.

OK, let's sweep these guys and then sweep the Athletics.
Yes and Yes!

MeteorsSox4367
07-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Nice night to be out there, company was good, Sox won, Danks was amazing.

Also picked up an All-Star Game program with Thornton on the cover.

thomas35forever
07-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Just got back from the game. It did get a little nerve-racking in the 8th, but the DP and the two runs that followed assured me of a White Sox winner.

guillensdisciple
07-27-2010, 12:59 AM
I'll be there tomorrow for win number two of the series.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Gee but it's great to be back home
Home is where I want to be . . .

A beautiful night at the ball park. Another awesome homestand looms!

Bob Roarman
07-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Only complaint, once again, the wave.

GoGoCrede
07-27-2010, 01:19 AM

Yep. Happened at every single half-price Monday I've been to this year (well, actually, it's been happening a lot, period).

kittle42
07-27-2010, 01:27 AM

Yep. Happened at every single half-price Monday I've been to this year (well, actually, it's been happening a lot, period).

Really, it's the worst, especially when it starts in a 1-run game. As much as I do enjoy a sellout crowd, I also hate people who don't care what's going on!

Bob Roarman
07-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Yeah and even when there weren't sellout crowds this year, it was still happening. Now, see, that's a bit of a disconnect there for me, because aren't those supposed to be the "true" fans?

thomas35forever
07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Really, it's the worst, especially when it starts in a 1-run game. As much as I do enjoy a sellout crowd, I also hate people who don't care what's going on!
I believe it happened when the Mariners had the go-ahead run at the plate, which is like the worst possible time to start it. I'm all for having fun at the ballpark, but a pity to those who don't know about high-pressure situations in baseball.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 02:03 AM
At least we're complaining about the wave and not about the numerous fights that would break out on half-price Mondays in years past.

soxlady8
07-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Awesome Title :)
I love love love Johnny !
Awesome that we took down King Felix.

I wish I could have watched the game but I have no cable still
due to the storm. Thank You Espn mobile for keeping me up to date-

Detroit lost , I think this whole division is going to be between us and the Twinkies.

Foulke You
07-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Just got home. Great game, great weather, great win. I love Danks, and I'm glad to see we made Felix work a little.

We won because I was sitting in my lucky section, which is where I sat for the Blackout Game. :)

I too was sitting in my "blackout game" section! I'm not a season ticket holder either. Too much positive mojo! :redneck

Anyway, it was a fun time at the ballpark tonight. Very quick and crisp ballgame. Good defense, good pitching, and timely hitting was nice to see. Despite the wave, it was an energetic and well behaved crowd (at least in my general area). There was even a Cubs fan crying for attention in a D-Lee jersey and Cub hat and people barely said a peep to him.

Oh, and I know some people hate him on this board but mercy has Mark Kotsay been snake bit lately or what? The guy has to be leading the AL in line drives right at people and guys making a spectacular play against him. It happened to him all road trip and he has carried the curse home with him. It's funny, Kotsay clobbered his pitch and Ichiro takes the HR away because the ball just died out a bit at the fence while Paulie's HR to LF looked like it was going to die out or go foul and it carried over. The Cell is like a box of chocolates when it comes to HRs sometimes.

TomBradley72
07-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Oh, and I know some people hate him on this board but mercy has Mark Kotsay been snake bit lately or what? The guy has to be leading the AL in line drives right at people and guys making a spectacular play against him. It happened to him all road trip and he has carried the curse home with him. It's funny, Kotsay clobbered his pitch and Ichiro takes the HR away because the ball just died out a bit at the fence while Paulie's HR to LF looked like it was going to die out or go foul and it carried over. The Cell is like a box of chocolates when it comes to HRs sometimes.

Kotsay's career BABiP (Batting Average, Ball in Play) is ~.295 (about the same in 2009), this year it's ~.225...the guy seems to be truly snake bit.

Pretty big f-bomb on screen last night after the line drive to 1st.

kufram
07-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Foulke You http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2569632#post2569632)

Kotsay's career BABiP (Batting Average, Ball in Play) is ~.295 (about the same in 2009), this year it's ~.225...the guy seems to be truly snake bit.

Pretty big f-bomb on screen last night after the line drive to 1st.

I was going to start a thread on this subject but knew I'd get ripped by Kotsay haters. I've been hearing from the commentators that Kotsay has been ripping the ball but right at people for awhile now. I wondered if people who get to see a lot of games (I don't) would agree. If that is the case it usually means the guy starts getting the breaks at some point and the hits come in bunches. What good timing it would be if that would happen soon.

hawkjt
07-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I was going to start a thread on this subject but knew I'd get ripped by Kotsay haters. I've been hearing from the commentators that Kotsay has been ripping the ball but right at people for awhile now. I wondered if people who get to see a lot of games (I don't) would agree. If that is the case it usually means the guy starts getting the breaks at some point and the hits come in bunches. What good timing it would be if that would happen soon.

Kotsay has hit into bad luck this year,based on all the stats. Will those line drives start to drop? Statistically, they should. He should revert to his career numbers at some point,unless he has lost it. Now, clearly he is still getting bat on ball,but I do think he has lost some power. He has hit more than a few warning track shots that I thought would get out. Last nite was an example. Wind must have killed that drive that Suzuki caught.

If the Sox stand pat, we have to pray his numbers come back to norm and he hits over .300 the rest of the way. Right now, our production out of the dh spot is pathetic.

doublem23
07-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Kotsay has hit into bad luck this year,based on all the stats. Will those line drives start to drop? Statistically, they should. He should revert to his career numbers at some point,unless he has lost it. Now, clearly he is still getting bat on ball,but I do think he has lost some power. He has hit more than a few warning track shots that I thought would get out. Last nite was an example. Wind must have killed that drive that Suzuki caught.

If the Sox stand pat, we have to pray his numbers come back to norm and he hits over .300 the rest of the way. Right now, our production out of the dh spot is pathetic.

Well, considering his LD% is basically the lowest its ever been in his career, I'd say no, he's probably not going to magically revert "to his career numbers."

Face it, he just sucks.

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Well, considering his LD% is basically the lowest its ever been in his career, I'd say no, he's probably not going to magically revert "to his career numbers."

Face it, he just sucks.

Like in Brian Anderson sucks?

kufram
07-27-2010, 09:23 AM

Face it, he just sucks.

I don't rely on magic. I think he may just have a streak in him and, from what I've heard, it wouldn't be undeserved. Of course, he may be replaced via trade and we get the production that way.... or not. Players revert to career numbers because of averages. Very few hit their average every day, they tend to go in troughs and peaks. I'd love it if Kotsay has a big peak right when we need it most like TCQ and TCM and Omar and the list goes on... have done.

Mendoza Line
07-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm really really curious to hear what was said to justify a 10-second long "bleep" after Ichiro robbed us of that HR. A swearing fit by the Hawk meister? :D:

soltrain21
07-27-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't rely on magic. I think he may just have a streak in him and, from what I've heard, it wouldn't be undeserved. Of course, he may be replaced via trade and we get the production that way.... or not. Players revert to career numbers because of averages. Very few hit their average every day, they tend to go in troughs and peaks. I'd love it if Kotsay has a big peak right when we need it most like TCQ and TCM and Omar and the list goes on... have done.

He isn't very good even at his very best.

Domeshot17
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Foulke You http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2569632#post2569632)

Last night he could have had 3 hits and a homer easily. However, on the road he hit a lot of "warning track fly balls". That isn't as much bad luck as just not being able to hit it the last 10 feet. But you know how Hawk is, every player who plays for the Sox who is either MVP, being screwed by the umps, or just having some bad luck.

Railsplitter
07-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Sat in section 113, front row. I saw some pretty good stuff I was close enough to see the double off the ump's leg that was stopped by one of Chicago's finest working as security (he should turn in his badge for that one:wink:)

From my vangtage point, Luis Aparicio's reitred number sign was directly in front of me, a fact I became of aware of when I saw Omar Visquel was batting and the "at bat" number on the left field scoreboardappeared to be directly above it.

Of course, no foul balls were hit in that direction until two outs in the ninth, at that one went way over my head!

kufram
07-27-2010, 10:35 AM
He isn't very good even at his very best.

Not asking for very good. Very timely will do nicely.

Coops4Aces
07-27-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm really really curious to hear what was said to justify a 10-second long "bleep" after Ichiro robbed us of that HR. A swearing fit by the Hawk meister? :D:
:scratch: I don't remember any bleep.

October26
07-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Great win for our Sox last night. You could really hear the energy and excitment at the ballpark last night. :D:

Sure was great to hear Happy Hawk doing the play by play instead of the Crabby Hawk that comes out when the Sox are losing.

I was thinking on the way in to work today that the Sox gotta keep winning. The Twins beat the Royals best pitcher, Greinke, last night. Sox gotta take care of business and win as many games as possible.

I love it when Hawk says: "Don't stop now, boys!"

Go Sox!

FielderJones
07-27-2010, 11:07 AM
I was going to start a thread on this subject but knew I'd get ripped by Kotsay haters.

You were right. They hit the thread early and often.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-27-2010, 11:20 AM

He said something along the lines of "You gotta be.....BLEEPING ME!" but those were the words he said. He was more amazed at the catch (as was I, the jump was timed perfectly).

doublem23
07-27-2010, 12:27 PM

BABIP doesn't tell the whole story. A low BABIP doesn't mean a guy is always unlucky, it could mean he's not hitting the ball as hard, so guys are able to make a play on it. Again, Kotsay's LD% for his career is around 22%, the lowest it has ever been for a season is 13%. He's sitting at 14% right now.

Sorry, Kotsay's not waiting to break out. He's just old and sucks.

doublem23
07-27-2010, 12:28 PM
You were right. They hit the thread early and often.

Yeah, what kind of ****ty fans aren't ecstatic over our DH who is slugging .351.

Domeshot17
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, what kind of ****ty fans aren't ecstatic over our DH who is slugging .351.

It is just bad luck dub. Kotsay could easily be slugging .360 but he has really hit some tough luck.

doublem23
07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
It is just bad luck dub. Kotsay could easily be slugging .360 but he has really hit some tough luck.

:rolling:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Was at the game in Section 154. Got there late though...traffic was terrible. I think we walked in the park in the middle of the 2nd.

I, too, shed a tear for humanity when the Wave made its rounds.

I totally lost the Konerko HR. I saw it fly, then at its apex, it just disappeared. Fans were standing, but not cheering, and it seemed like it stayed like that for about 8 seconds after the ball hit the apex. I was confused, but then the uproar of cheers made me feel better.

God, Ichiro's play was something else. I had to applaud that catch (after venting for about 10 seconds), and people looked at me like I was Benedict Arnold. I was like "What? I can't appreciate a great play when I see one?"

I had a good time, and let's keep this gravy train rolling!

FielderJones
07-27-2010, 01:59 PM

I just love the constant hate. It doesn't get old at all. Every day it's fresh, and give a new perspective on the team.

soltrain21
07-27-2010, 02:03 PM
I just love the constant hate. It doesn't get old at all. Every day it's fresh, and give a new perspective on the team.

The only thing that gets old is watching him groundout to second base.

doublem23
07-27-2010, 02:04 PM

I just love the denial. It is possible to think the Sox are an OK, but Mark Kotsay sucks. By any measurable test, statistic, eyes, etc. Kotsay blows, and he keeps getting trotted out there everyday. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Domeshot17
07-27-2010, 02:06 PM

Come on man, It is okay for the Sox to not be perfect. I mean, you really, truly believe this is a world championship calibur team built as is? With Peavy hurt, because we had a great stretch against a lot of bad teams with a couple good ones built in.

I gave Kotsay credit for his tough game last night, I said HE COULD HAVE HAD 3 HITS with a HOMER! Its the truth, and if he did, he would still be a miserable DH.

What is it, its okay to be mad at Bobby Jenks because he blows saves and costs us games. But is isn't okay to be pissed off that our DH and 6 hitter has given us NOTHING this season. He is the worst statistical DH in the league and the Sox have the worst DH production in the league. From a 100% purely offensive position, that is as bad as it gets.

I don't hate Mark Kotsay, I hate the joke of a way he is used. That also means when the peanut gallery decides his miserable season is all bad luck, I am going to have fun with it. Mark Kotsay is having a bad season because Mark Kotsay is old, at the end of his career, and isn't incredibly talented anymore. Not because Ichiro robbed a homer last night.

FielderJones
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I just love the denial. It is possible to think the Sox are an OK, but Mark Kotsay sucks. By any measurable test, statistic, eyes, etc. Kotsay blows, and he keeps getting trotted out there everyday. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Denial of what? I never said the guy's a stud, he's who the Sox have. My eyes tell me he's been hitting the ball hard recently and being unlucky to hit it right at someone.

Yeah, we know Kenny made a mistake, we get it. Kenny has acknowledged as such. Yet every time Kotsay fails we have to listen to the gleeful I told you sos from the haters. Doesn't get old at all.

soltrain21
07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Denial of what? I never said the guy's a stud, he's who the Sox have. My eyes tell me he's been hitting the ball hard recently and being unlucky to hit it right at someone.

Yeah, we know Kenny made a mistake, we get it. Kenny has acknowledged as such. Yet every time Kotsay fails we have to listen to the gleeful I told you sos from the haters. Doesn't get old at all.

Nobody is saying "I told you so." People are saying "****ing replace the guy already."

doublem23
07-27-2010, 02:12 PM

If you think any of us are "gleefully" celebrating Mark Kotsay's awful season, then you truly have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Nothing brings me more joy than watching our 6th and sometimes 5th hitter fail... :rolleyes:

soltrain21
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
If you think any of us are "gleefully" celebrating Mark Kotsay's awful season, then you truly have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

So, are you saying I should cancel the balloons I ordered? Damnit.

FielderJones
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Nobody is saying "I told you so." People are saying "****ing replace the guy already."

I don't think you have that long to wait. He's either going to be replaced by a trade or by Teahen. Viciedo might be a marginal improvement now, but that's not guaranteed.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 02:29 PM
We have the worst DH production in the league. This is not only the fault of the players playing DH, but also management for thinking this whole thing was a good idea.

The Sox would be better off with a better hitter than Kotsay/Jones/(maybe) Viciedo in the DH spot, regardless of whether they are currently 10 games over, 10 games under, or whatever.

We can't all just agree on this?

Bob Roarman
07-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh if they could only trade for Pods, he can be our DH.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh if they could only trade for Pods, he can be our DH.

This nostalgia is already being beaten to death in What's the Score?

Bob Roarman
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
That dude's crazy.

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2010, 02:43 PM
The only thing that gets old is watching him groundout to second base.

You can put it on the board.

Hitmen77
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
We have the worst DH production in the league. This is not only the fault of the players playing DH, but also management for thinking this whole thing was a good idea.

The Sox would be better off with a better hitter than Kotsay/Jones/(maybe) Viciedo in the DH spot, regardless of whether they are currently 10 games over, 10 games under, or whatever.

We can't all just agree on this?

Thank you. Pointing out how inadequate Kotsay is as our primary DH doesn't make one a "hater".

I don't think you have that long to wait. He's either going to be replaced by a trade or by Teahen. Viciedo might be a marginal improvement now, but that's not guaranteed.

This is what I expect to happen. I don't see us getting a big bat. So we'll get marginally better at DH by virtue of Teahen coming back. We'll see what Ozzie does with playing time between Kotsay and Teahen.
I'm not saying that Teahen is a great hitter, but this is what we'll have to make do with.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank you. Pointing out how inadequate Kotsay is as our primary DH doesn't make one a "hater".

Exactly. Of course, calling someone a "hater" is an easy way to avoid having to actually argue the underlying issues.

Labels and soundbites = modern American argument.

MisterB
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
We have the worst DH production in the league.

No, we don' (http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/split_stats_lg.cgi?full=1&params=defp%7Cas%20DH%7CAL%7C2010%7Cbat%7CAB%7C)t.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 04:10 PM
No, we don' (http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/split_stats_lg.cgi?full=1&params=defp%7Cas%20DH%7CAL%7C2010%7Cbat%7CAB%7C)t.

Well, how about that? Also, we lead the league by far in SBs by a DH. Ozzieball!

doublem23
07-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, how about that? Also, we lead the league by far in SBs by a DH. Ozzieball!

Makes you feel bad for Blue Jays, Angels, and Mariners fans, doesn't it?

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Sigh. It doesn't matter if Viciedo might only be a "marginal" improvement. When someone fails, you try all in-house options; Kotsay has failed and is failing. Get creative. Try something new.

kittle42
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Sigh. It doesn't matter if Viciedo might only be a "marginal" improvement. When someone fails, you try all in-house options; Kotsay has failed and is failing. Get creative. Try something new.

But, but, but...he has 173 hang wiffums!

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Twins are in the top half of the league in DH production by the way.

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Twins are in the top half of the league in DH production by the way.
Unpossible.

Edit: And I was extra tickled by Garza's no-hitter last night when I remembered how bad a trade that was for Minnesota.

Edit II: When the **** did Delmon Young turn into a poor man's Vlad Guerrero?

Hitmen77
07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
But, but, but...he has 173 hang wiffums!

Problem solved! They had a bat burning ceremony for Kotsay today to end his bad luck. :happyguy:

SOXSINCE'70
07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Nice reference to a 1964 song by Herman's Hermits.:D:

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Unpossible.

Edit: And I was extra tickled by Garza's no-hitter last night when I remembered how bad a trade that was for Minnesota.

Edit II: When the **** did Delmon Young turn into a poor man's Vlad Guerrero?

Delmon Young has been unreal this year. It is a contract year, but still.