PDA

View Full Version : This seven game stretch

Jjav829
06-24-2002, 05:08 PM
I think that if the Sox come off of this seven game stretch against the Twins/Cubs worse than 4-3, there needs to be a major shakeup. Whether it be firing Nardi, Jerry, or benching a big name who is struggling, something must be done to wake this team up. Who agrees?

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I think that if the Sox come off of this seven game stretch against the Twins/Cubs worse than 4-3, there needs to be a major shakeup. Whether it be firing Nardi, Jerry, or benching a big name who is struggling, something must be done to wake this team up. Who agrees?

It won't make much of a difference, but yeah I agree. Nothing's going to happen anyway, so this poll is pointless.

KempersRS
06-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

It won't make much of a difference, but yeah I agree. Nothing's going to happen anyway, so this poll is pointless.

Dead on.

hold2dibber
06-24-2002, 06:00 PM
I voted "no" only because I think a little bigger sample size is appropriate. I said before they left for Philly that the next 19 games were critical. We're 2-4 after the first 6 of those. If the team goes 8-5 to end up 10-9 during those 19 games, particularly if 3 or 4 of those wins are against the Twins, I say keep on keeping on. If (as I fear and suspect will happen) they continue playing like crap over that span, my patience will be at an end.

Of course, even if they go 13-0, I'd still fire Nardi and do everything in my power to hire Joe Kerrigan, but the odds of that happening are about as good as Royce Clayton winning the Triple Crown or Jerry Manuel going with the same line-up two days in a row.