PDA

View Full Version : *Official* well at least we are returning home 7/25 game thread

tony1972
07-25-2010, 06:58 PM
At least this road trip is over and we are still in first place...

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I was thinking we'd win 6 games on this road trip, not lose 6 games...yikes.

october23sp
07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Pathetic last 2 games. Pick it up.

hi im skot
07-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Lousy roadtrip.

Take care of business at home this week or we've got some problems.

kittle42
5-2 or 6-1 in the next 7 against these clowns would be nice.

WhiteSox1989
Eh.

Glad they'll be back home.

whitesox4eva
07-25-2010, 07:01 PM
We hit a mediocre team when they were hot as hell, not awesome results. Oh well we are going home where the long ball reins again so hopefully we will show the M's and A's how we play OUR baseball. :D:

tony1972
07-25-2010, 07:02 PM
I was thinking we'd win 6 games on this road trip, not lose 6 games...yikes.

We should have won 6......but I wont mention the one reason why we didn't....(I think everyone knows who I am a talking about....oh well..he did pitch good today in the 8th)....

WhiteSox5187
07-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Hudson has to learn how to throw strikes in a hurry.

The most disappointing part of this road trip is Bobby's two blown saves. Whole different trip then.

SBSoxFan
07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I only saw the highlights from when Hudson was pitching, but it looked like Hudson had Crisp struck out. Disappointing to see him give up 4 runs after two outs, but if Oakland hit a ball hard off him, it wasn't shown in the highlights.

Hitmen77
07-25-2010, 07:07 PM

The most disappointing part of this road trip is Bobby's two blown saves. Whole different trip then.

Absolutely. We'd be coming home 6-4 from a very successful road trip and we would be leading the Twins by 4 games. Instead, the Twins have cut their deficit from 4.5 games to 1 in the last 9 games.

....and we don't have a 2nd round of interleague games to bail us out if we let the Twins (or Tigers) pass us by.

tony1972
07-25-2010, 07:08 PM

But he was pitcher of the month in June..!!! so he can be bad now for the rest of the season (once you win an honor like that...no one can question or criticize you EVER AGAIN)...

hi im skot
07-25-2010, 07:09 PM
But he was pitcher of the month in June..!!! so he can be bad now for the rest of the season (once you win an honor like that...no one can question or criticize you EVER AGAIN)...

What is the point of posts like this? Seriously?

Where did anyone say anything remotely similar to this?

kittle42
07-25-2010, 07:12 PM

Hyperbole = weak argument.

SOXSINCE'70
07-25-2010, 07:13 PM
In times like these, I remember a quote from an old "Batman" episode.
The Riddler has just been captured by Batman (again). Just before the police lead him to the paddy wagon,
he turns to Batman and says "You may have won the battle, but the war isn't over yet."
My point: Oakland won the battle.This time. Next weekend,it's the Sox turn to respond.
Let's hope the rematch with the A's goes better next weekend.

hi im skot
07-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Hyperbole = weak argument.

Yep.

PalehosePlanet
07-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I only saw the highlights from when Hudson was pitching, but it looked like Hudson had Crisp struck out. Disappointing to see him give up 4 runs after two outs, but if Oakland hit a ball hard off him, it wasn't shown in the highlights.

No they didn't hit anything hard that inning. In fact Gordon should have had the 2-out 0-2 chopper that gave the A's their first two runs. He got there in plenty of time but didn't get the glove down.

Also, The A's are good at taking pitches and making a pitcher work. Hudson didn't pitch as badly as his line would suggest. I'd like to see Hudson throw more sliders as well; seems like he threw only 4 or 5 all day.

BigKlu59
07-25-2010, 07:21 PM
:D: Oakland's always been house o' horrors West... Just couldn't finish a couple of games off and go 6-4. Time enough left in the season to make some adjustments.. We all wanted to be in the pennant race in our sick little minds back when they were floundering...Voila...Here it is Hoseheads.. Would you prefer jumping off of buildings right now as they are doing on the North Side of town suckered into another hopeless Summer Of Sadness?...

Go Sox... Time to run off another 10 straight on the South Side and knock the cream filling out of the Twinkies..

BigKlu59

Slappy
07-25-2010, 07:22 PM
:tiphat:

johnny bench
07-25-2010, 07:25 PM
There were a lot of White Sox fans at the game today. And i got a foul ball too. Would rather that they had won though.

hawkjt
07-25-2010, 07:31 PM
If the Sox pay them back this week by winning 5 or 6 of 7, then we will be fine. Not much to love today,tho.

BringHomeDaBacon
07-25-2010, 07:32 PM
@ Oakland are always the least entertaining games of the year.

Slappy
07-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Did anyone just see that on the post-game show? Some A's fan got a Braden Perfect game ticket stub tattoo, complete with an outline of Braden doing the fist pump in the air and his signature.

WhiteSox5187
07-25-2010, 07:43 PM
No they didn't hit anything hard that inning. In fact Gordon should have had the 2-out 0-2 chopper that gave the A's their first two runs. He got there in plenty of time but didn't get the glove down.

Also, The A's are good at taking pitches and making a pitcher work. Hudson didn't pitch as badly as his line would suggest. I'd like to see Hudson throw more sliders as well; seems like he threw only 4 or 5 all day.

Yes he did. The only pitch he could get over with some degree of consistency was his fastball.

Nelfox02
07-25-2010, 07:45 PM
sucks

very dissapointing. overall not good baseball on this trip.....blown saves, errors, lack of timly hitting`

Basically seeing that Dan Hudson is noting real special either

limping back home, nursing a 1 game lead.....Twinkies took care of busines and took 3 of 4 vs an inferior team, we need to do the same with Seattle over the next 4....and then get some payback and take the Oak series this coming weekend

5-2 homestand required now......4-3 I would find pretty dissapointing given who we are playing.....3 wins or less? well, then we very well could have some issues

chisox12
07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Disappointing last 2 games to what turned out to be a disappointing road trip.

Can anyone explain why the **** Andruw Jones is still on this roster? It kills me every time I see that .205 batting average in the starting lineup.

Brian26
07-25-2010, 07:47 PM

I think Jenks said it. Maybe that's what he was alluding to. Perhaps I'm giving Tony too much credit, though.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100723&content_id=12549602&notebook_id=12554148&vkey=notebook_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

shingo10
07-25-2010, 07:55 PM
If Hudson can't throw strikes who is next in line? Carlos Torres?

Things could get scary if the back end of the rotation goes south on us. (Although I don't think this will be the case. Freddy was due to get pounded. And Oakland is always a team that gives us fits.) But still. Not a lot of pitching depth from AAA.

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Did anyone just see that on the post-game show? Some A's fan got a Braden Perfect game ticket stub tattoo, complete with an outline of Braden doing the fist pump in the air and his signature.

Yea, they showed it during the actual game broadcast. I thought that was a little over the top.

thomas35forever
07-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Bleah. Get 'em tomorrow when I'm at the game.

Gavin
07-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah, the Sox are going to suck when their 4 pitcher is one season away from retirement and their 5 is AAA pitcher. Forget a left-handed bat, get us a guy who can at least be a #3.

Does anyone remember 2004 when there were 4 starting pitchers and one of them was Scott Schoenweiss?

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, the Sox are going to suck when their 4 pitcher is one season away from retirement and their 5 is AAA pitcher. Forget a left-handed bat, get us a guy who can at least be a #3.

Does anyone remember 2004 when there were 4 starting pitchers and one of them was Scott Schoenweiss?
Freddy's sure not acted like someone close to retirement. He's given us some high quality games.

Gavin
07-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Freddy's sure not acted like someone close to retirement. He's given us some high quality games.

He has an ERA that is a wink shy of 5.00 and has a 9-4 record. If you buy into W-L as validating a pitcher, that's your prerogative. He's been a junkball pitcher for the last five years... and he's our #4. We got problems.

Rdy2PlayBall
07-25-2010, 08:58 PM
He has an ERA that is a wink shy of 5.00 and has a 9-4 record. If you buy into W-L as validating a pitcher, that's your prerogative. He's been a junkball pitcher for the last five years... and he's our #4. We got problems.:scratch:
His ERA is close 5.00 because of some bad starts. He's pitched at least 10 games worth a W, which is all you can ask for in a number 5.
He's only our number "4" because Peavy is hurt. I think were fine with Freddy being our number 4 for half a season. He has been GREAT all season, who cares about ERA when everyday, the guy is giving the team a chance to win, and is usually going 6 or 7 innings.

We can make the playoffs with this pitching staff. You don't need to use your number 5, and Freddy is as big a game a pitcher as anyone. I'd be perfectly fine seeing him make a start against the Yankees in the first round. Buehrle, Danks, and Floyd is a great 1-2-3 punch to start the playoffs (in any order). It sucks not having Peavy, but Freddy shouldn't be the reason anyone is worried about this season. He has done more than we could have asked for.

TheOldRoman
07-25-2010, 09:00 PM
He has an ERA that is a wink shy of 5.00 and has a 9-4 record. If you buy into W-L as validating a pitcher, that's your prerogative. He's been a junkball pitcher for the last five years... and he's our #4. We got problems.Freddy has been outstanding for a 4/5. His ERA is as high as it is because, like any back of the rotation pitcher, he has nights where he gets absolutely rocked. However, they have been few and far in between this year. Aside from those games he has been great. That is why I can't get upset when he has a performance like he did yesterday.

We should have won 6......but I wont mention the one reason why we didn't....(I think everyone knows who I am a talking about....oh well..he did pitch good today in the 8th)....One reason? There are several reasons we lost 6 games.
Loss 1: Horrible defense
Loss 2: Horrible hitting
Loss 3: Blown save
Loss 4: Nonexistent offense, blown save
Loss 5: Garcia was awful, Pena was awful, offense was awful
Loss 6: One bad inning for Hudson and offense which didn't show up until the 7th

Rdy2PlayBall
07-25-2010, 09:03 PM
ummm... nvm

Gavin
07-25-2010, 09:03 PM
:scratch:
His ERA is close 5.00 because of some bad starts. He's pitched at least 10 games worth a W, which is all you can ask for in a number 5.
He's only our number "4" because Peavy is hurt. I think were fine with Freddy being our number 4 for half a season. He has been GREAT all season, who cares about ERA when everyday, the guy is giving the team a chance to win, and is usually going 6 or 7 innings.

We can make the playoffs with this pitching staff. You don't need to use your number 5, and Freddy is as big a game a pitcher as anyone. I'd be perfectly fine seeing him make a start against the Yankees in the first round.

I don't discredit his work as a #5. In fact, he's been awesome as a #5--he's better than we could ever ask. But he is our #4,and Dan Hudson as our #5 is reminding me a lot like Danny Wright. I'm just saying we need another arm. Our offense is doing alright.

Rdy2PlayBall
07-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't discredit his work as a #5. In fact, he's been awesome as a #5--he's better than we could ever ask. But he is our #4,and Dan Hudson as our #5 is reminding me a lot like Danny Wright. I'm just saying we need another arm. Our offense is doing alright.He's done well for a #4 also... He's put up the numbers to have done well enough as a #3. I'm not worried about Freddy AT ALL. I'm worried about Hudson... but hes just a #5. You can't always have a perfect staff, and I think everyone was spoiled in the 1st half after seeing that run the Sox made.

Gavin
07-25-2010, 09:12 PM
He's done well for a #4 also... He's put up the numbers to have done well enough as a #3. I'm not worried about Freddy AT ALL. I'm worried about Hudson... but hes just a #5. You can't always have a perfect staff, and I think everyone was spoiled in the 1st half after seeing that run the Sox made.

Freddy Garcia is close to being one of the best #5 pitchers ever. He knows how to deal, and shows up and puts in a solid amount of work. However, the most realistic thing for Kenny to do would be to recognize the middling back end of the rotation and upgrade it. This team was supposed to be BUILT around pitching. No one expected perfection, but it's not crazy to think that the 4-5 is a little bit shaky.

kittle42
07-25-2010, 09:44 PM
The issue is not number this and number that as far as starters - it's knowing what you're going to get. The reason we could be happy with Garcia as our worst starter is because you pretty much know you can get 6 innings, 3 runs out of him a lot of the time. His numbers overall are mediocre for a starting pitcher, but fine if he is your worst starter. The problem is that now, he isn't our worst starter - Hudson *probably* is - and the scarier part is that he's an unknown commodity. We might see a lot more of what we saw today that what we saw his last start.

That all being said, a hitter is the more pressing need.

TDog
07-25-2010, 10:33 PM
He has an ERA that is a wink shy of 5.00 and has a 9-4 record. If you buy into W-L as validating a pitcher, that's your prerogative. He's been a junkball pitcher for the last five years... and he's our #4. We got problems.

In Garcia's case, his winning percentage is a better gauge on how well he has pitched, considering that a couple of bad outings have skewed his ERA. He has been more reliable than Dallas Braden has for the A's this year, and Braden had an ERA about a run lower than Garcia coming into this weekend.

If you pick up a lot of wins as a starter, it means you are pitching deep enough into games to get credit for a win. Garcia's very good outings have outnumbered his bad outings by about 3-to-1.

As for Hudson's game today, I believe it would be simplistic to say his problem is that he isn't throwing strikes. The first five hits he game up came with two strikes on the hitter. The first two of the three hits he gave up in the three-run inning came with 0-2 counts. He is pitching like a minor league pitcher, something he wasn't doing against the Mariners. Part of it may have been that the A's are a much better hitting team than the Mariners. But Watson wouldn't be able to crack the Mariners lineup, and he lined a single off of Hudson on an 0-2 pitch to start the four-run rally. I think that was his second hit of the season.

Hudson pitched like pitchers I've seen in the minors who have great stuff, but can't consistently finish off hitters. He struck out four, but I think the A's hit .500 off of him with two-strike counts. And at least one walk came with a 3-2 count. (I'm going from memory after just getting back from the game, a bit sunburned.) It is as if hitters know what his out-pitch is and they're looking for it.

It is reactionary to look at the last two games of this roadtrip as a harbinger of a frustrating last two months of the season. Garcia had his worst outing of the season, but there is no reason to believe he's done. He has pitched much better against the Twins this year. I hope Hudson is learning to be a better pitcher. Today was his third start, and the White Sox won the previous two.

Of course, if Saturday's game was disappointing, today's game was frustrating. The second inning shouldn't have gotten away from Hudson, who had the advantage on so many of the hitters. The last two A's runs both came with two outs. What really hurt was the Crisp single that he turned into a run by breaking for second when Threets threw the ball past Konerko. Only in Oakland does that score a run.

I knew the Sox were going to get to Braden, even though they let him settle in with a lead. Braden hasn't been going deep enough into his games since his perfect game, and this was his first start after coming off the disabled list with an injured elbow. The three two-out singles plating three runs got the Sox back in the ballgame, and I had hoped Konerko would get to Breslow.

I've been going to see the Sox play in Oakland since 2007, and this was the first time I've ever heard so many Sox fans. You always see them. But when Konerko came up to hit, there was a spontaneous chant across the stadium of "let's go Paulie" that A's fans tried to shout down. I was sitting between first and the Sox bullpen, and as the Sox were rallying, Putz replaced Linebrink warming up to take Threets' place.

Unfortunately, that was as good as it got. It may be interesting to note, though, that Santos was warming up to come in if the Sox tied the game. Maybe Thornton would have gone to warm up if they put a couple of runners on, but he didn't warm up at all Sunday. (Both Thornton and Putz loosened up late in Saturday's game, but were not warming to come into the game.) Obviously, Thornton was designated as the closer Sunday and he wasn't overworked so he will be available Monday.

WhiteSox5187
07-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Disappointing last 2 games to what turned out to be a disappointing road trip.

Can anyone explain why the **** Andruw Jones is still on this roster? It kills me every time I see that .205 batting average in the starting lineup.

Because he is our second best outfielder behind Rios and is a million times better than Quentin (watching him in RF is hysterical) defensively. There is another side of the game that offense, hard as that is to believe.

StillMissOzzie
07-26-2010, 12:02 AM
:scratch:

We can make the playoffs with this pitching staff. You don't need to use your number 5, and Freddy is as big a game a pitcher as anyone. I'd be perfectly fine seeing him make a start against the Yankees in the first round. Buehrle, Danks, and Floyd is a great 1-2-3 punch to start the playoffs (in any order). It sucks not having Peavy, but Freddy shouldn't be the reason anyone is worried about this season. He has done more than we could have asked for.
I'm with you on this. Freddy has done everything asked of and expected of him as a #5 starter. Hudson's replacement of Peavy as the new #5 isn't going to make Freddy any better as the new #4.

However, I don't share all the accolades that Hawk & Stone have been raining on Freddy. As for the 9-4 record, I feel that Freddy has been the beneficiary of more run support than the rest of the staff (in contrast to Danks, whom I feel has received way less run support AND some piss-poor defense), but he has certainly pitched well enough to be an over - .500 pitcher, and that's all you can ask from your #5

SMO
:gulp:

FielderJones
07-26-2010, 12:16 AM
As for Hudson's game today, I believe it would be simplistic to say his problem is that he isn't throwing strikes.

When it takes 25 pitches to get out of a scoreless first inning, a big part of that is not throwing strikes. That eventually catches up, to the point where an 0-2 pitch isn't thrown properly and ends up high in the strike zone. Those 0-2 pitches that were hit were somewhere around pitch 50 of the game. In the second inning.

Which then brings this question: why is a guy who had a K/BB ratio of 108/31 (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=hudson002dan) in AAA this year unable to find the plate? The distance from the rubber is the same. The plate is the same width. Is Hudson pitching with fear because the hitters are better?

Domeshot17
07-26-2010, 12:45 AM
The entire feel of this game changes of Beckham knocks down the grounder and only 1 run scores. He should know how it works.

This is the problem of having a team that is hovering around slightly above average. There wasn't a guy on this road trip who stepped up and got a few clutch hits to win games like tonight. We had plenty of chances to win this game, we didn't get it at all. Quentin, Konerko, Rios Alexei, someone has to step up!

This team is starting to have the feel of the 2008 White Sox, maybe winning the division is this teams world series. The rotation is just undermanned and will struggle to compete with the Yanks-Rays-Red Sox-Angels if they go in healthy. The offense is probably behind all of them sans maybe the Angels. The only hope is you can turn every game into a bullpen game.

I would focus on adding either a cheap rental (Laroche) or a really good bat who is here next year when we get Peavy back. I am fine treading water and being a first round exit this year if it means we go all out for it in 2011. That said it has to be all out, no more of this maybe Kotsay can be a DH, maybe Andruw Jones can be useful, maybe Omar or Teahen is a good enough offensive 3b. This team was built in the winter to be what it is.

WhiteSox5187
07-26-2010, 12:55 AM
When it takes 25 pitches to get out of a scoreless first inning, a big part of that is not throwing strikes. That eventually catches up, to the point where an 0-2 pitch isn't thrown properly and ends up high in the strike zone. Those 0-2 pitches that were hit were somewhere around pitch 50 of the game. In the second inning.

Which then brings this question: why is a guy who had a K/BB ratio of 108/31 (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=hudson002dan) in AAA this year unable to find the plate? The distance from the rubber is the same. The plate is the same width. Is Hudson pitching with fear because the hitters are better?

I think there is an awful lot going on between his ears right now. I think some of it probably is jitters (if not fear). Hawk mentioned that he just seemed scared to give up a hit on an 0-2 count so he nibbles and quickly it gets to 3-2. I think that that could be a partial explanation, another could be you can make more mistakes in AAA than you can in the MLB.

There was one other thing I noticed (and it's a small point) there were a couple calls that I thought Branden was getting that Hudson was not and that is simply a side effect of being a rookie pitcher. He has to earn his strike calls a lot more than a guy like Buerhle or Freddy or even Danks.

TDog
07-26-2010, 04:44 AM

The pitch count reflects Hudson not being able to put hitters away. You see this with minor league pitchers a lot, and you see it with pitchers adjusting to a higher level of talent. It isn't that he isn't throwing strikes and it isn't as simple as getting him to throw strikes. Hudson has found a level where he needs more than one pitch with which he can retire
hitters. Sunday, it looked like hitters had a good idea what they were going to get from him with two strikes.

The reason Hudson had such a solid strikeout-to-walk ratio in AAA compared with a poor ratio so far in the majors isn't that he can't throw strikes anymore. It is that the hitters he is facing now are better and he can't (or doesn't believe he can) successfully throw the same pitches by hitters or can't successfully pitch to contact by throwing the strikes he threw in AAA.

It may be that he is afraid to throw strikes in the majors. It may be that hitters routinely take the pitches out of the strike zone that hitters in AAA routinely swung at. There are, of course, some hitters who strike out without ever seeing a pitch in the strike zone.

The problem may be mental. It's also possible he doesn't yet have the stuff to pitch in the majors, but I think it's more likely it's mental, that he has the talent, but he needs to learn to pitch.

Even with Hudson in the rotation, the Sox have better starting pitching than either the Twins or the Tigers.

hawkjt
07-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Freddy has started 18 games with 13 quality starts.
Freddy has had 3 bad starts.
Take away those 3 bad starts and he has given up 36 earned runs in 99 innings...a 3.20 ERA.
Now, Freddy will struggle when a Laz Diaz does not give him the corners..pure and simple.
I trust Freddy down the stretch...as a #4.

Hudson seems wild in the strike zone. He gets to 0-2,then throws his straight fastball right down the middle. He just seems to throw a lot of pitches that are right over the middle of the plate..and waist high.
He needs to get sharper,and he is passable as a #5.

Losing Jake was bound to hurt us over the long run. Find a way to overcome it. The bats were quiet this week. Carlos got hit by the twins,sat for seattle and was cooled off this weekend.

One reason that Freddy gets more run support is that Ramon Castro always catches him..and Ramon hits more than AJ..much more. I am stunned to say that because my son and I always kidded that Ramon has the ''slowest bat in the world'' last year, but he has made me eat a little crow...slow bat or not,Ramon squares it up way more than AJ.

Now, all that said, a little home cooking will help out the sox,I think. This was kind of a road trip from hell...12 days on the road, up to minny,out to the coast,then another flight down to oakland and now home..lot of travel,lot of time on the road. The weather is going to be hot this week, the ball will be flying out of Soxpark. I never got the feel that the Sox felt comfortable in any of the three parks on the road...all roomy,big places that the ball does not carry well in....outside of maybe Detroit,those are the hardest homer parks in the league. Back in the home evirons of Soxpark,I think they can out-mash Seattle and Oakland(altho Oakland does seem to play well in Chicago,and are scoring runs in bunches in this 8 of 10 hottest streak of the year for them).

Time for the Sox offense to step up this week and bail out the pitchers..

Hitmen77
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
5-2 or 6-1 in the next 7 against these clowns would be nice.

We face Felix Hernandez again tonight. So, right of the bat we have a tough game to win (considering the way Felix has been pitching his last 7 or so starts). The Twins in the mean time get to host a now-scuffling Royals. KC was sort of on a roll when we faced them a few weeks back but they have since cooled down. So look for the Twins to continue to take advantage of the soft part of their schedule this week.

Freddy has been outstanding for a 4/5. His ERA is as high as it is because, like any back of the rotation pitcher, he has nights where he gets absolutely rocked. However, they have been few and far in between this year. Aside from those games he has been great. That is why I can't get upset when he has a performance like he did yesterday.

One reason? There are several reasons we lost 6 games.
Loss 1: Horrible defense
Loss 2: Horrible hitting
Loss 3: Blown save
Loss 4: Nonexistent offense, blown save
Loss 5: Garcia was awful, Pena was awful, offense was awful
Loss 6: One bad inning for Hudson and offense which didn't show up until the 7th

This is it right there. Very preventable.

With our offense, yes they let us down in some situations, but at least that's on par with the inconsistent offense that we have. And even a good offense isn't always going to come through with the big hits. But the 4 errors/5 unearned runs in the 1st loss is not something championships are made of. That loss is totally preventable.

The blown saves were also games the Sox just gave away. The rest of our pitching had the opponents' offense pretty much shut down and then Bobby comes in and everyone is suddenly getting hits. Something was wrong there. Blown saves happen, but that 1st one was especially painful as we blew a 3 run lead to a division rival and that resulted in a 2 game swing in the standings. If we had come home from a long road trip 5-5 with a 3 game lead, it wouldn't be such a bad road trip at all. That's the difference that Jenks's 4 run meltdown alone made.

hawkjt
07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Tonite is a big game with King Felix on the mound. If we could win tonite, I see a good homestand of 5-2 or better. Gonna be a hot week at the ballpark, Sox power must come to play.

The Immigrant
07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
We face Felix Hernandez again tonight. So, right of the bat we have a tough game to win (considering the way Felix has been pitching his last 7 or so starts). The Twins in the mean time get to host a now-scuffling Royals.

The Twins are on the road against the Royals and get to face Greinke tonight.

BoysMom3
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I always fall asleep before the game is over when they play on the west coast, so I'm actually just looking forward to watching a complete game.

Hearing that horn thing in the background - whatever that thing is that they have at the World Cup - that was driving me crazy. I hope that doesn't become a regular thing at baseball games.

The way the Twins have gotten so close to us is making me nervous, but I remain optimistic and am ready for a ton of wins at home!!