PDA

View Full Version : A loony idea

Dadawg_77
06-24-2002, 12:32 PM
just becuase I don't think the Expos would do it. But in order to shake things up and provide a spark in our lineup, would you trade Malone, Borchard, and Lee for Vlad (assuming JR will sign Vlad past 2003)? I as much as I like the upside of LTP and Malone, I'll do it in a minute. My friend, fellow Sox fan disagrees. So wondering what you guys think.

Daver
06-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
just becuase I don't think the Expos would do it. But in order to shake things up and provide a spark in our lineup, would you trade Malone, Borchard, and Lee for Vlad (assuming JR will sign Vlad past 2003)? I as much as I like the upside of LTP and Malone, I'll do it in a minute. My friend, fellow Sox fan disagrees. So wondering what you guys think.

No Way.

Dadawg_77
06-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by daver

No Way.

as in you wouldn't do it, or it will never happen? I am not holding out hope that it would happen, but if I was KW, I would make the deal.

Daver
06-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

as in you wouldn't do it, or it will never happen? I am not holding out hope that it would happen, but if I was KW, I would make the deal.

No way would I want that trade made.

Iwritecode
06-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by daver
No way would I want that trade made.

It would really have to be a once-in-a-lifetime, knock-your-socks-off deal to give up Malone and LTP in the same deal.

Dadawg_77
06-24-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

It would really have to be a once-in-a-lifetime, knock-your-socks-off deal to give up Malone and LTP in the same deal.

I think Vlad at 26 is that deal. IMHOP he is the best OF in the game.

dougs78
06-24-2002, 02:43 PM
I'd do it on the merits of the players alone. In that respect its a no-brainer. Vlad is my favorite player in MLB, (well besides PK) and hes an absolute monster. However, when you take into consideration what Vlad will be getting paid after next season thats tough. Also, If we were going to swing a huge deal like that, it probably should be for a stud pitcher/catcher/ss who we actually very badly need.

RKMeibalane
06-24-2002, 06:11 PM
I don't like the idea of giving up Borchard. Guerrero is a tremendously talented player, but I don't think I would make this trade.

hold2dibber
06-24-2002, 06:24 PM
I think I'd do this deal. Sox fans currently hope that Borchard turns out to be the high OBP, lots of power guy he seems like me might be. We all hope that one day he is as good as, say, Vlad Guerrero. That's about the most we can hope for, isn't it? So I don't think I'd have a problem dealing Borchard for Guerrero since Guerrero is an accomplished superstar already and we only hope Borchard will be one. The question is whether you'd want to "pay" for the sure thing by giving up the potential that Malone and Lee represent. I think my answer is "yes," but it is a very tough call.

Of course, it'll never happen -- the Expos are still in the hunt and may not even exist after this year (although that seems less and less likely) so they have little reason to trade for the future. Their future is now.