PDA

View Full Version : If you've been missing Rob Mackowiak

southside rocks
07-24-2010, 07:06 PM
you can now catch him with the Windy City Thunderbolts, the Frontier League team that plays in Crestwood: he's their new hitting coach. :o:

http://www.wcthunderbolts.com/pressbox/press/index.html?article_id=669

FielderJones
07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I've always felt bad for the guy, because he was put into a no-win situation. He was not a center fielder, and was asked to fill the spot of a fan favorite.

Taliesinrk
07-28-2010, 12:15 PM
I've always felt bad for the guy, because he was put into a no-win situation. He was not a center fielder, and was asked to fill the spot of a fan favorite.

Brian Anderson?

BadBobbyJenks
07-28-2010, 02:28 PM
I haven't been.

oeo
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM
People always seem to act like he was one of the worst Sox players ever, when in fact he actually put up pretty good offensive numbers for us. Was one of the few guys who actually contributed on that 2007 team.

I still wonder what happened to him. He went straight down the crapper once the Sox traded him to San Diego. It was like he completely lost interest once his hometown team shipped him away.

DrCrawdad
07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
you can now catch him with the Windy City Thunderbolts, the Frontier League team that plays in Crestwood: he's their new hitting coach. :o:

http://www.wcthunderbolts.com/pressbox/press/index.html?article_id=669

Good for Rob Mackowiak. Damaso Marte for Rob Mackowiak was not a great deal for the Sox. Playing Rob Mackowiak repeatedly in CF was really stupid on the part of the Sox.

eriqjaffe
07-30-2010, 09:21 AM
People always seem to act like he was one of the worst Sox players ever, when in fact he actually put up pretty good offensive numbers for us. Was one of the few guys who actually contributed on that 2007 team.He had the highest batting average on the team when he was traded, in fact.

I still wonder what happened to him. He went straight down the crapper once the Sox traded him to San Diego. It was like he completely lost interest once his hometown team shipped him away.He got hurt. Had surgery for a double sports hernia after the '07 season and just wasn't the same afterwards.