PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7/24 Just one of those games Thread

BleacherBandit
07-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Really? Like fifteen minutes after the game ends I have to start this? I never get a chance to start postgame threads!

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Mailed it in after the 3rd, what else is there to say?

DirtySox
07-24-2010, 07:29 PM
They were due for one of these. Win the series tomorrow.

JB98
07-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Giving up three in the bottom of the second took the wind out of the sails. The bottom of the first was brutal, but only two runs scored. Then Castro ties it with the home run. You think the Sox are back in it, only to see Oakland answer right back with three more runs.

Sox were never in it after that.

cub killer
07-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Really? Like fifteen minutes after the game ends I have to start this? I never get a chance to start postgame threads!
How does one get appointed as a postgame thread starter?

Rdy2PlayBall
07-24-2010, 07:36 PM
How does one get appointed as a postgame thread starter?I thinks it's whoever wants to do it.

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM

I am the official post game screener.

Send me your creative ideas for 3 games a week for two weeks and if I approve, I will recommend you to management.

Pablo_Honey
07-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, that was ugly. Meh, you win some and you lose some. Can't do much when the first two pitchers give up 9 ERs total. Is the sky falling yet?

LoveYourSuit
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I prefer to lose games like this than the two Eggs Bobby laid this past week.

kittle42
07-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Yup. Easier to take when you weren't in it for almost the whole game.

Nelfox02
07-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Bummer----but agree with earlier post, once Garcia showed he was not getting out of the 2nd, knew this one was pretty much a lost cause. Would have been nice to secure the series and a 5-5 trip today tho.

hopefully Baltimore and Toronto can find a way to help us out tonight.

Grab a W tomorrow, go .500 on a ten game road trip, and come home 2-3 games up? that works for me

tebman
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
What a drag.

Here's your sleepy Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4007) if you want to go through this again.

:waiting:

Rdy2PlayBall
07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Come on guys, don't let this get to two pages....
Much less frustrating than blowing the game in the bottom half of the last inning.

GoGoCrede
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Just got home from seeing Inception, so I missed the whole thing. Meh. From the sounds of it, I was probably better off staring at static than this game.

Get 'em next time.

Zakath
07-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Yup. Easier to take when you weren't in it for almost the whole game.

Saves a lot of time. Don't have to worry about your heart getting ripped out of your chest in a game like this.

Just one of those 60. Win the series tomorrow and split the road trip, and then come home and pound the crap out of Seattle and Oakland, where the temperature will actually be above 70.

cub killer
07-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I thinks it's whoever wants to do it.
Ah, ok. There are so many rules in this forum that I figured there was probably some formal protocol for designating postgame thread starters.

doublem23
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Agreed, as long as you limit these kinds of performances.

Freddy was bound to have a stinker. Win the series tomorrow, go home, and let's start piling up the wins again.

doublem23
07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Ah, ok. There are so many rules in this forum that I figured there was probably some formal protocol for designating postgame thread starters.

Nope, it's just whoever gets around to doing it first.

The only forum poster aren't allowed to start a new thread in is the PTC/Gameday thread. Only Mod staff can.

soxfan1965
07-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Exactly, no doubt about it - these two are still very hard to forget. Better he just keep quiet, collect his closer's salary, and learn how to get better, maybe get in better shape. Starting with mop-up duties.

guillensdisciple
07-24-2010, 10:35 PM
I love it when the loss gamethreads are short. That means not that many people are pissed and are happy with their lives.

lets take the series tomorrow :)

Still 2 up in the division.

Noneck
07-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Win tomorrow and its a .500 road trip. I would be pleased with .500 road trips from here on out.

TDog
07-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I was sitting behind first base and wasn't in a position to judge balls or strikes, but the pitchers seemed upset that with a tiny strike zone in the first two innings. Mazarro wasn't getting his curveball called for strikes and threw 30 pitches in the first inning. Garcia seemed much more upset and threw more than 40.

Garcia should have been out of the first giving up just one, but Vizquel lost a pop foul and then couldn't field a slow roller in what would have been a great play but for Vizquel could be considered routine. But Garcia had nothing in the second. Pena didn't have more than two innings today.

Still, I thought the Sox were going to get to Mazarro. In the second, the Sox were ripping his fast ball. Ramirez's line out was probably the hardest ball the Sox hit all day, but it came between a line-drive hit by Kotsay and a home run by Castro to tie the score. It looked like Mazarro didn't have enough confidence in his curve after he couldn't get it called for strikes in the first. But in the third, he was getting his curve called for strikes more frequently. He walked a couple more hitters, but with a big lead, he didn't come in with his fastball.

At first I thought it was a game where nothing went right for the White Sox. But then saw what happened to the Tigers in their loss tonight, and I don't feel so bad.

But really, there was what looked to be a doubleplay ball to Ramirez where he threw to third to get the lead runner. I'm not sure if there was a reason he didn't go to second, perhaps Beckham was late getting to second, I couldn't tell. But a doubleplay would have saved a run. But it wouldn't have made a difference in the game.

I really hate the A's. What kind of a team suicide squeezes in the fourth inning with a 7-2 lead? But the three other White Sox losses I endured in Oakland came in the ninth inning, and this wasn't as bad.

FielderJones
07-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I really hate the A's. What kind of a team suicide squeezes in the fourth inning with a 7-2 lead?

A scum-laden team. :tongue:

hawkjt
07-25-2010, 12:13 AM
A's have won 8 of 10,and been scoring a bunch of runs lately so that makes MB effort last nite all the better. Now,tomorrow,Hudson will have his hands full and Braden is filling in for Sheets. Braden has not been as good of late,I believe,but still...he is no-no man.

Freddy needs to get those corners the way his ball moves and especially when the opposing team catches on quickly and refuses to swing.
Diaz is going to tighten it up even further when pitchers complain.

When Omar lost that foul pop in the sun,then botched the little dribbler, the handwriting was on the wall...not our day.

Twins win,but Tigers lose,so Sox will come home with a bigger lead than they left home with,so just win tomorrow and make it a 1.5 game boosting-road trip....

TDog
07-25-2010, 12:37 AM
A's have won 8 of 10,and been scoring a bunch of runs lately so that makes MB effort last nite all the better. Now,tomorrow,Hudson will have his hands full and Braden is filling in for Sheets. Braden has not been as good of late,I believe,but still...he is no-no man.

Freddy needs to get those corners the way his ball moves and especially when the opposing team catches on quickly and refuses to swing.
Diaz is going to tighten it up even further when pitchers complain.

When Omar lost that foul pop in the sun,then botched the little dribbler, the handwriting was on the wall...not our day.

Twins win,but Tigers lose,so Sox will come home with a bigger lead than they left home with,so just win tomorrow and make it a 1.5 game boosting-road trip....

I hadn't heard who was starting for the A's Sunday. I knew it wasn't going to be Sheets, and in fact, he went on the DL today. I thought it would be Anderson who recently came off the DL rather than Braden who recently came off the DL. Bailey has been unavailable the last two games with a minor injury, but I don't think he'll go on the DL and may be ready Sunday if the A's need him.

The A's will be giving away Anderson jerseys, so I thought Anderson would get the start. This will be the third straight White Sox Sunday in Oakland where the A's give away jerseys. I haven't gotten around to selling the other two on eBay yet.

The A's have been fortunate to miss Danks and Floyd after losing to Buehrle. They could get both Hudson and Garcia next weekend in Chicago.

The Sox may be catching the A's at a bad time with the wrong starters, but the A's don't have the pitching to mount a serious challenge in the West.

Hitmen77
07-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Agreed, as long as you limit these kinds of performances.

Freddy was bound to have a stinker. Win the series tomorrow, go home, and let's start piling up the wins again.

This is the only game out of nine so far on this road trip where the other team just flat out beat the White Sox.

That's going to happen even to the best of teams. That's baseball. I'm more annoyed that they gave away a few other games on this trip. Those were the games we're supposed to win. Today's game was more likely one of those 60 or so that every team loses.

If we win tomorrow, we come home 5-5 from a road trip that some called "brutal" going into it. That's something we can live with if this team doesn't gift wrap too many more games down the stretch.

twinsuck
07-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Today's kind of losses don't even upset me that much... The ones that the Sox actually have a chance to win and blow are the ones that make me super mad.

Carneyman14
07-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Nothing to see here.....Take the series and game tomorrow

Zakath
07-25-2010, 04:40 AM
The A's have been fortunate to miss Danks and Floyd after losing to Buehrle. They could get both Hudson and Garcia next weekend in Chicago.

Unlikely that they would see Garcia with the Sox not having an off-day before the A's come to town on Friday (Seattle being a four-game series). They should see Hudson, Danks, and Floyd, since it should be Danks, Floyd, Buerhle, and Garcia for the Sox vs. the Mariners.

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2010, 07:22 AM
This is one of those 50 or so games that you are just going to get beat, thats why the 2 games Jenks blew are so important. We should be 6-3 on this trip, instead we must win today to make it a .500 trip.

bunty_doghunter
07-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Casting couch? :tongue:

hawkjt
07-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Unlikely that they would see Garcia with the Sox not having an off-day before the A's come to town on Friday (Seattle being a four-game series). They should see Hudson, Danks, and Floyd, since it should be Danks, Floyd, Buerhle, and Garcia for the Sox vs. the Mariners.

The bad news? The Sox will likely get Mazzano,Braden and Gio next weekend. It seems like we are catching the best pitchers like King Felix,and Pavano,since all star break. That is why I think the scedule-makers just dump the worst schedules on the Sox,due to centralized locale...13 straight games vs M's and A's? That is ridiculous...c'mon. I would be willing to be that the Sox are virtually the only team in the AL to have a stretch like that.

Brian26
07-25-2010, 10:30 AM
The bad news? The Sox will likely get Mazzano,Braden and Gio next weekend. It seems like we are catching the best pitchers like King Felix,and Pavano,since all star break. That is why I think the scedule-makers just dump the worst schedules on the Sox,due to centralized locale...13 straight games vs M's and A's? That is ridiculous...c'mon. I would be willing to be that the Sox are virtually the only team in the AL to have a stretch like that.

That's bad news?

The Sox should be cleaning up against these clowns. The Mariners are one of the worst teams in baseball. The A's are a .500 team. Let's go.

harwar
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
we got our bad game out of the way in Oakland .. really looking forward to watching Hudson today as he seems to be an integral part in what will happen down the stretch .. i'd be shocked if KW dealt him now ..

SI1020
07-25-2010, 10:50 AM
The A's a 8-2 in their last 10.

hawkjt
07-25-2010, 10:50 AM
That's bad news?

The Sox should be cleaning up against these clowns. The Mariners are one of the worst teams in baseball. The A's are a .500 team. Let's go.

I certainly want to play these teams,just not 13 straight times.
It means you are virtually certain to face Felix twice,and Mazzano and Braden twice...in two weeks. I also think it is harder to beat any MLB team when you play them this much in a row. If we lose today,we are 3-3 vs them so far. Facing their aces 4 times at least makes it hard to go much better than 7-6 or 8-5. PLus, baseball is a game of streaks,and the A's were on their best streak (7 of 8) of the season when we catch them for 6 games in 10 days? Not good.

Hitmen77
07-25-2010, 11:20 AM
This is one of those 50 or so games that you are just going to get beat, thats why the 2 games Jenks blew are so important. We should be 6-3 on this trip, instead we must win today to make it a .500 trip.

I'd even say we should be 7-2 if you count the game that we gave 5 unearned runs to the Twins. We're not talking about 3 close games that could have gone either way, we're talking about 3 games that we totally pissed away.

Those are the games that are going to win or lose this division. I know we still have the division lead, but the fact that we already gave away 3 games out of 9 that we should have won is not a good way to start the 2nd half. The Twins have already gained 1.5 games on us on this trip when we had a chance to keep them reeling. I hope to win today - I doubt the Twins are going to drop 2 of 3 to the O's.

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2010, 12:09 PM

I'd even say we should be 7-2 if you count the game that we gave 5 unearned runs to the Twins. We're not talking about 3 close games that could have gone either way, we're talking about 3 games that we totally pissed away.

Those are the games that are going to win or lose this division. I know we still have the division lead, but the fact that we already gave away 3 games out of 9 that we should have won is not a good way to start the 2nd half. The Twins have already gained 1.5 games on us on this trip when we had a chance to keep them reeling. I hope to win today - I doubt the Twins are going to drop 2 of 3 to the O's.

And we could have won the 3rd game of the Twins series when Buerhle had that one bad inning and we lost 3-2.

HomeFish
07-25-2010, 12:22 PM
13 straight games vs M's and A's? That is ridiculous...c'mon. .

:scratch: It's not 2001.

When I saw 13 straight games against the M's and A's, I was ecstatically pleased. This schedule made even me optimistic about our chances in late July.

jdm2662
07-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Is this post for real?

In the first series against the M's, the Sox didn't face Felix or Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee ended up being traded to the Rangers after the Sox are finished facing them and before the Sox face the M's seven more times. Meanwhile, the Twins and Tigers get to face the Rangers with the chance of facing Lee.

When the Sox faced the Yankees, they missed both CC and AJ Burnett. We don't need to remind each other CC's career record against the Sox.

There have been what, four series against the Royals? In those four series, the Sox faced Grienke once. The other time, he was scratched at the last minute. His replacement? Gave up eight runs in less than three innings.

if anything, the Sox have gotten the better end of facing the team's best pitchers.

hawkjt
07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Is this post for real?

In the first series against the M's, the Sox didn't face Felix or Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee ended up being traded to the Rangers after the Sox are finished facing them and before the Sox face the M's seven more times. Meanwhile, the Twins and Tigers get to face the Rangers with the chance of facing Lee.

When the Sox faced the Yankees, they missed both CC and AJ Burnett. We don't need to remind each other CC's career record against the Sox.

There have been what, four series against the Royals? In those four series, the Sox faced Grienke once. The other time, he was scratched at the last minute. His replacement? Gave up eight runs in less than three innings.

if anything, the Sox have gotten the better end of facing the team's best pitchers.

Note...''since the allstar break''....and yes,we have gotten some breaks with the Lee deal,but Greinke was not going that well early in the season anyway. Burnett has been bad...bring him on. We lost 2 of 3 in NY anyway.