PDA

View Full Version : M's in disarray?

hawkjt
07-24-2010, 12:49 PM
During last nites loss to the Red Sox the Mariners had a brawl in their dugout. Don Wakamatsu,M's manager, benched Chone Figgins in the 5th inning after Figgins did not back up a throw from left field that resulted in Cameron advancing from second to third. Figgins appeared to make little effort to backup the relay man or retrieve the ball.

Wakamatsu then benched Figgins. Figgins sat the other end of the dugout and started yelling at the manager. They advanced on each other and a small melee started that resulted in Jose Lopez's jersey being ripped off.

Figgins was sent to the locker room.

All those fans who wanted Kenny Williams to pay Figgins 36 million? ....thank god he does not listen. This guy is a disaster. Pods is better...and so is Juan.

So when the M's come to town for 4 games starting on monday,the Sox need to make hay. M's have played 3 extra innning games in last 6 so their pitching will be tired. This homestand needs to be no worse than 5-2...after that, schedule gets tougher.

sox1970
07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Matusaku? They should fire him.

Wakamatsu should stick around.

SephClone89
07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
During last nites loss to the Red Sox the Mariners had a brawl in their dugout. Don Matusaku,M's manager, benched Chone Figgins in the 5th inning after Figgins did not back up a throw from left field that resulted in Cameron advancing from second to third. Figgins appeared to make little effort to backup the relay man or retrieve the ball.

Matusaku then benched Figgins. Figgins sat the other end of the dugout and started yelling at the manager. They advanced on each other and a small melee started that resulted in Jose Lopez's jersey being ripped off.

Figgins was sent to the locker room.

All those fans who wanted Kenny Williams to pay Figgins 36 million? ....thank god he does not listen. This guy is a disaster. Pods is better...and so is Juan.

So when the M's come to town for 4 games starting on monday,the Sox need to make hay. M's have played 3 extra innning games in last 6 so their pitching will be tired. This homestand needs to be no worse than 5-2...after that, schedule gets tougher.

:facepalm:

hawkjt
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Oops. Should have just stuck to ''M's Manager'' I guess.
:D:

voodoochile
07-24-2010, 01:35 PM
:facepalm:

Way to add something to the conversation. :rolleyes:

chisox616
07-24-2010, 01:37 PM
That team is a mess. I don't think anyone with a good deal of baseball sense expected them to win that division, but no one could have predicted such a dreadful season after going over .500 last year while adding Figgins and Lee. I guess they just got really lucky with good years out of Branyan, Washburn and such, but got exposed this year.

But when they have a speed tandem of Figgins and Ichiro, you'd expect a bit more out of the team. What a relief Kenny never went after Figgins. I guess if he wants him, now's his chance. Bag of balls is all it might take at this point :\

Domeshot17
07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
That team is a mess. I don't think anyone with a good deal of baseball sense expected them to win that division, but no one could have predicted such a dreadful season after going over .500 last year while adding Figgins and Lee. I guess they just got really lucky with good years out of Branyan, Washburn and such, but got exposed this year.

But when they have a speed tandem of Figgins and Ichiro, you'd expect a bit more out of the team. What a relief Kenny never went after Figgins. I guess if he wants him, now's his chance. Bag of balls is all it might take at this point :\

This is nothing new. Figgins was incredibly unpopular with his teammates in Anaheim.

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
So does Ichiro want out of there?

07-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Milton Bradley was even surprised that Milton Bradley wasn't involved in the fight.

theamb
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
This is nothing new. Figgins was incredibly unpopular with his teammates in Anaheim.

And yet Anaheim tried to match Seattle's offer.

Figgins has been "teh suck" in Seattle but I questioned why they signed him to begin with.

Chone Figgins wasn't going to improve that putrid offense.

Pablo_Honey
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM
And yet Anaheim tried to match Seattle's offer.

Figgins has been "teh suck" in Seattle but I questioned why they signed him to begin with.

Chone Figgins wasn't going to improve that putrid offense.
Yeah, that signing was a bit of a head scratcher although I thought it was a move in the right direction at least. I'm shocked at how bad that Mariners team has been this year. It looked like Zduriencik was making all the right moves for them.

goofymsfan
07-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Not sure what is going on with the team this year. After such a huge step in the right direction last year I was expecting the team to make at least some small steps forward. Instead they have slide right back to about where they were in 2008. They are on pace to lose just as many games. What I am noticing this year is that instead of ONE team like it was last year, they are just 25 individuals. Every once in a while there will be glimpses of them being a team but it is very few and very far between.