PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Buehrle with a complete game 7-23 Postgame

GoGoCrede
07-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Yaaay.

markopat
07-23-2010, 11:27 PM
VERY nice work by MB tonight...good hitting at key times! Go Go SOX!

sox1970
Buehrle's first win in Oakland...ever.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
3 up on the Twins, and 2.5 up on the Kitties.

Jenks stays in his seat, Sox avoid defeat.

07-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I could get used to good Buehrle on the mound.

By the way, incredible job, A's. See, what you people fail to realize is that all these groundballs they're hitting will eventually cause an injury to the arms of our fielders. It's all about the war people, not the battle.

manders_01
Just a real good lookin' game. Keep it goin' boys!

:winner

GlassSox
Great job by Mark and solid baseball to get the win. Even Kotsay got a hit.

MarySwiss
Woot!!! :D:

Shoeless_Jeff
07-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Solid game on all fronts except from the bullpen... because they weren't needed.

Buehrle is the man.

whitesox4eva
Good game.

Slowest post game thread ever! :D: :tongue:

GlassSox
Buehrle's first win in Oakland...ever.

That's great.

Scuzzy19
07-23-2010, 11:30 PM
awesome timely hitting when we had risp good game and great performance by buehrles:cool:

Zakath
Except for the double that Cust hit to right, a masterful performance. A couple key runs in the ninth thanks to timely hits from Kotsay and AJ guaranteed the complete game.

That, and gaining a full game when Minnesota loses to the worst team in baseball, makes for a pretty good night.

Brian26
Beat the teams you need to beat.

KnightSox
Excellent outing Mark!!

Frontman
A full game almost to the day of the perfecto. Nice job Mark!!!

Corlose 15
07-23-2010, 11:31 PM
The Sox would be in complete control if Jenks didn't suck.

That said, outstanding performance by Burlymon.

JermaineDye05
Very 2005 feel to this game. Great pitching, solid defense, not many hits but they counted when they got 'em and let's not forget the productive outs.

guillensdisciple
You guys do know we should be on a 5 game winning streak right now...

BUT great game, and great stuff from Mark. Saved the bullpen and came back strong from that heartbreaker.

The White Sox are playing good baseball. These tough losses have overshadowed that but we really have played better than our road record has shown on this trip.

Red Barchetta
Nice looking game! Horrible looking A's uniforms. Man! I forgot how ugly those black alternates are! A couple of the A's players completed the look with the high top black socks and white shoes. They looked like a bunch of old men mowing their lawns. :D: Seriously, they need to bring back the green alternate jersey with the "A's" on the chest.

JermaineDye05
07-23-2010, 11:33 PM

BUT great game, and great stuff from Mark. Saved the bullpen and came back strong from that heartbreaker.

The White Sox are playing good baseball. These tough losses have overshadowed that but we really have played better than our road record has shown on this trip.

The great thing is they've shown the ability to bounce back even after heartbreakers like Sunday and Wednesday. They're taking it one game at a time which is what you have to do.

cub killer
07-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Very 2005 feel to this game. Great pitching, solid defense, not many hits but they counted when they got 'em and let's not forget the productive outs.
Good post.

I thought the postgame thread would have a reference to Kirstie Alley or something. You gotta at least add a witty remark to the title.

tony1972
07-23-2010, 11:36 PM
was Jenks mad b/c it was a complete game and Ozzie didn't give him a chance to blow it? now they may make the postseason and this will ruin his vacation plans !! :D: (all this is teal I hope everyone knows)...

WhiteSox1989
07-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I am impressed with the way Buehrle pitched tonight.

Not much else to be said.

hi im skot
07-23-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't mind staying up for these west coast games when the Sox win.

Thanks, guys.

Zakath
07-23-2010, 11:39 PM
9 IP, 101 pitches, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K.

26th career complete game.

Forget Opening Day; rotation needs to be set up so that Mark pitches every July 23rd.

07-23-2010, 11:42 PM
As a side note: Doesn't Mark Ellis look like James Woods?

LoveYourSuit
07-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Awesome performance by Buehrle. Quick and efficient.

Sox offense played a very good fundamental game, moving guys over and getting them in.

Good baseball today by the Sox.

Anyone else get sleepy watching games at that dump of a stadium?

This has been a very sleepy west coast trip, SEA sucks too. Boring atmosphere.

Frankfan4life
07-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Great job by Mark. Our SP is fantastic! It's nice seeing the Sox winning games on the West coast. Now let's take the series!!

manders_01
07-23-2010, 11:45 PM

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. :shrug: Gotta move on. They started a winning streak tonight! :D:

RadioheadRocks
07-23-2010, 11:46 PM
the great thing is they've shown the ability to bounce back even after heartbreakers like sunday and wednesday. They're taking it one game at a time which is what you have to do.

+1

GoGoCrede
07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. :shrug: Gotta move on. They started a winning streak tonight! :D:

Yep. Gotta put the past behind us. I'm happy with this win. I wish I'd been home to actually see it.

:hijacked: Is there a ton of lightning outside for anyone else on the Northside?

GoGoCrede
07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
The great thing is they've shown the ability to bounce back even after heartbreakers like Sunday and Wednesday. They're taking it one game at a time which is what you have to do.

I love many things about this team, but this has got to be number one.

Basically, I love so much about what this team chooses to be!

LongLiveFisk
07-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Forget Opening Day; rotation needs to be set up so that Mark pitches every July 23rd.

Beat me to it....I was just remembering it is the 1-year anniversary of his perfect game. :cool:

BleacherBandit
07-23-2010, 11:58 PM
:hijacked: Is there a ton of lightning outside for anyone else on the Northside?

There is on the North Shore at the moment.

This was classic Buehrle tonight. Aside from the 7th inning he was golden.

Coops4Aces
07-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Nice to see the Lillibeast make an impact tonight :bandance:

thomas35forever
07-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Mark was in complete control tonight. Let's get a few more CGs this season.

BleacherBandit
07-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Nice to see the Lillibeast make an impact tonight :bandance:

I liked Rodriguez's complete lack of concern for Sox baserunners in the ninth inning.

Frankfan4life
07-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Yep. Gotta put the past behind us. I'm happy with this win. I wish I'd been home to actually see it.

:hijacked: Is there a ton of lightning outside for anyone else on the Northside?We're getting lots of rain too. Missed the last part of the game because my satellite went out.

slavko
07-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I can see the fireworks show but we're getting no rain in mid-Lake County. Need some. Ha! Just started. Nice game, how a good team beats a mediocre team. Keep it up.

doublem23
07-24-2010, 12:18 AM

Yes

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Flat out dominant tonight, good to see nothing weird happen in Oakland. I think we are 5-2 our last 7 now.

And there is an epic lightning storm going on, its awesome.

Nellie_Fox
07-24-2010, 12:25 AM
You guys do know we should be on a 5 game winning streak right now...And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass.

voodoochile
07-24-2010, 12:52 AM
I don't mind staying up for these west coast games when the Sox win.

Thanks, guys.

And you didn't really have to stay up that late either. Typical Burlymon performance, 101 pitches. Took an hour to finish the first 5 and even though things slowed down after that, total game time was around 2:15.

Mark's the man. Was a very cool game to go to for my first game in 4+ years. I had a blast. Tomorrow should be just as fun.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

BlackandWhiteSox
07-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Didn't get to watch a whole lot of this game, but I'm happy to have confidence in the Sox winning the first game of a series. As I'm sure plenty have already said, this was a typical Buehrle game. I have to admit I was starting to worry about him this year, but he's finally turned it around. I really appreciate 5 runs on 7 hits, a commenter on another forum had this constant theory that we needed 9 hits to assure a win last year. Funny thing is he actually seemed to be right, glad that doesn't appear to be the case this year(at least lately anyway).

2 of 3 would be ok by me.

guillensdisciple
07-24-2010, 01:43 AM
And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass.

Ergh, I said that just to say that we are playing good baseball not to beat on someone. So thanks for the analogy, but I was not going negative nancy on you.

BlackandWhiteSox
07-24-2010, 01:57 AM
And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass.

Red from That 70's Show, no?

Nellie_Fox
07-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Red from That 70's Show, no?I never watched That 70's Show, so I couldn't tell you. I can tell you I've used that phrase since long before that show. Maybe since the 70's? LOL.

RadioheadRocks
07-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Red from That 70's Show, no?

Yep, dinner table quote. I think it went, "Yes Eric, and if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass when it hops!"

BlackandWhiteSox
07-24-2010, 02:17 AM
I never watched That 70's Show, so I couldn't tell you. I can tell you I've used that phrase since long before that show. Maybe since the 70's? LOL.

Lol

Yep, dinner table quote. I think it went, "Yes Eric, and if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass when it hops!"

Yeah I know for sure that Red said it, I just thought it was Nellie's "inspiration" so to speak. You're right though I'm pretty sure that was the exact quote.

october23sp
07-24-2010, 02:42 AM
I think that the Sox are 10-0 in games I don't watch at all or pay any attention to.

Scots-Sox
07-24-2010, 03:43 AM
And you didn't really have to stay up that late either. Typical Burlymon performance, 101 pitches. Took an hour to finish the first 5 and even though things slowed down after that, total game time was around 2:15.

Mark's the man. Was a very cool game to go to for my first game in 4+ years. I had a blast. Tomorrow should be just as fun.

:soxwin:

:supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

Ha!!! Speak for yourself there Voodoo - West coast games start at 3am for me over here. I can't wait until we get back to the Cell for 1am starts - LOL (although the next two games are 9pm fo me :smile:).

Way to go Sox. This season is certainly heading in the right direction since the summer arrived.

SephClone89
07-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Complete games are one of my favourite things in baseball.

Moses_Scurry
07-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Complete games are one of my favourite things in baseball.

Me too. Especially complete game shutouts

SOXSINCE'70
07-24-2010, 06:30 AM
2 run single by AJ! :bandance::bandance:

It seems like forever since he drove in a run.

hawkjt
07-24-2010, 06:34 AM
That was vintage MB stuff right there gang. Efficient vs a hot A's team(7 wins of last 8 ) who have been scoring a boatload of runs lately. He made it look easy.

Carlos just makes rbis happen. Ozzie had a nice call on the Omar/Juan hit and run. Omar is simply amazing. Alex is sooooo steady this year.
After the Bobby game, MB shows superb timing in keeping the bullpen sitting back,feet up ,smoking cigars tonite....

I was very nervous about this game. Cahill is their best chucker,and the A's are hot. Sox will come home in first place now....which is very acceptable when you leave home a half game up,and play ten at minny and on the coast...two places we struggle. One more win and it is a solid road trip,despite the bobby issues.

WSox597
07-24-2010, 07:23 AM
I think that the Sox are 10-0 in games I don't watch at all or pay any attention to.

Well then, it seems your course is clear for the rest of the year. LOL

Take one for the team!

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2010, 07:42 AM

I'm willing to chip in and send you on a nice trip to Outer Mongolia for a couple months.

cws05champ
07-24-2010, 08:23 AM

Yes...Konerko giving himself up to move Rios to 3rd for the sac fly, good defense, great pitching, timely hitting. I know this is Oakland but we faced their best pitcher and came out on top in game 1.

Zakath
07-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm willing to chip in and send you on a nice trip to Outer Mongolia for a couple months.

Needs to be longer than that. I'd say 100 days, which would put it into early November...

Zakath
07-24-2010, 08:48 AM

July 15, to be exact, the first game in Minnesota after the break. Of course, he'd only had 1 hit between that game and this one, and that was on Monday in Seattle.

Shows how much he's slumped, since throughout his career, and even this year, he's been a better hitter with runners on than with the bases empty (.280 lifetime with bases empty, .286 with runners on; .209 this year with bases empty, .277 with runners on).

hawkjt
07-24-2010, 09:00 AM
And Kotsay broke an 0-19 streak with his ninth inning hit.
Our lefthanders just have not produced this year.

Omar has been the best of a bad lot this year from that side.
Pierre has been just ok.
AJ...bad.
Kotsay...bad.
Teahen...MIA

It is a glaring weakness on the team,but like Ozzie said last nite ''left or right? Just put good hitters out there..''

Baseball is such a tough game to figure out. Last year AJ got off to a good start,and stayed very consistently around .300 the whole year. This year...bad start and has been consistently bad. One year? What happened?

soltrain21
07-24-2010, 09:07 AM
And Kotsay broke an 0-19 streak with his ninth inning hit.
Our lefthanders just have not produced this year.

Omar has been the best of a bad lot this year from that side.
Pierre has been just ok.
AJ...bad.
Kotsay...bad.
Teahen...MIA

It is a glaring weakness on the team,but like Ozzie said last nite ''left or right? Just put good hitters out there..''

Baseball is such a tough game to figure out. Last year AJ got off to a good start,and stayed very consistently around .300 the whole year. This year...bad start and has been consistently bad. One year? What happened?

So why does Kotsay play every ****ing day while Dayan sits on the bench?

tstrike2000
07-24-2010, 09:22 AM
So why does Kotsay play every ****ing day while Dayan sits on the bench?

Because Kotsay's Chicago tough.

dwitt76
07-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Great game by Buerlhe. Going to need him to continue what he has been doing if we want to take the Division.

SephClone89
07-24-2010, 09:42 AM
CSNChi_Beatnik (http://twitter.com/CSNChi_Beatnik)
Also, when guys in the Sox dugout saw Cahill hitting 200 on stadium speed gun they told #Buehrle (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Buehrle) that tonight he might be able to hit 88 mph

:rolling:

FarWestChicago
07-24-2010, 09:59 AM

The White Sox are playing good baseball. These tough losses have overshadowed that but we really have played better than our road record has shown on this trip.This is the best Cloud **** you can come up with? You need to go out west, climb the mountain and study under Master Lip. You haven't even reached apprentice level yet. You could at least work on a silly caricature schtick like HomeFish. This is just embarrssing. :tsk:

ode to veeck
07-24-2010, 10:02 AM
This is the best Cloud **** you can come up with? You need to go out west, climb the mountain and study under Master Lip. You haven't even reached apprentice level yet. You could at least work on a silly caricature schtick like HomeFish. This is just embarrssing. :tsk:

1st coffee sip of the morning up the nose on that one lol ...

slavko
07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I liked Rodriguez's complete lack of concern for Sox baserunners in the ninth inning.

Big help. Also finishing his motion facing right field as AJ's bouncer went behind his tush for 2 RBI.

voodoochile
07-24-2010, 11:33 AM

The man has been in a horrific slump. When he hits the ball hard it's at somebody or foul. But mostly he's been getting himself out a lot on bad pitches. I said last night I'd like to see him get the take signal a couple times at 3-2 just to remind him it's okay to take a 4th ball. Can't count the number of times I've seen him K on a bad pitch with a full count and many of them are after being up 3-0. He's been swinging at WAY too many pitches and as a result isn't seeing that many good ones to hit.

Typical that the hit last night was a seeing eye dribbler up the middle which knocked in two runs when the ball he hit great in the first AB was just another out.

voodoochile
07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
:rolling:

It was really screwy early I think it registered 800 on one of Mark's pitches. Then it shut down for a few outs and after that it was normal.

dwitt76
07-24-2010, 11:44 AM
It was really screwy early I think it registered 800 on one of Mark's pitches. Then it shut down for a few outs and after that it was normal.

800? :shocked:

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Buehrle has now found his way under the 4.00 ERA mark. Floyd got there in Seattle. Danks has been there forever. Freddy has been inching his way from 5 down to 4 since June 1st. This rotation is quite simply doing work.

guillensdisciple
07-24-2010, 01:54 PM
This is the best Cloud **** you can come up with? You need to go out west, climb the mountain and study under Master Lip. You haven't even reached apprentice level yet. You could at least work on a silly caricature schtick like HomeFish. This is just embarrssing. :tsk:

LOL!!!!

Forgive me, I am still young and rather inexperienced in the art of dark cloud.

TommyJohn
07-24-2010, 02:14 PM

LOL!!!!

Much have you to learn.

FarWestChicago
07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
LOL!!!!

Much have you to learn.:tiphat: