PDA

View Full Version : Deadspin I-team Investigates

soltrain21
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
http://deadspin.com/5594958/deadpin-i+team-assemble-for-the-case-of-the-goat+masked-white-sox-fan

Didn't the guy (kid?) who used to sit in that seat post here a couple years ago? He'd go nuts on every pitch.

daveeym
07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I think that would be CLUBHOUSE KID that you're talking about

WhiteSox1989
07-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh, green jacket?

soltrain21
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
I think that would be CLUBHOUSE KID that you're talking about

That's his "brother." The original was MCHSoxFan. I remember once he came here and was whining about not being able to use his tickets in the scout seats and wanted to trade the ones he couldn't use (the game had already passed) for a future game.

I wonder if he is the great masked man.

daveeym
07-23-2010, 04:18 PM
That's his "brother." The original was MCHSoxFan. I remember once he came here and was whining about not being able to use his tickets in the scout seats and wanted to trade the ones he couldn't use (the game had already passed) for a future game.

I wonder if he is the great masked man.

Oh yeah I remember that. That was so odd. Did he ever give his rationale for why someone should trade him future tickets for unusable tix?

oeo
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't think that's MCHSoxFan, the guy that wears the goat mask is in a wheel chair, I think, and is quite a bit older. He's back there a lot, I've only seen him wear the mask against the Cubs.

kjhanson
07-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, that's not MCHSOXFAN. He's probably about a 21 year-old kid now. Those were his grandmother's seats because they are handicapped seats. The guy who sits there now is in a wheelchair. It's the reason why he's always wearing gloves. I remember seeing the goat mask earlier and thought it was hilarious.

SephClone89
07-23-2010, 06:31 PM
That mask is creepy as hell. Guy scares the **** out of me whenever I see him during a game.

Pablo_Honey
07-23-2010, 06:41 PM
That mask is creepy as hell. Guy scares the **** out of me whenever I see him during a game.
It doesn't look THAT scary. Now, if he were wearing a clown mask...:cower:

samurai_sox
07-23-2010, 09:02 PM
What I want to know is who is the dude in the yellow M&M's jacket? I've been wondering about that for a few seasons now.

SephClone89
07-23-2010, 09:15 PM
What I want to know is who is the dude in the yellow M&M's jacket? I've been wondering about that for a few seasons now.

He's the guy who owns Windy City Limo...his name is George something.

kjhanson
07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
He's the guy who owns Windy City Limo...his name is George something.

George Jacobs.

hi im skot
07-23-2010, 09:30 PM

Solved. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=m+%26+m%27s+jacket+white+sox+games)

BleacherBandit
07-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Solved. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=m+%26+m%27s+jacket+white+sox+games)

Funny: that google search directs you to a previous thread at WSI about the identity of the M&Ms jacket guy. Someone needs to buy him a White Sox jacket instead.

Brian26
07-23-2010, 09:56 PM
The Sox need to shut down the entire carnival happening behind homeplate. It's embarrassing to watch on some days.

M&M Guy has his back turned to the field for half the game while he's talking to Southpaw.

The Tigers have an usher sit at the bottom of the steps at Comerica to discourage that type of nonsense.

cws05champ
07-23-2010, 10:53 PM
The Sox need to shut down the entire carnival happening behind homeplate. It's embarrassing to watch on some days.

M&M Guy has his back turned to the field for half the game while he's talking to Southpaw.

The Tigers have an usher sit at the bottom of the steps at Comerica to discourage that type of nonsense.

I am cws05champ, and I approve this message.

Coops4Aces
07-23-2010, 11:58 PM
the sox need to shut down the entire carnival happening behind homeplate. It's embarrassing to watch on some days.

M&m guy has his back turned to the field for half the game while he's talking to southpaw.

The tigers have an usher sit at the bottom of the steps at comerica to discourage that type of nonsense.

+1

Over By There
07-24-2010, 08:07 AM

Thank you.

Also, is MCHSoxFan the same person as CLUBHOUSE KID? That makes some sense.

daveeym
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Thank you.

Also, is MCHSoxFan the same person as CLUBHOUSE KID? That makes some sense.
That's what I thought, that he somehow abandoned MCHSoxFan.

spongyfungy
07-25-2010, 02:09 AM
I was going through my archives and there he is!

http://i32.tinypic.com/jqjgom.jpg

and the mask is off

http://i26.tinypic.com/64fb5s.jpg

fox23
07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
That's the same guy who sits there for a few games a month. I can't stand him. Last year he figured out there was a field mic close to where he was sitting and would periodically lean over and give shout outs to his buddies that you could hear over the broadcast. It was so annoying some games that I'd just mute the sound. Thankfully the Sox either moved the mic or at least turned it down because I can't hear him anymore.