PDA

View Full Version : root for the twins?

pudge
06-24-2002, 12:34 AM
Is it my wishful thinking, or is this upcoming series the kind of thing that could lead to major changes if the Sox collapse? If we stumble out of Minnesota, isn't that exactly when a team shakes things up by making management moves? I remember earlier this year the Royals lost 11 of 14 and got swept by Baltimore, losing the final game 13-0 at home, which is when the owners huddled and finally decided to can Muser. If we get swept by the Twins and fall 10 back, isn't it time?

Honestly, I can't root for our boys anymore. I know I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but it's true. I'm not saying I will root against them, but I just can't root for them either at this point. Sadly, I think it's the first time in my life I've said that. They have no excuses, the team is healthy, they just don't care, and the manager is an idiot. I have no sympathy for them anymore. The only good thing about that is when the strike comes, I won't be too upset.

One person I will be rooting for is Konerko though - I hope he can win the RBI crown, that's all we got this season.

doublem23
06-24-2002, 01:18 AM
root for the twins?

Ahhhh.. No.

Chisox_cali
06-24-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Ahhhh.. No.

Then you'll turn into JM :D:

I may be out of "the loop" but what does the 8 in your sig mean dub?

doublem23
06-24-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I may be out of "the loop" but what does the 8 in your sig mean dub?

What doesn't it mean?

:)

and whoops, I counted wrong, that was always supposed to be a 7 :smile:

Chisox_cali
06-24-2002, 01:42 AM

What doesn't it mean?

You sonava Bitch! :D: Wait till I put something weird in my Sig Dammit! :smile:

doublem23
06-24-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

You sonava Bitch! :D: Wait till I put something weird in my Sig Dammit! :smile:

You'll find out all in due time....

And I will wait... like a fox! :)

Chisox_cali
06-24-2002, 02:32 AM

You'll find out all in due time....

And I will wait... like a fox! :)

Well it aint obscure but I did change my Sig :smile: So HA?

bc2k
06-24-2002, 04:06 AM
I would rather see a strike than to see the Twins win the division.

ISUSoxfan
06-24-2002, 06:02 AM
Real Sox fans will always root for the Sox to win, but Michigan Ave is full of frontrunners heading north right now...and they ain't driving to Minnesota.

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Is it my wishful thinking, or is this upcoming series the kind of thing that could lead to major changes if the Sox collapse? If we stumble out of Minnesota, isn't that exactly when a team shakes things up by making management moves? I remember earlier this year the Royals lost 11 of 14 and got swept by Baltimore, losing the final game 13-0 at home, which is when the owners huddled and finally decided to can Muser. If we get swept by the Twins and fall 10 back, isn't it time?

I would say so, but don't look for any changes from our brain trust.

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 07:50 AM
Any change would be minor and cosmetic-Major change would be an admission of many mistakes by manager & GM,and that is something that just aint going to happen.

delben91
06-24-2002, 01:24 PM

What doesn't it mean?

Does it have anything to do with 7 being Manuel's uniform number??