PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For Improvement

RKMeibalane
06-24-2002, 01:15 AM
1. Manuel needs to set a lineup and continue using it for an extended period of time- a month would be sufficient. In the event that this team actually plays up to its potential, the lineup can remain in place longer. The following is the lineup I would use:

CF- Lofton
2B- Durham
1B- Konerko - the "3" position is tradtionally for the best hitter
RF- Ordonez
DH- Thomas - he hit well in this spot last month
SS- Valentin - I can't think of another appropriate place for him
LF- Lee
C- Paul - he's been more effective than Alomar or Johnson
3B- Graffanino

2. Liefer needs to be sent down. He isn't contributing at all. Whatever promise he showed last season must have been a fluke. The same goes for Carlos, though he may not accept an assignment. I would much rather see Aaron Rowand in left. At least he puts forth some effort.

3. Crede needs to get Major League experience. How many times has this been said on this board? Williams and Manuel are clueless.

4. Fire Nardi.

5. Fire Nardi.

6. Did I mention that Nardi should be fired?

TheBigHurt
06-24-2002, 02:23 PM
I couldnt agree more on anything you said

delben91
06-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The following is the lineup I would use:

CF- Lofton
2B- Durham
1B- Konerko - the "3" position is tradtionally for the best hitter
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin - I can't think of another appropriate place for him
LF- Lee
C- Paul - he's been more effective than Alomar or Johnson
3B- Graffanino

Now there's a lineup that I like, and like a lot. Well, at least I like it as much as you can any lineup made up from the sox current roster.

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 02:53 PM
Right-Graffanino at 9 is a good lead in to the top of the order.

DrCrawdad
06-24-2002, 03:35 PM
CF- Lofton
2B- Durham/Graffanino
1B- Konerko
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin/Clayton
LF- Lee/Liefer or Lee/Borchard
C- Paul/Johnson
3B- Crede

This is the line-up I'd like to see. I like Tony G., but I'm sick of the errors at 3rd. Jose and Tony had consecutive bad defensive games at third. It's one thing to lose. It's another to lose by giving away the game with poor D. From what I've seen Crede is much, much better at third than Tony and/or Jose. Plus, I think Crede can hit as good as Tony/Jose. Yet if there were a drop in offense with Crede playing everyday, I'll take that over the porous defense that I've seen.

pearso66
06-24-2002, 06:32 PM
i actually think the 3-4-5 shoudl stay how it is, frank, maggs, and PK, we saw what happened when maggs went to the 3 spot, plus i think paul benefits from batting after those 2, he's a good guy to follow maggs.
plus if we take clayton out of the lineup, i believe we should put our catchers last, from what ive seen, the catchers have predominitally shown they should be in the 9 spot