Vizquel- 3B
Rios-RF
Konerko-1B
Quentin-DH
Ramirez-SS
Pierzynski-C
Beckham-2B
Lillibridge-CF
"Internal" upgrade to DH role, potentially helps decrease Quentin's risk of injury

Very fast outfield, 3 "table setters" ahead of run producers.

Still blend in Viciedo or at 3rd, Jones in CF vs. LH's.

doublem23
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Rios has been spectacular in CF all year, not wild about moving him. Not that I like Lillibridge in the OF at all, but I'd rather him be in RF.

soltrain21
07-22-2010, 12:08 PM
In no way, shape or form should Alex Rios be moved from CF.

FielderJones
07-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I see no reason to move Rios out of CF. He has the best range on the team, takes the best routes to balls. If anything, Sox corner outfielders should shade more to the lines and just let him roam out there.

JB98
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
If the Sox are going to win this thing, it's going to be because of pitching and defense. I wouldn't make any lineup change that weakens the defense.

And moving Rios out of CF weakens the defense. If we need to DH Quentin, put Jones in RF and bat him lower in the order.

DonnieDarko
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
If the Sox are going to win this thing, it's going to be because of pitching and defense. I wouldn't make any lineup change that weakens the defense.

And moving Rios out of CF weakens the defense. If we need to DH Quentin, put Jones in RF and bat him lower in the order.

This +1.

Though if Rios needs a day off, Jones should move in his spot and Lillibridge should try RF.

Zakath
07-22-2010, 12:32 PM

I think Jones showed last night why he won 10 Gold Gloves. Some of his plate appearances have been pretty ugly, but he's still an asset in the field, even at 33.

Considering that last year we finished as the 4th worst team in baseball with 113 errors, and this year we're the 9th best with only 53 through 94 games, any changes that would weaken the defense would be almost suicidal.

broker3d
07-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Terrible idea.

SephClone89
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Pierre- LF
Vizquel- 3B
Rios-RF
Konerko-1B
Quentin-DH
Ramirez-SS
Pierzynski-C
Beckham-2B
Lillibridge-CF

:bong:

dwitt76
07-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Move Rios to Center. Jones in right. Quentin at DH. This is our best line-up.

Dibbs
07-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Moving Rios out of center is a terrible idea. Also, I'd like to find a way to get Kotsay's bat in the lineup. Somewhere in the three to five spot.

Pablo_Honey
07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Also, I'd like to find a way to get Kotsay's bat in the lineup. Somewhere in the three to five spot.
I really, really, really, really, really, reaaaaaaalllllyy, hope that was teal implied.

harwar
07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
if you move Rios out of CF i might have to hurt you ..

downstairs
07-22-2010, 01:25 PM
I have no problem using this lineup on off days. On gameday? No.

delben91
07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I have no problem using this lineup on off days. On gameday? No.

:rolling:

Dibbs
07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I really, really, really, really, really, reaaaaaaalllllyy, hope that was teal implied.

Of course. However, it can't be that crazy. The guy managing our team ACTUALLY DOES THIS on a near daily basis.

EnglishChiSox
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't get why Kotsay can't play RF and split time there with Andruw and keep Q at DH? I didn't really follow Kotsay much before he joined the Sox and what happened but when he was playing for the A's a few years ago he seemed an acceptable choice in the outfield. It just seems Ozzie won't even entertain the possibility of Kots in the outfield

soltrain21
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't get why Kotsay can't play RF and split time there with Andruw and keep Q at DH? I didn't really follow Kotsay much before he joined the Sox and what happened but when he was playing for the A's a few years ago he seemed an acceptable choice in the outfield. It just seems Ozzie won't even entertain the possibility of Kots in the outfield

Play Kotsay in the OF and risk injuring him?! Are you CRAZY?!

Pablo_Honey
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Of course. However, it can't be that crazy. The guy managing our team ACTUALLY DOES THIS on a near daily basis.
Yup, that is the sad reality in which we all live. :angry:

EnglishChiSox
07-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Play Kotsay in the OF and risk injuring him?! Are you CRAZY?!

My plan has been foiled and it would have worked as well if it was wasn't for those meddling Sox Fans

hawkjt
07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Anyone see the results of that phone survey on the best Sox centerfielders?

I like BA and Rowand,but putting Rios behind them is not smart.
Rios kicks butt on every centerfielder in my memory banks..going back to the 70's.

Alex is like a gazelle out there. BA was not as fast. Rowand was not near as fast.

Chez
07-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Rios kicks butt on every centerfielder in my memory banks..going back to the 70's.

Alex is like a gazelle out there. BA was not as fast. Rowand was not near as fast.

Mike Cameron was solid -- I think his arm was stronger than Alex's; but you're right -- Rios is a terrific centerfielder.

Iwritecode
07-22-2010, 03:03 PM

I think the reason is that Rios makes everything look so easy and routine.