PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: ticket availability on a given night?

SOX ADDICT '73
07-21-2010, 08:24 PM
I recently signed up my girls for the Sox Kids Club, and have four vouchers for upper reserved seats on select dates. Most of the games have already been played, and of the remaining dates, next week Tuesday night's game would work best for us. It's obviously too late to mail the vouchers in, and I won't have an opportunity to stop by the box office beforehand to buy tickets, so our plan is to go to the ballpark on Tuesday night and hope for the best. Here are my questions:

1. What has been the experience of other WSIers when attempting to "walk-up" at a mid-week night game? They'll be playing the Mariners (not exactly a marquee oponent), if that makes a difference.

2. Does the fact that this is one of the discounted/free/promotional games (i.e., Teacher Appreciation Night) mean that it's likely already sold out, or nearly so?

3. Is it possible to pay extra and "upgrade" using these vouchers, say to lower reserved tickets, assuming those seats are available?

Any advice you guys can give would really be appreciated - this will be the first Sox game for both of my girls!

kevingrt
07-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I recently signed up my girls for the Sox Kids Club, and have four vouchers for upper reserved seats on select dates. Most of the games have already been played, and of the remaining dates, next week Tuesday night's game would work best for us. It's obviously too late to mail the vouchers in, and I won't have an opportunity to stop by the box office beforehand to buy tickets, so our plan is to go to the ballpark on Tuesday night and hope for the best. Here are my questions:

1. What has been the experience of other WSIers when attempting to "walk-up" at a mid-week night game? They'll be playing the Mariners (not exactly a marquee oponent), if that makes a difference.

2. Does the fact that this is one of the discounted/free/promotional games (i.e., Teacher Appreciation Night) mean that it's likely already sold out, or nearly so?

3. Is it possible to pay extra and "upgrade" using these vouchers, say to lower reserved tickets, assuming those seats are available?

Any advice you guys can give would really be appreciated - this will be the first Sox game for both of my girls!

1 & 2. You will have no problem finding tickets. They might not be the best seats in the house but I am 95% sure that game will not be sold out barring some unforeseen crazy trade or us winning out and other crazy stuff happening.

3. I do not know. I would think not but I am not sure.

Domeshot17
07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I would think 3 you can upgrade but you might have to work for it. There is a section in the upper deck where you bring your tickets and pay more and trade up. This might work.

all*star quentin
07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Do a search on the White Sox ticket page. You'll see what pops up, upper and lowers.
I did this for Fri. 8/27 v Yankees tickets found singles in the lower bowl and quite a few in the 500 level. Went to the box office on Saturday knowing what was available, got them

Regarding upgrades, last year I bought the special $38 reserved tickets, I saw seats available in sec 133, went to the upgrade window, long story short, I had to make up the difference.
I would call the Guest Relations 312-674-1000 ext 5225 to check if you're able to upgrade vouchers.

How old are your daughters? Get Southpaws trading card for them and of course a picture with him. Have fun!

chisoxfanatic
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Do a search on the White Sox ticket page. You'll see what pops up, upper and lowers.
I did this for Fri. 7/27 v Yankees tickets found singles in the lower bowl and quite a few in the 500 level. Went to the box office on Saturday knowing what was available, got them

Regarding upgrades, last year I bought the special $38 reserved tickets, I saw seats available in sec 133, went to the upgrade window, long story short, I had to make up the difference.
I would call the Guest Relations 312-674-1000 ext 5225 to check if you're able to upgrade vouchers.

How old are your daughters? Get Southpaws trading card for them and of course a picture with him. Have fun!
Hey, thanks for the 411! I want to go to that game and sit in the LD, noticed that there is lower reserved left, and think I'll go to the park tomorrow after work to get a ticket. :smile:

Sox Addict, I'd suggest just calling the ticket office. 1-800-SOXGAME. They're always good with answering your questions.

all*star quentin
07-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey, thanks for the 411! I want to go to that game and sit in the LD, noticed that there is lower reserved left, and think I'll go to the park tomorrow after work to get a ticket. :smile:

Sox Addict, I'd suggest just calling the ticket office. 1-800-SOXGAME. They're always good with answering your questions.

I typed July, I changed it. The tickets are for 8/27

chisoxfanatic
07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
I typed July, I changed it. The tickets are for 8/27
Yea, I thought so. Where did you get your tickets?

GoGoCrede
07-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I've never had any trouble doing walk-up. I don't think it should be a problem for you at all. Try to order online, though. The Ticketmaster codes make tickets SO much cheaper.

all*star quentin
07-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Sec 154.

ghostface36
07-21-2010, 10:07 PM
i usually get mine after stubhub 2 weeks in advance, b/c when their tickets aren't selling people will drop the price, in some good seats too

Jerko
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Hmm, I wonder what night August 27th might be at the old ballpark?

chisoxfanatic
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Hmm, I wonder what night August 27th might be at the old ballpark?
Are you going, Jerko?

Jerko
07-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Are you going, Jerko?

yeah got 4 in 161 about a month ago

Jerko
07-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Not sure if you can upgrade vouchers or not. I don't think you can even upgrade trade-ins anymore, via their form anyway. Call the number posted earlier in the thread.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone. My daughters are 5 and 2 years old, and the little one already knows the first verse to "Let's Go, Go-Go White Sox" by heart. Should be a fun night!

ghostface36
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
yeah got 4 in 161 about a month ago
great view of the action in that section and lots of chances for foul balls.Should be a good view any row in that section,

ewokpelts
07-22-2010, 12:25 PM

Sox Addict, I'd suggest just calling the ticket office. 1-800-SOXGAME. They're always good with answering your questions.www.whitesox.com/TOURISM

1/2 off tix.

then use the vouchers for another game in august or september

ewokpelts
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Are you going, Jerko?
get there early, as the giveaway that night is a hawks SC replica

chisoxfanatic
07-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone. My daughters are 5 and 2 years old, and the little one already knows the first verse to "Let's Go, Go-Go White Sox" by heart. Should be a fun night!
That is AWESOME! Did you ever try youtubing it? That would be cool to see.
www.whitesox.com/TOURISM (http://www.whitesox.com/TOURISM)

1/2 off tix.

then use the vouchers for another game in august or september
Are there any codes for AUGUST 27th, Gene?

ewokpelts
07-22-2010, 05:41 PM
That is AWESOME! Did you ever try youtubing it? That would be cool to see.

Are there any codes for AUGUST 27th, Gene?no