PDA

View Full Version : If you compare the Braves to the Sox...

Tragg
06-23-2002, 10:57 PM
position by position, I think it's pretty unarguable that the Sox have the edge at only 3 positions: First, Second and Right. Braves have the edge in 6. Now if the braves played in the AL, we'd have another DH edge.

Braves have the better starting rotation and probably the better pen (although it's hard to judge).

Now I beat on the ineptitude of manuel just like the next guy (more than the next guy).

But it's also pretty clear that this team has major talent shortfall, as compared to what I assume is a legitimate WS contender in Atlanta. We've a long way to go.

TornLabrum
06-23-2002, 11:12 PM
But it's also pretty clear that this team has major talent shortfall, as compared to what I assume is a legitimate WS contender in Atlanta. We've a long way to go.

Careful, you might be accused of being a belly acher! Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me because I was spared the lowlights of the Atlanta Series), I was out of town attending a jazz festival in Elkhart, IN. So I will use this response to reiterate the point I have been making.

This was supposed to be our year to be even with the big boys. However, our play so far has shown that we are incapable of competing with the really good teams. We are not now and will not be in the near future a pennant contender, despite the projections made in 1999 or thereabouts as to "The Plan." It has become painfully obvious that there is no plan, or if there was, Lenny has a different one than whatever plan Ron Schueler had.

So we continue to wait with our up and coming talent to look forward to, just as we have since the White Flag trade five years ago. :angry: