PDA

View Full Version : Jose Bautista?

AzureJazzMan
07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Really? According to Jeff Passan at Yahoo KW contacted the Jays. That sneaky Kenny...under the radar as always.
Link (http://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/19107866499)

hi im skot
07-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Prepare to overpay.

Pablo_Honey
07-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Prepare to overpay.
Yup. The dude's having a career year. This new Jays GM is a smart one. He won't sell him at the price he should be worth.

kittle42
07-21-2010, 05:48 PM
He's like the 2003 Esteban Loaiza of 2010 power hitters!

Jpgr91
07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
I think he is a real good fit. He can play 3b, of, and DH. As far as being concerned about overpaying for a player having a career year, it is important to consider how little leverage the Blue Jays have in this situation.

Pablo_Honey
07-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I think he is a real good fit. He can play 3b, of, and DH. As far as being concerned about overpaying for a player having a career year, it is important to consider how little leverage the Blue Jays have in this situation.
I don't know about that. The Jays pried Yunel from the Braves for Alex Gonzalez who is also having a career like Bautista. The Sox are in contention and are looking for a bat. I'm sure we are not only team looking for a bat, so any cheap offer we make can easily be outdone by other teams.

Slappy
07-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Interesting. He can play a lot of positions and has tapped into some major power by working with his hitting coach and making some adjustments. Thing is, he's not a lefty.

Who do you give up for him? If it's Flowers or Jordan Danks that's fine by me.

Jpgr91
07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't know about that. The Jays pried Yunel from the Braves for Alex Gonzalez who is also having a career like Bautista. The Sox are in contention and are looking for a bat. I'm sure we are not only team looking for a bat, so any cheap offer we make can easily be outdone by other teams.

The Braves did a lot to diminish Yunel's value by openly questioning his work ethic. I think the only reason why the Braves let him go was because they figured that his work ethic would never allow him to live up to his potential.
While other teams may drive up the price for Bautista, I doubt that any team is going to need to part with any top talent to aquire him.

getonbckthr
07-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I would rather go get Ty Wiggington.

Rockabilly
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I would rather have Jayson Werth.

Tragg
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Williams should be looking to underpay in talent and take on all salary. The sox will sell over budget in tickets making salary pick up affordable.

Pablo_Honey
07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I would rather have Jayson Werth.
Wouldn't we all? Unfortunately, Werth commands too much that the Sox couldn't make a legit shot at acquiring him.

TheCQExperience
07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Toronto is reportedly asking a lot for him. If we're going to overpay for a slugger Fielder, Dunn, or even Laroche seems like better options. Plus Jose has had one good half season in an otherwise miserable career. I believe his career average is about .235... no thank you.

Tragg
07-21-2010, 07:17 PM
How is his defense? We need a RF long term. If we could sign him and the price isn't too inflated...

getonbckthr
07-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Williams should be looking to underpay in talent and take on all salary. The sox will sell over budget in tickets making salary pick up affordable.
**** if thats the case your player pool has expanded a ton. Just like we got Rios last year guys you can get probably under the same system would be: Soriano, Derrek Lee, Aramis, Carlos Lee, Vernon Wells, Lyle Overbay (possibly), Manny, Hafner, Milt Bradley, Russell Branyon, Jeff Franceour, Jose Guillen. Now out of those guys who would we actually want? I'm not sure.

SOXSINCE'70
07-22-2010, 08:01 PM
He's like the 2003 Esteban Loaiza of 2010 power hitters!

Does he own the Mexican strikeout record as well ?? :tongue: