PDA

View Full Version : David DeJesus

SOXfnNlansing
07-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Since the Sox seem to only trade with the Royals, I was looking at their team to see if I could come up with something. DeJesus would look great in RF for the Sox. I wonder if Kenny could package Linebrink/Quentin for DeJesus+ptbnl?

DeJesus has a club option for 2011 at $6.2M. I know Quentin is a favorite around here, but he's just not durable. Anyone who would take Linebrink's salary should also get a great player also. DeJesus is 31 and is a great player in his own right.

DirtySox
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Since the Sox seem to only trade with the Royals, I was looking at their team to see if I could come up with something. DeJesus would look great in RF for the Sox. I wonder if Kenny could package Linebrink/Quentin for DeJesus+ptbnl?

DeJesus has a club option for 2011 at $6.2M. I know Quentin is a favorite around here, but he's just not durable. Anyone who would take Linebrink's salary should also get a great player also. DeJesus is 31 and is a great player in his own right.

Replacing Quentin with DeJesus still leaves this team missing a bat.

JermaineDye05
07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
You had me until you put Quentin's name in there. No way do you trade him. I don't care how much trouble he has staying healthy. He still drives in runs while he's in the lineup.

doublem23
07-21-2010, 12:41 PM
You had me until you put Quentin's name in there. No way do you trade him. I don't care how much trouble he has staying healthy. He still drives in runs while he's in the lineup.

No way do you trade him for a deal that centers around David DeJesus.

I also don't know what alternate universe I am living in that David DeJesus can be called a "great" player.

Foulke You
07-21-2010, 01:09 PM

I also don't know what alternate universe I am living in that David DeJesus can be called a "great" player.
Exactly. I don't know how replacing Quentin with DeJesus makes you better. It gets you a left handed bat but cripples your power production.

spawn
07-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm just loving the fact we're talking about acquiring players at the trade deadline instead of who we should be shipping out. Two months ago, I would've thought the latter was inevitable.

Pablo_Honey
07-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Quentin's value is on the rise. If he keeps his pace up, he will command definitely better than a David Dejesus. I'd wait until the season's over to trade him, if we even decide to trade him in the first place. As for acquiring Dejesus, we don't have the pieces to get him without hampering our future. I wish we did because he'd fit nicely in #2 hole and pushes Quentin into a DH role but I don't see how we can pry him away at a favourable price.

veeter
07-21-2010, 05:15 PM

I also don't know what alternate universe I am living in that David DeJesus can be called a "great" player.I agree. I hate that guy like Punto.

veeter
07-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm just loving the fact we're talking about acquiring players at the trade deadline instead of who we should be shipping out. Two months ago, I would've thought the latter was inevitable.I love how people here talk about trading guys when they play like ****, then talk about trading them when they play good. Carlos Quentin is really good. He has trouble staying healthy, but to suggest trading him for David DeJesus is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

SOXfnNlansing
07-21-2010, 07:43 PM
First off, I think there is great value by dumping Linebrink without paying any of his salary. People that think that Quentin is great. I do too. I was just killing time at work reading about DeJesus and he is suprisingly good. He's batting over .300, has some speed, had 9 triples one year, and led the league in assists one year. He also went over 130 games without an error. Not saying that he's an all star, but is Quentin?

I think that we could count on 140 games per season with DeJesus in right field batting in the 2 hole. I was really looking for a fair way to get rid of Linebrink, and this trade would make sense for both teams imo.

Malgar 12
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
First off, I think there is great value by dumping Linebrink without paying any of his salary. People that think that Quentin is great. I do too. I was just killing time at work reading about DeJesus and he is suprisingly good. He's batting over .300, has some speed, had 9 triples one year, and led the league in assists one year. He also went over 130 games without an error. Not saying that he's an all star, but is Quentin?

I think that we could count on 140 games per season with DeJesus in right field batting in the 2 hole. I was really looking for a fair way to get rid of Linebrink, and this trade would make sense for both teams imo.

Why would the Royals (or anybody else) want Linebrink?

getonbckthr
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Why would the Royals (or anybody else) want Linebrink?
Cincinatti might take Linebrink? apparently they covet RP.

veeter
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
David DeJesus is a Royal. He plays every single game out of the pennant race. No pressure = ****ty players putting up decent numbers. And by the way Carlos Quentin is an All-star caliber player. He will make an All-Star team at least once in his career, IMO. He should have in 2008.

mzh
07-21-2010, 08:42 PM
David DeJesus is a Royal. He plays every single game out of the pennant race. No pressure = ****ty players putting up decent numbers. And by the way Carlos Quentin is an All-star caliber player. He will make an All-Star team at least once in his career, IMO. He should have in 2008.
He was in 08.

And yes, I'd love DeJesus. But not for Quentin. **** no.

doublem23
07-21-2010, 09:01 PM

I never thought people would forget this moment.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/07/16/PH2008071602849.jpg

Boondock Saint
07-21-2010, 09:14 PM

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/07/16/PH2008071602849.jpg

Justin Morneau was an all star?

veeter
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/07/16/PH2008071602849.jpgI'm a little behind on my sleep. MY point is DeJesus can't hold Carlos' jock.

SOXfnNlansing
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
What if we added Jenks/Linebrink/Teahen + cash for DeJesus/PTBNL?

mjmcend
07-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Why on earth would the Royals do that? Why would they want an overpriced shaky reliever, an overpriced terrible reliever, and an overpriced (sense a pattern here?) mediocre-at-best 3B whom they traded away less than a year ago? I doubt the Royals would do that trade even if we paid 80% of all three players' salaries.

doublem23
07-22-2010, 11:18 AM

I doubt any team would give us a bag of balls for those 3 in a package.

TheOldRoman
07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W_hPHI-p3O8/SrkFc9xChsI/AAAAAAAAA_w/FBQb-SoZEU0/s400/big-lebowski-Jesus.jpg

Nobody ****s with DeJesus

cws05champ
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Looks like DeJesus is out for the year after tearing a ligament in his hand.

http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/23377982?tag=mccBlogView;comBlogEntryListMiniCnt

A. Cavatica
07-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I doubt any team would give us a bag of balls for those 3 { Teahen, Linebrink, Jenks } in a package.

What about Boston? They have injuries all over, and a player like Teahen who can play multiple positions would be very useful. They are actively looking for bullpen help. And they have a number of bad contracts they're eager to unload in a my-junk-for-your-junk deal.

How about Teahen for Mike Lowell and cash? Hudson and Jenks for Matsuzaka, a prospect, and cash?

Pablo_Honey
07-23-2010, 08:12 PM

http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/23377982?tag=mccBlogView;comBlogEntryListMiniCnt
And that's the end of this trade discussion. Sucks for Dejesus. He was having a nice season.

How about Teahen for Mike Lowell and cash? Hudson and Jenks for Matsuzaka, a prospect, and cash?
No and no. Both are overpaid and are not that good. Matsuzaka has nice stuff but he walks a lot of guys which means we would be going to the bullpen early every time he goes out there. I certainly wouldn't give up Hudson to get him. Lowell has health problems and haven't been the hitter he once used to be. As much as it disgusts for me to say this, I'd rather keep Teahen.

A. Cavatica
07-23-2010, 08:22 PM
And that's the end of this trade discussion. Sucks for Dejesus. He was having a nice season.

No and no. Both are overpaid and are not that good. Matsuzaka has nice stuff but he walks a lot of guys which means we would be going to the bullpen early every time he goes out there. I certainly wouldn't give up Hudson to get him. Lowell has health problems and haven't been the hitter he once used to be. As much as it disgusts for me to say this, I'd rather keep Teahen.

I shouldn't have included Hudson, I wanted to suggest a crap-for-crap deal. Boston could swallow the bad contracts of Teahen, Linebrink, or Jenks if they unloaded one of their own. And because they're Boston, make them pay the salary difference and throw in a prospect.

Pablo_Honey
07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I shouldn't have included Hudson, I wanted to suggest a crap-for-crap deal. Boston could swallow the bad contracts of Teahen, Linebrink, or Jenks if they unloaded one of their own. And because they're Boston, make them pay the salary difference and throw in a prospect.
True, but I don't like neither Lowell or Matsuzaka so I'm biased to say that I don't want them on this team. I'd think it's a rather a marginal upgrade. Well I guess getting Lowell wouldn't hurt but there is no way the Sox go after Matsuzaka. We'd be on the hook for 20 mil if we get him and the Sox will give them good prospects for them to eat up part of that salary. This farm is thin enough, let's not make it thinner.

SOXfnNlansing
07-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Too bad for DeJesus:(:

Boondock Saint
07-23-2010, 09:21 PM

I saw the play when it happened, and it looked pretty painful. He smashed his hand into the wall trying to make a catch on what would turn into an inside the park HR for Derek Jeter. It looked like it nearly pressed his palm into his wrist.