PDA

View Full Version : Red sox vs Oakland Game shouldn't have ended when it did last night

whitesox4eva
07-21-2010, 08:09 AM
So last night because I was bored and saw the Red sox and the A's playing I decided to watch the last few minutes of it on MLBtv. It didn't last long when I turned it on because Kouzmanoff quickly went on to hit a walk off single.

When they were showing the replays though of the lead baserunner coming in to slide and tag home plate, I realized he didn't actually tag home plate. I've watched the video numerous times since then, but he just had his arm go above home plate but he never actually touched it. I could be blind and don't know what I'm talking about but let me know what you guys think. Also no I'm not a Red Sox fan its just something I realized.

Pause the video at 1:41
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10115043&c_id=oak

LITTLE NELL
07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Its still a little hard to tell but close enough I guess since the umpire was right there. Its sort of like the phantom out at 2nd base on a DP.
The good news is the Red Sox lost, of course we have Oakland over the weekend so maybe I should hope the BoSox win the next 2 and we get the A's on a little losing streak.

doublem23
07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Looks to me like he touched home.

Fenway
07-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Home Plate ump Bob Davidson got everything else wrong last night so it was fitting

Coco wanted to kill him, then a makeup balk call in the Oakland 10th

Furious

Coops4Aces
07-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Looked like his hand got the plate, but Boston didn't appeal it so it doesn't matter. The ump can't just call you out, right?

The thing that I scratch my head about is J.D. Drew playing so deep in RF. There is a right handed batter at the plate. The chances of him hitting it over your head are slim to none. You have to play shallow enough where you can throw the runner out at home.

Coops4Aces
07-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Home Plate ump Bob Davidson got everything else wrong last night so it was fitting

Coco wanted to kill him, then a makeup balk call in the Oakland 10th

Furious

Davidson is an idiot. He just started laughing at Coco. Zero respect.

thomas35forever
07-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Looks like his thumb touched the plate. That's really close though.

october23sp
07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
He touched it, but barely.