PDA

View Full Version : 10 Games Back Before We Get Back Home

ChiSoxBobette
06-23-2002, 10:14 PM
After listening to Dave Wills and Bill Melton after the game today it sounds to me like the Sox are done. Even those two could'nt muster any angry come backs to the fans calling in saying that this team is just bad. There was'nt even any defense for manuel. Both Wills & Melton said that after this series if the Sox get swept or even just break even there has to be some kind of change coming. My opinion is you are'nt going to be able to fire the whole team so I think J.R. & K.W. will have to make a managerial change & that would include the coaches. My other thought even though Wills & Melton said it was'nt going to happen would be to package Lofton(theres no way we are going to sign the guy for next year),Durham(another guy who is going to be asking for big money after this year - and the way hes playing he can go), and everyone is going to start screaming but I say ordonez (maggs does'nt look like he even wants to be here anymore).We can then bring up a few rookies and get ready for next year. Also any other owner in either league would have said something by now with this team playing like this but unless I've missed something I've heard nothing from J.R. so I take it he could care less. The only other thing we can hope for , and its pretty sad to say it; is a strike to wash out this season. This team has just given up and I say they have no confidence in the manager or these coaches. ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE , BECAUSE IF WE GET SWEPT 10 GAMES BACK AND YOU CAN REALLY START THINKING ABOUT J.r. DUMPING EVERYONE FROM THIS TEAM, IT WILL BE ANOTHER 10 YEARS BEFORE WE EVEN ARE COMPETATIVE AGAIN. :angry:
Lets hope they come to life in minnesota but remember the twinkies kicked us every which way last year and the way we're playing well we'll see.

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Both Wills & Melton said that after this series if the Sox get swept or even just break even there has to be some kind of change coming.

I don't see it happening, but at this point I wouldn't mind seeing it. This team needs something to happen, and fast. My only concern is who they bring in for Manuel, if they do ax him.

Iguana775
06-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I don't see it happening, but at this point I wouldn't mind seeing it. This team needs something to happen, and fast. My only concern is who they bring in for Manuel, if they do ax him.

I'll do it!!! :-) just pay me the minimum. thats all i ask. lol

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
I'll do it!!! :-) just pay me the minimum. thats all i ask. lol

No offense Iggy, but I'd rather see Mike Tyson as Sox manager.
:)

Iguana775
06-23-2002, 10:35 PM
LOL.....at least they would have some character then. maybe bite a few opponents.

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
LOL.....at least they would have some character then. maybe bite a few opponents.

Marte looks like he would do something like that.

Soxheads
06-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

No offense Iggy, but I'd rather see Mike Tyson as Sox manager.
:)
Yeah, I'd be much better, so don't even try!

Does Gardenhire have any children for Tyson to eat?

ma-gaga
06-24-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Does Gardenhire have any children for Tyson to eat?

Yes, two. A boy and a girl. Apparently the boy is normal, but his girl is a "bizo" according to my sister who goes to school with her.

:) Inside information.

soxtalker
06-24-2002, 12:54 AM
ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE , BECAUSE IF WE GET SWEPT 10 GAMES BACK AND YOU CAN REALLY START THINKING ABOUT J.r. DUMPING EVERYONE FROM THIS TEAM, IT WILL BE ANOTHER 10 YEARS BEFORE WE EVEN ARE COMPETATIVE AGAIN. :angry:

I would at this point welcome another white flag trade as well as a change in the management area. (I think that is the quickest way for us to get back into contention.) The problem is that it looks to me like their hands are tied with respect to player movements. Teams are going to be very reluctant to make trades as long as a strike hangs over their heads. That keeps the Sox from moving Valentine, Clayton, Durham, Lee, etc., which probably keeps Crede down on the farm. And the Sox won't bring up anyone who can be kept on a minor league roster during a strike.

It looks to me like the most we can expect is a coach to go or maybe the manager. I know that many will like the latter, but I think that the problems go much deeper.

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Apparently the boy is normal, but his girl is a "bizo" according to my sister who goes to school with her. Bizo????

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
:) Inside information.

Another WSI Exclusive.

Cheryl
06-24-2002, 08:23 AM
What's a bizo?

harwar
06-24-2002, 09:44 AM
Also any other owner in either league would have said something by now with this team playing like this but unless I've missed something I've heard nothing from J.R. so I take it he could care less.

Jerry reinsdorf is the one who created this nightmare.When Shu left everyone in the baseball world was shocked by his hiring of kenny williams.Dan Evans had done his time on the White Sox and was ready to take over.He rightly quit in anger and disgust when williams was hired over him.Reinsdorf was so eager to jump on the PR possibility of being the first team with an african-american GM & manager that he just couldn't help himself,no matter what the consequenses.Evans was ridiculed at first as he learned the dodgers system and the NL.He knew the AL inside and out and helped build the White Soxs' young talent.Ken williams(as expected)has TOTALLY mismanaged the young talent pool while over on the west coast Dan Evans,after learning the ropes over there,has pulled off some good deals(Odales Perez)and built a very good team that very well may win the NL west.Meanwhile,the White Sox are seriously thinking about rebuilding now,again..How unbelievable is that!Make no mistake about who is calling all the shots in this organization.Until that f#cking @sshole jerry reinsDORF either dies or sells the White Sox,we will NEVER have a winner.

ChiSoxBobette
06-24-2002, 10:17 AM
I hate to say it but yes I think j.r. has to sell this team to someone who is interested in baseball ,winning baseball. He just does'nt seem to care if he did strike or no strike looming something would have been said, would Steinbrenner have sat there and let manuel manage this team like this, no . Steinbrenner earlier this year was ragging on torre a manager who has taken the yankees to and won world series for them. Our owner has said nothing , this is a joke if the sox were in another division we would have been talking about next year about 2 weeks ago. I have weekend season tickets and its like I'm not even excited about going to the park. I see some of these players and it looks like they are'nt trying , ordonez has'nt shown nothing in the last 3 weeks, everyone was hoping by bringing in lofton he would spark durham and help him with his baserunning durham is a listless could care less player lately, valentine talks about certain players not even trying out on the field like they've given up already and then I see him in philly & atlanta not even running hard down to 1st base, c lee only plays well against the flubs, lofton is hurt and should be sitting until hes healed, we don't have a 3rd baseman - valentine has shown the last few games he does'nt want to play there, clayton is a great fielder but you can't have a s.s. in the american league who consistently hits below .200, and two catchers - one alamar who seems to be done due to ijuries and johnson who just stops hitting . Then we have a manager that after whatever amount of time hes been managing our team he still makes moves like the changing of the lineup everyday , moves he makes with the pitching staff, coaches who for a few games lose all knowledge of baseball- the couple of games that we had how many players picked off base let alone I think 3rd base.