PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox trade for Embree

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Padres deal Embree in four-player trade (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0623/1398150.html)

duke of dorwood
06-23-2002, 10:17 PM
:embree

Told you I'd be on the Sox again

Craptastic
06-24-2002, 12:59 PM
See, this is what a good general manager like Kevin Towers can do for a baseball team. He's taken waiver-wire garbage like Embree and passed him off on someone else for a decent prospect. He has a long track record of doing this (Ed Sprague for Dennis Tankersley, Jay Witasick for D'Angelo Jimenez, etc.), and that's why the Padres are one of the up-and-coming teams in the NL. Ken Williams, on the other hand, is the type of GM who would most likely be on the other end of this deal.

--
"I'm trying to drink away the part of the day that I can't sleep away" -- Isaac Brock

Paulwny
06-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Craptastic
See, this is what a good general manager like Kevin Towers can do for a baseball team. He's taken waiver-wire garbage like Embree and passed him off on someone else for a decent prospect.

I think this was a good trade for both teams.
Boston received a much needed left handed reliever to face the yankmees. Embree pitched against NY Sat. and struck out 7 in 3 innings.
Embree in 36 gms. and 28.2 innings has an era of 0.94, 38k's, 9bb and 10 holds.
Amazing the numbers some pitchers are putting up after they leave the sox.

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 03:01 PM
:nardi

Official Laughing Stock of Baseball

Iwritecode
06-24-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Amazing the numbers some pitchers are putting up after they leave the sox.

Even more amazing is the fact that neither JR or KW even realize this. I'm beginning to think that Nardi has some photos that JR doesn't want made public...

:nardi
bwa ha ha ha ha!!!