PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sweep of the Year

hold2dibber
06-23-2002, 09:35 PM
After yet another bitterly disappointing sweep (the fifth this year!), I was wondering which people thought was the worst (not an easy call, that's for sure).

HawkDJ
06-23-2002, 09:51 PM
I think its an easy call. The Yankees series. I think we were 7 or 8 games over .500 and were playing good, beat Boston 2 out of 3. Afer that we lost our next 4 and plunged to where we are now. We bounced back from the A's sweep and kind of from the Angels sweep. The Braves sweep isn't terrible since we weren't playing too well anyways.

Chisox_cali
06-23-2002, 10:02 PM
DAMN! I was going to vote for the Angels one but I clicked the yankees one instead!! BLAST!

Well If I voted for the right one, It was because I was there for that sweep!!! Horrible...Ralley Monkeys Everywhere. Still gives me nightmares.

baggio202
06-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
DAMN! I was going to vote for the Angels one but I clicked the yankees one instead!! BLAST!

Well If I voted for the right one, It was because I was there for that sweep!!! Horrible...Ralley Monkeys Everywhere. Still gives me nightmares.

i voted for that one too..that danny wright game was the worst ive ever seen

Chisox_cali
06-23-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

i voted for that one too..that danny wright game was the worst ive ever seen

Nothing like seeing it live and in person. :angry:

Procol Harum
06-23-2002, 11:37 PM
To think that we've got a poll like this before June is done puts things in pretty grim perspective. I vote for the Angels sweep, too.

TheBigHurt
06-24-2002, 12:08 AM
I voted for the yankees sweep becuase the Sox were never the same after that.

doublem23
06-24-2002, 12:58 AM
The Indians sweep. I hate them so much.

Chisox353014
06-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Yankees was by far the worst. We had 2 of those games won and blew them both. That was the turning point of the season so far. We've been horrible ever since.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-24-2002, 11:43 AM
I voted for the Angels sweep in early May. Someone pointed out elsewhere that the offense was already cooling off in that period, but so what? We were cooling off from being the hottest offense in baseball. It was a time for leaving well enough alone.

Not Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel. He started screwing around with the lineup that first week of May. After the Angels sweep, he dialed up his tinkering even more.

Now we're to the point where even the ballplayers don't know what The Tinkerer intends to do from one day to the next. He's lost his team. Even Konerko the suck-up said he isn't sure what to expect anymore.

The Angels sweep gave Manuel all the excuse he needed to start screwing around big-time with our offense. There is no end in sight.

For me, this wasn't a hard choice.

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I voted for the Angels sweep in early May. Someone pointed out elsewhere that the offense was already cooling off in that period, but so what? We were cooling off from being the hottest offense in baseball. It was a time for leaving well enough alone.

Not Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel. He started screwing around with the lineup that first week of May. After the Angels sweep, he dialed up his tinkering even more.

Now we're to the point where even the ballplayers don't know what The Tinkerer intends to do from one day to the next. He's lost his team. Even Konerko the suck-up said he isn't sure what to expect anymore.

The Angels sweep gave Manuel all the excuse he needed to start screwing around big-time with our offense. There is no end in sight.

I agree, but Lofton has to start hitting.