PDA

View Full Version : Phil Cuzzi

mzh
07-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Continues the streak of bad umpiring while costing the Giants a win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Another-costly-blown-call-Umpire-robs-Giants-of?urn=mlb,256711

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10046177&topic_id=8879100&c_id=sf

MLB needs to do something about some of these umps. Guys like West and Cuzzi seem to think people go to the park to see them and not the players.

VMSNS
07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Seeing things like this makes my blood boil, especially when goons like Phil Cuzzi and Joe West are in the middle of it.

Madvora
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't know. This one looks pretty close. Even after a couple of slow motion replays it's not really clear. It kind of looks like the runner's foot bounces over the plate before any part of his body touches it.
Either way it's not something that was as clear as the perfect game call. When you're making the call right at that moment, this could go either way.

Coops4Aces
07-19-2010, 02:05 PM
What new? I honestly can't believe this guy still has a job. It'd be like me constantly putting incorrect figures on the company's income statement and have the boss say "no big deal, you got most of the numbers right."

I don't know. This one looks pretty close. Even after a couple of slow motion replays it's not really clear. It kind of looks like the runner's foot bounces over the plate before any part of his body touches it.
Either way it's not something that was as clear as the perfect game call. When you're making the call right at that moment, this could go either way.

Wrong, just wrong. This is a relatively easy call to make. It wasn't really even close.

And how could anyone still be against instant replay at this point? No argument against it here...

jdm2662
07-19-2010, 02:32 PM

When Henry Blanco flat out said he was safe all the way, that was enough evidence of how close it is.

chisoxjtrain
07-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I never knew all it took was a "decent attempt" to get the call.