PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf Speaks Out

RKMeibalane
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
:reinsy

"Good evening, Chicago White Sox fans. It brings me great joy and pleasure to speak to you once again. However, my presence here is not a joyous occasion. I am here because I feel that you must understand why this team has been struggling, as well as what can be done to improve its performance in the coming weeks. With that in mind, it is with great sadness that I inform you that the Sox's recent struggles are your fault.

"I know this is not something any of you wanted to hear, and it took a great effort for me to even say those words, but it is true. The lack of fan support at Chicago White Sox home games is the primary reason for the continued mediocre performances of this ballclub.

"It is not the fault of Jerry Manuel, nor is it the responsibility of Kenny Williams that this team has underachieved for the better part of this season. The blame can be placed firmly on one group of people, and that is each and every one of you, the fans. It is your fault that Mr. Williams, who has done an excellent job since replacing Ron Schueler at the end of the 2000 season, has been unable to accquire veteran pitchers to anchor the young, inexperienced pitching staff of this ballclub.

"It is also your fault that Royce Clayton has once again failed to remain consistent at the plate. You have not provided the support he has needed during this difficult time; therefore, he does not have the necessary motivation to become a better hitter. Perhaps if you would attend games on a regular basis, his performance would improve. Mr. Williams and I figured out that Royce is hitting .330 when playing before crowds greater than 30,000 fans.

"In closing, White Sox fans, I urge you to support this ballclub, because it is capapble of great things in the coming weeks and months. It is your responsibility to attend games and lend your support to these players. I am perfectly willing to spend money, provided I am compensated for my efforts by all of you, because it is your money that will return the World Series to this great city. Thankyou."