PDA

View Full Version : Sox drop 2 in a row 7/17 Postgame thread

doublem23
07-17-2010, 08:05 PM
At least they lost quickly, so there's still time to gallivant about town.

07-17-2010, 08:06 PM
**** it, just swipe home plate next time.

spongyfungy
We just got Pavanowned

Baron
Konerko is really pissing me off.Second time in a row he struck out because he was swinging at garbage

manders_01
07-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Heart breaking end there. Omar gave us hope but it was not be be. :(:

Get 'em tomorrow guys!!!

BigHurt3515
Paulie in crunch time lately= embarassing

WhiteSox5187
That was a ****ing pitiful AB by Paulie. As soon as he was down 0-1 he started to press. God. We should have won all three of these games.

hi im skot
Can't win the division if you can't beat the other teams in it.

Win tomorrow - a split is fine.

Can I have the last two hours of my life back please?

Domeshot17
Offense really needs some help

cleanwsox
Guess it doesn't matter if they have a dome or not. We still suck it up in Twinkieville.

Paulie with two horrible at bats the last 2 games in the clutch. Oh well, split tomorrow please. We faced their two best pitchers the last two games, now.. lets rock Blackburn.

LITTLE NELL
07-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Tough loss.
Well pitched.
Well played.
Our 2 top RBI guys couldn't come through in the 9th.
Get them on Sunday for a split which I will take anytime in Minny.

manders_01
Can I have the last two hours of my left back please?

Would you like your right as well? Sorry. :D:

doublem23
Konerko is really pissing me off.Second time in a row he struck out because he was swinging at garbage

It's hard to sit back and wait for a guy when he's thrown over 75% of his pitches for strikes. Paulie was the reason we were even within 90 feet of tying the game up today, it's not like he was the only one flailing at the disappearing change up tonight.

hi im skot
People are forgetting that Konerko was our offense tonight. Sucks he couldn't get the big hit, but neither could Quentin.

doublem23
07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
People are forgetting that Konerko was our offense tonight. Sucks he couldn't get the big hit, but neither could Quentin.

Or anyone else.

Pavano mowed through our lineup tonight.

:shrug:

A win tomorrow and we get the split. I think 99% of us would have been happy with that going into the game Thursday.

Baron
07-17-2010, 08:10 PM
It's hard to sit back and wait for a guy when he's thrown over 75% of his pitches for strikes. Paulie was the reason we were even within 90 feet of tying the game up today, it's not like he was the only one flailing at the disappearing change up tonight.

He has done it twice.....3 piches

Crede24Thome25
I am beyond ****ing pissed, I dare ozzie to say we don't need any additions.
Can't even score 3 ****ing runs, ****ing pathetic :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:: angry::angry::angry::angry:.
Metrodome or not we ****ing suck in MINNY!

doublem23
He has done it twice.....3 piches

:violin:

He also drove in our only 2 runs tonight. Baseball is hard.

Rdy2PlayBall
*deleted overreaction* Just want to note I'm not happy with Konerko not being able to get the easiest 9th inning game tying RBI of his life.

Let get 10 in a row starting tomorrow. Tomorrow is a must-win if the Sox want to keep the confidence of the short-term memory type Sox fan.

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Or anyone else.

A win tomorrow and we get the split. I think 99% of us would have been happy with that going into the game Thursday.

Yep. I still think we need another bat, though the way Pavano was pitching tonight, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

doublem23
Here's the start of the Konerko slump we have been waiting for. At least when it comes to being near-perfect in clutch situations. I hope not, but he's ****ed up 2 days in a row, having HORRIBLE at-bats. The Sox need a bat, I can't stand these kinds of losses. God I hate the Twins.

Let get 10 in a row starting tomorrow. Tomorrow is a must-win if the Sox want to keep the confidence of the short-term memory type Sox fan.

Konerko account for 100% of our runs.

Shut up.

Jerko
Farmio thinks Pavano was throwing a spitter fwiw.

Baron
:violin:

He also drove in our only 2 runs tonight. Baseball is hard.

Sure he did but does that excuse him from a crap at bat? Absolutely not

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Here's the start of the Konerko slump we have been waiting for. At least when it comes to being near-perfect in clutch situations. I hope not, but he's ****ed up 2 days in a row, having HORRIBLE at-bats. The Sox need a bat, I can't stand these kinds of losses. God I hate the Twins.

If 2-4 with 2 RBIs is a slump, I look forward to him slumping all the way to the World Series parade.

beasly213
*deleted over-reaction*

Wow....Here is the start to Konerkos slump? He had 2 hits! :scratch:

doublem23
Worst part about this loss? According to Jim follows.

Tragg
07-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Sure we need another bat. But what's that going to win this team?

Anyway, there definite upgrades available for taking salary.

Frustrating not to score a run in the 9th. But as someone said above, baseball is hard.

Blueprint1
Hopefully the bats come alive tomorrow. If we score runs we win.

LongLiveFisk
I only saw the first half of the game but I get the impression Mark only pitched one bad inning and it cost him the game.

That blows. :mad:

ohthosechisox
Can I have the last two hours of my life back please?

Same. I should have gone to see Inception.

The offense should be able to score some runs off of Blackburn tomorrow. Hope Freddy and the defense will be up to par as well.

beasly213
Konerko account for 100% of our runs.

Shut up.

+1 I'm shocked how bad everyone is freaking out after two loses. Like you said earlier dub a win tomorrow and we split...and everyone will be happy with that. Jeeze.

Baron
I dont know about anybody else but I need a drink after this one

Pablo_Honey
I sense dark clouds looming over us pretty pretty soon.

hi im skot

WHERE DID I HIDE THE REMOTE?!? OH GOD!!

Phew. HGTV...much better.

doublem23
07-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Sure he did but does that excuse him from a crap at bat? Absolutely not

Perhaps if, you know, one of the other 8 guys in the lineup bothered to do anything, Konerko wouldn't need to have carried this team across the finish line.

Lots of blame to go around. Konerko was the only guy who bothered to show up tonight.

Rdy2PlayBall
Wow....Here is the start to Konerkos slump? He had 2 hits! :scratch:I deleted that part and said it was an over-reaction. In my defense, I said during clutch moments. He's 0 for 2 in the past two days.

I'd rather have said "**** **** **** :angry: mother****er **** ******* Greg Walker **** **** Paul Konerko... :angry::angry:"
then I can't get called out for overreacting. :tongue:

TomParrish79
Just hope these two wins don't get the Twins back playing great again

doublem23
WHERE DID I HIDE THE REMOTE?!? OH GOD!!

Phew. HGTV...much better.

American Gangster on TNT.

ShoelessJoeS
Worst part about this loss? According to Jim follows.Hahaha! Ain't that the truth.

Baron
Perhaps if, you know, one of the other 8 guys in the lineup bothered to do anything, Konerko wouldn't need to have carried this team across the finish line.

Lots of blame to go around. Konerko was the only guy who bothered to show up tonight.

In no way am I taking blame off the rest of the lineup today.Absolutely dismal performance by them

manders_01
07-17-2010, 08:15 PM
American Gangster on TNT.

Shrek 2 on TBS :D:

Baron
07-17-2010, 08:15 PM

House on BRAVO

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I deleted that part and said it was an over-reaction. In my defense, I said during clutch moments. He's 0 for 2 in the past two days.

Quentin also failed to come through, but no one's jumping on him.

mcsoxfan
07-17-2010, 08:16 PM
All I wanted a split so the twins would gain no ground. But the Sox should have on the verge of sweep with better defense and offense execution.
All we needed was for Konerko to get the ball in the air, not even a hit and he couldn't do it.

The Sox in general have terrible execution against these softball pitchers. Batter after batter tries to pull these guys instead of going to the opposite field.

And ironically, he says we don't need anything.
I like to see Fielder batting clean-up and Konerko batting 6th.
Win,lose or draw it will be time to cut the strings with Paulie after this season.

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Win,lose or draw it will time to cut the strings with Paulie after this season.

Honest question - why?

doublem23
The Sox in general have terrible execution against these softball pitchers. Batter after batter tries to pull these guys instead of going to the opposite field.

Pavano is actually having a good season. I know most people think about his time spent on the DL in New York, but before that, he was a highly regarded young pitcher. Dude's got some talent.

Crede24Thome25
Now I wish ozzie did rest him a 2nd day, can lillibridge play rightfield :tongue:

Rdy2PlayBall
07-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Quentin also failed to come through, but no one's jumping on him.A base-hit is harder than a long pop-out or well placed ground out. I'm mad at him too, but PK could have at least made contact.

LITTLE NELL
Honest question - why?

Me too.

delben91
From the Predict the Twins Series Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2555395&postcount=3)

W-L-L-W

This is not based off of pitching matchups or any statistical analysis, or even a gut feeling.

Rather this is from my desire to see the maximum emotional swing in threads on WSI. A win in the first game will seal the deal that the Sox are going to run away with the division and are unstoppable by anyone less than the '27 Yankees. Two consecutive losses will result in ulogies for the entire team and perhaps even death sentences for next season. The final game win will get us back where we started :cool:

I exaggerate of course. Maybe.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. :cool:

doublem23
All we needed was for Konerko to get the ball in the air, not even a hit and he couldn't do it.

And Rios and Quentin couldn't get the ball out of the infield.

:chillpill:

Rdy2PlayBall
07-17-2010, 08:19 PM
From the Predict the Twins Series Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2555395&postcount=3)
I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. :cool:I wish you warned us about bad baseball and heartbreaks. Hopefully your right.

*edit* HOLY CRAP YOU DID :thud:

Iron Dragon2
07-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Um, ok. They lost 2 in a row. 26-7 in the last 33. Relax.

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:20 PM
A base-hit is harder than a long pop-out or well placed ground out. I'm mad at him too, but PK could have at least made contact.

Depending on the situation, they can be equally difficult - especially when the pitcher is dealing.

Pavano aced Konerko in that at-bat.

happydude

It's not that PK failed to come through; as Doub said, baseball is "hard" and no one can be, per se, expected to come through in any situation. In that at bat, though, he looked overmatched and that was similar to last night's late at bat. We gotta find something; no fun in the proverbial "tipping of the cap".

sox1970
Disappointing loss, but when the Sox beat Blackburn tomorrow, they'll have achieved what they needed to do...get the split. And with the Tigers losing two against Cleveland, it's four games off the schedule and move on to Seattle.

Nelfox02
07-17-2010, 08:21 PM
true statement, a split works, count me among the 99% that would accepted that as a positive start to this trip

problem is that now there is no margin for error to get the split, lose tomorrow and its a 1-3 clunker start and a nice invite for this team to get back in the race, I think 100% of us would be dissapointed with that result going into this series

You give away a game with sloppy D yesterday, and altho Pavano pitched well (and I am not surprised he did) you had to at least get this one tied, man on second, no out, and 3-4-5 coming up

I said on the gamethread, would have rather just seen it go 1-2-3 in the ninth than something like that

tomorrow by no means a must win, but its a big one, no doubt

WhiteSox5187
07-17-2010, 08:21 PM
+1 I'm shocked how bad everyone is freaking out after two loses. Like you said earlier dub a win tomorrow and we split...and everyone will be happy with that. Jeeze.

It's not the two losses that irritate me, it's that we lost two winnable games. We should have won all three of these games, yesterday it was on the defense. Today it's really on the heart of the order. Rios at least moved him over, but it would have been better to drive him in obviously, Konerko had a miserable AB (he was pressing) and then Quentin couldn't come through.

I'm worried about Quentin. He needs to have so many things clicking for him to be successful. If ONE thing goes wrong with his swing, he goes back into the pop up mode he was in earlier.

LITTLE NELL
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Depending on the situation, they can be equally difficult - especially when the pitcher is dealing.

Pavano aced Konerko in that at-bat.

Exactly, give Pavano some credit, the guy has won 11 games.

spongyfungy
07-17-2010, 08:25 PM
regularly scheduled programming after white sox baseball is According to Jim. Can this night get any worse?

JermaineDye05
07-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Someone wanna explain what happened? Gameday is frozen at top 6 2 outs :angry:

I just got home.

Nelfox02
07-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Win,lose or draw it will be time to cut the strings with Paulie after this season.

plan on replacing him? Not calling Konerko a gold glover, but the idea of Tank at 1B next year does not excite me do you want him digging out throws from TCM and block hand Teahen? yikes

sox1970
07-17-2010, 08:27 PM
regularly scheduled programming after white sox baseball is According to Jim. Can this night get any worse?

:rolling:

Rdy2PlayBall
07-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Pavano aced Konerko in that at-bat.Quentin's situation was probably harder considering the 2outs... :?:
Either way, PK did not take good cuts at the ball, he was very impatient. He got to Pavano 2 times already, you'd think he'd not be over matched and look foolish just because it was the 9th inning. Pavano stepped up his game, PK didn't do the same.

I don't believe in tipping caps, so I have to blame PK.

doublem23
07-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Quentin's situation was probably harder considering the 2outs... :?:
Either way, PK did not take good cuts at the ball, he was very impatient. He got to Pavano 2 times already, you'd think he'd not be over matched and look foolish just because it was the 9th inning. Pavano stepped up his game, PK didn't do the same.

Yeah, that's why everybody in baseball hits .800 every year.

Pure hilarity. Jesus Christ.

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Quentin's situation was probably harder considering the 2outs... :?:

They both had jobs to do, and they both failed. It happens.

I don't like Pavano so much myself, but he deserves some credit. After all, as you mention, "he stepped up his game" in a crucial situation.

Konerko's at-bat was ugly, yes (again, with plenty of credit going to Pavano), but as others have pointed out, we didn't lose the game because of him; in fact, we were in the game because of Konerko.

Coops4Aces
07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Farmio thinks Pavano was throwing a spitter fwiw.

He also thought a twins reliever on Thursday was using pine tar.

As for Konerko, yeah he kept us in the game, but that doesn't mean I can't be pissed for that horrendous at-bat. I mean, I still love the guy, just upset.

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Also, when Sox pitchers throw a good game, do you give them credit, or do you just decide they pitched well because the hitters they faced sucked?

http://images.radcity.net/5145/4254248.jpg

Sometimes good pitching beats good hitting.

hi im skot
07-17-2010, 08:35 PM

Hawk and Farmer have become the same person.

This is horrifying news.

october23sp
07-17-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm sick of losing to the Twins.

SCCWS
07-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Pure hilarity. Jesus Christ.

He probably doesn't expect the .800 but he can't understand why PK does not drive in 200 runs.

LongLiveFisk
07-17-2010, 08:47 PM
http://images.radcity.net/5145/4254248.jpg

Looks way too much like Alan Thicke. :lol:

Hitmen77
07-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Or anyone else.

Yesterday was the game we should have won. We gave that one away. Today's looked like the toughest chance to win coming in to this series.

If we didn't give them 5 unearned runs yesterday, we'd be looking at 2 of 3 (so far) in Minnesota and there wouldn't be much to complain about.

...and yes, if we win and get the split I'll be happy. We were the ones up 3.5 games. The Twins are the ones who don't want a split.

stevied23
07-17-2010, 09:38 PM
This opening series after the all star break is really going to set a tone for how the rest of the season could go, IMO. Playing solid defense, getting timely hits, and quality starts is going to define the Sox for the rest of the season. The past 2 games have shown what will happen if they don't have things together. However, I'm confident in a Sox win tomorrow and hopefully will put many more series wins together.

bunty_doghunter
07-17-2010, 09:40 PM

They also had the fans blowing out.

Hitmen77
07-17-2010, 09:41 PM
One good thing about today is that Buehrle gave our bullpen a night off. Our top relievers have now had 2 days in a row off since only Pena and Threets pitched in relief yesterday.

bunty_doghunter
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't know about that. 8 game winning streak going in - I think we were looking for more.

Hitmen77
07-17-2010, 09:44 PM
This opening series after the all star break is really going to set a tone for how the rest of the season could go, IMO. Playing solid defense, getting timely hits, and quality starts is going to define the Sox for the rest of the season. The past 2 games have shown what will happen if they don't have things together. However, I'm confident in a Sox win tomorrow and hopefully will put many more series wins together.

If we play ****ty defense like we did the first two games, then I'm certain we're headed for a 3rd place finish.

If we can play good defense then I like our chances to win the division even without another bat (....but I still want Kenny to get another bat.:cool:)

stevied23
07-17-2010, 09:45 PM
If we play ****ty defense like we did the first two games, then I'm certain we're headed for a 3rd place finish.

If we can play good defense then I like our chances to win the division even without another bat (....but I still want Kenny to get another bat.:cool:)

Agreed. Who would you like to see?

october23sp
07-17-2010, 10:09 PM
2 games under .500 vs AL teams.

ChiSoxGirl
07-17-2010, 10:09 PM

Yes, it can. You could literally be running through downtown Minneapolis with tornado sirens blaring in the distance, trying to stay out of an epic thunderstorm, while dodging street fair tents/equipment, blowing port-o-potties, and newspaper boxes like JB98 & I did about an hour and a half ago! :o: We were inches from being hit by two newspaper boxes! After seeking shelter underneath three different awnings and having tents and other street fair things blow at us, someone came out of the Target corporate building and another person seeking shelter caught the door before it closed, thus giving us a dry place to wait out the most epic thunderstorm I've ever been caught in. This trip has been classic, to say the least!

Brian26
07-17-2010, 10:12 PM

You're on borrowed time here. The act is getting old.

Brian26
07-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Brian26
07-17-2010, 10:22 PM
They also had the fans blowing out.

Quentin08
07-17-2010, 10:34 PM
When was the last time the Sox had a walk-off or go-ahead hit in the 9th? I can't remember the last time.. even through this hot streak we didn't have to come through in the 9th much, if any.

Hitmen77
07-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Agreed. Who would you like to see?

Well, I'll go off the deep pink end here and say Prince Fielder would be fantastic. If we got him, I like our chances to play well into October. But that's just fantasyland. I don't think the Sox have the prospects to get him even for just a 2 month rental.

Oh, and another positive from tonight's game was that Beckham again had a hit. He does seem to be coming around and that could be big for us down the stretch.

stevied23
07-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, I'll go off the deep pink end here and say Prince Fielder would be fantastic. If we got him, I like our chances to play well into October. But that's just fantasyland. I don't think the Sox have the prospects to get him even for just a 2 month rental.

Oh, and another positive from tonight's game was that Beckham again had a hit. He does seem to be coming around and that could be big for us down the stretch.

Why do we need to give them prospects? Linebrink and Teahan will do just fine! :tongue:

doublem23
07-17-2010, 10:40 PM
When was the last time the Sox had a walk-off or go-ahead hit in the 9th? I can't remember the last time.. even through this hot streak we didn't have to come through in the 9th much, if any.

Kotsay in Texas a few weeks ago.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201007020.shtml

LongLiveFisk
07-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes, it can. You could literally be running through downtown Minneapolis with tornado sirens blaring in the distance, trying to stay out of an epic thunderstorm, while dodging street fair tents/equipment, blowing port-o-potties, and newspaper boxes like JB98 & I did about an hour and a half ago! :o: We were inches from being hit by two newspaper boxes! After seeking shelter underneath three different awnings and having tents and other street fair things blow at us, someone came out of the Target corporate building and another person seeking shelter caught the door before it closed, thus giving us a dry place to wait out the most epic thunderstorm I've ever been caught in. This trip has been classic, to say the least!

And to think I envied you for being there. Yikes!

Quentin08
07-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Kotsay in Texas a few weeks ago.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201007020.shtml

Oh yeah, I was on vacation that week and missed that game. Hopefully we'll see some more clutch hitting.. but then again hopefully we won't need it.

GoGoCrede
07-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Just got home, missed the entire game...I hope people aren't too hysterical tonight. There is still a chance for the split. :smile: And from the look of it, Buehrle did all right? It's just the offense that needs to get it together.

Rdy2PlayBall
07-17-2010, 11:01 PM

Pure hilarity. Jesus Christ.Just wanted to make sure you knew it was a comment that was supposed to stop the fighting. I don't like giving other players credit, because then I'm saying they were better. It wasn't Konerko being outmatched, it was him messing up (because Konerko is oobbbviously better :wink:). It wasn't meant to be taken seriosuly, I know some players (a lot) are better than who we have on the Sox, and tipping of the cap is sometimes due. I don't know why we had to bring Jesus into this. :tongue:

I think a win tomorrow will cure all my doubt about the Sox right now, at least todays game was played solid, and was a fair loss. Yes Konerko had the chance to tie it. So did Rios and Quentin... but it wasn't like there was 4 errors and bad pitching. One inning was the only fluke of the game.

PeteWard
07-17-2010, 11:25 PM

Thank you. People need to get a grip and remember that before this series he had an incredible run of two-out RBIs. He may have even gotten some in this series.

PeteWard
07-17-2010, 11:27 PM

Ugh!! Salt in the wound. :redneck

PeteWard
07-17-2010, 11:30 PM
All I wanted a split so the twins would gain no ground. But the Sox should have on the verge of sweep with better defense and offense execution.

And ironically, he says we don't need anything.
I like to see Fielder batting clean-up and Konerko batting 6th.

:rolleyes:Twinks fans saying the same thing about game 1, plus they let the Sox back in yesterday.

PeteWard
07-17-2010, 11:37 PM

Considering the Sox have been ahead of their opponents late something like 25 of 32 times, it kinda reduces the odds of such an event, no?

Slappy
07-17-2010, 11:57 PM
:tiphat:

Nellie_Fox
07-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Yes, it can. You could literally be running through downtown Minneapolis with tornado sirens blaring in the distance, trying to stay out of an epic thunderstorm, while dodging street fair tents/equipment, blowing port-o-potties, and newspaper boxes like JB98 & I did about an hour and a half ago! :o: We were inches from being hit by two newspaper boxes! After seeking shelter underneath three different awnings and having tents and other street fair things blow at us, someone came out of the Target corporate building and another person seeking shelter caught the door before it closed, thus giving us a dry place to wait out the most epic thunderstorm I've ever been caught in. This trip has been classic, to say the least!I'm glad you're okay! Did you get good seats tonight? I enjoyed meeting you guys last night.

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2010, 12:31 AM
And to think I envied you for being there. Yikes!

It was unbelievable! The rain was so fierce and we were running so fast that I had to ditch my flip flops and run barefoot down the streets of downtown! My flops and feet were soaked and I didn't want to slip and possibly hurt myself, so I figured running with them in my hands was the best option.

whitesox4eva
07-18-2010, 12:32 AM
House on BRAVO

Thats what I was watching. :bandance:

Baron
07-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Thats what I was watching. :bandance:

and Im still watching it :D:

Nellie_Fox
07-18-2010, 01:26 AM
It was unbelievable! The rain was so fierce and we were running so fast that I had to ditch my flip flops and run barefoot down the streets of downtown! My flops and feet were soaked and I didn't want to slip and possibly hurt myself, so I figured running with them in my hands was the best option.Straight-line winds were hitting 70-80 MPH in parts of southern Minnesota tonight. We missed most of the worst here in Mankato.

guillensdisciple
07-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Garcia is our stopper.

SOXSINCE'70
07-18-2010, 09:52 AM

I chose "Pit Boss" on Animal Planet.:D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Garcia is our stopper.

Getaway day+ Sweaty Freddy= WIN.
Also, of Garcia's 9 victories, 7 have followed a loss.

JB98
07-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm glad you're okay! Did you get good seats tonight? I enjoyed meeting you guys last night.

Unfortunately, there were no seats within our price range available for Saturday's game. Two members of our group decided to pay the inflated StubHub rates. ChiSoxGirl and myself opted to watch the game at a bar near the stadium. In retrospect, we probably should have stayed at the bar when the game ended. In any case, we were unharmed by the storm. We just got wet. Worse things have happened.

It was good meeting you Friday, Nellie. Aside from a lack of sleep, I've enjoyed my stay in Minnesota. We'll be heading back to Chicago this afternoon.

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm glad you're okay! Did you get good seats tonight? I enjoyed meeting you guys last night.

It was great meeting you, too! Too bad the Sox lost and the evening went by so quickly.

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Straight-line winds were hitting 70-80 MPH in parts of southern Minnesota tonight. We missed most of the worst here in Mankato.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. The way the wind was blowing last night... well, I've never been caught in anything like it before. I'd guess the winds were blowing AT LEAST 60 mph!

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2010, 10:23 PM
One more thing.... Pictures from our Minnesota road trip have been uploaded and approved in the WSI Members, Others Parks, and Current Players galleries. Go check 'em out!