PDA

View Full Version : award for most unlikely cycle ever.....

Coops4Aces
07-16-2010, 11:58 PM
.....goes to Bengie frickin Molina! In Fenway, he legged out a triple in the 8th to complete the cycle. Of course, he was then removed from the game for leg tightness.

Peter Gammons sums it up perfectly, "Benny Molina has the cycle. The end is near"

Congrats Bengie

BleacherBandit
07-16-2010, 11:59 PM
.....goes to Bengie frickin Molina! In Fenway, he legged out a triple in the 8th to complete the cycle. Of course, he was then removed from the game for leg tightness.

Peter Gammons sums it up perfectly, "Benny Molina has the cycle. The end is near"

Congrats Bengie

This will probably be the sign of the apocalypse in next week's Sports Illustrated.

First cycle this year?

Boondock Saint
07-17-2010, 12:16 AM
This has been one bat**** crazy season. No-no's and perfect games out the wazoo, and Benji Molina gets a triple. I might just see what odds I can get for Juan Pierre hitting four HR's in one game.

TDog
07-17-2010, 12:13 PM
This has been one bat**** crazy season. No-no's and perfect games out the wazoo, and Benji Molina gets a triple. I might just see what odds I can get for Juan Pierre hitting four HR's in one game.

Freddie Patek never hit more than six home runs in a season, but near the end of his 14-year career, hie hit three in one game. Joe Cowley pitched a no-hitter and never won another game. Paul Konerko hit an inside-the-park home run. I believe Ron Karkovice hit an inside-the-park grand slam. Marc Hill scored from second base on a sacrifice fly.

I've seen and heard of a lot of weird stuff in baseball. But nothing surprises me more than Benji Molina hitting for the cycle. In my imagination can see him rounding second base, winded and slowing down and wondering what he must have been thinking.

Probably that Buster Posey isn't hitting for no cycle tonight.

What amazes me is that Benji Molina is so much better since moving to the American League. It must be the hitting coach the Rangers hitting coach.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-17-2010, 12:44 PM
...and on the ONE FREAKING DAY I bench him for Ivan Rodriguez...:angry:

daveeym
07-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Uh oh is Benjie and his mom going to hit the networks talking about how it's bad to mock his speed? Edit:video pulled, espn's slow mo chariot of fire replay of molina rounding third.

Nellie_Fox
07-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Reminds me of watching Ed Herrmann running out a triple. By the time he chugged into third, the entire Sox dugout was in convulsions.

TomBradley72
07-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Reminds me of watching Ed Herrmann running out a triple. By the time he chugged into third, the entire Sox dugout was in convulsions.

The replay of Molina's triple shows the guys in the dugout completely losing it after he chugged into 3rd....very funny.