PDA

View Full Version : Sox Statues

Rockabilly
07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know if the Sox will add Frank Thomas and Nancy Faust statues to the park this season?

ewokpelts
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
no.

frank may get his closer to his HOF induction.

nancy? maybe a plaque, bu ti doubt a statue.

TheOldRoman
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
I imagine Frank's statue won't be up until next year. They didn't want to put it up before he retired, and they didn't know he was going to retire until February. I think statues normally take over a year to make. As for Nancy, I don't think she will ge a statue, probably just a plaque behind her booth.

Have they announced if there will be a statue this year? I thought they were adding one per year.

Rockabilly
07-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I think it would be cool to have a statue of Nancy playing the organ. I believe she deserves a lot more than just a plaque.

g0g0
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
I think it would be cool to have a statue of Nancy playing the organ. I believe she deserves a lot more than just a plaque.

It would be pretty cool to put it where she actually played it (i.e. replace the real organ if the WS get rid of it). Don't know if fans could see it though...

october23sp
07-15-2010, 05:21 PM

She easily does, she is the reason Na na na, Goodbye, is played at stadiums. That is just one of her many contributions.

Hitmen77
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I imagine Frank's statue won't be up until next year. They didn't want to put it up before he retired, and they didn't know he was going to retire until February. I think statues normally take over a year to make. As for Nancy, I don't think she will ge a statue, probably just a plaque behind her booth.

Have they announced if there will be a statue this year? I thought they were adding one per year.

They didn't add a statue last year. If I'm not mistaken, there is no statue of Luke Appling. I would think he'd be in line to get honored with a statue some day.

SephClone89
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
They didn't add a statue last year. If I'm not mistaken, there is no statue of Luke Appling. I would think he'd be in line to get honored with a statue some day.

It needs to be of him post-swing, with a statue of a ball levitating behind him.

twinsuck
07-15-2010, 11:38 PM
It needs to be of him post-swing, with a statue of a ball levitating behind him.
lol what. How would you make the ball levitate?? :lol:

BleacherBandit
07-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Shouldn't statues be made of those who aren't living anymore? That's just my opinion.

SephClone89
07-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Shouldn't statues be made of those who aren't living anymore? That's just my opinion.

Billy Pierce, Minnie Minoso, Carlton Fisk, Harold Baines.

twinsuck
07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't think he was doubting that there is statues of living people in the park, he just thinks they should wait until they die. Personally, I disagree.

Rockabilly
07-15-2010, 11:45 PM

Michael Jordan as well

BleacherBandit
07-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't think he was doubting that there is statues of living people in the park, he just thinks they should wait until they die. Personally, I disagree.

Yeah, that's what I meant. To each his own, I guess.

Sam Spade
07-15-2010, 11:56 PM
A nancy statue is completely ridiculous, and cheapens the achievements of so many, in my opinion, with no harm intended.

Rohan
07-15-2010, 11:58 PM
It would be pretty cool to put it where she actually played it (i.e. replace the real organ if the WS get rid of it). Don't know if fans could see it though...

Well if they take down the back wall of her organ room (the one that separates her from the concourse), they could put a statue of her playing the organ there. And that would be really cool.

Sam Spade
07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Well if they take down the back wall of her organ room (the one that separates her from the concourse), they could put a statue of her playing the organ there. And that would be really cool.
That would be fine. I thought some people wanted to put a statue of nancy playing the organ next to this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2840943035_b74a7a87de.jpg?v=0

Nellie_Fox
07-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Those of you who want a statue of Nancy in the organ room are assuming that the Sox will never have an organist again.

Hitmen77
07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Those of you who want a statue of Nancy in the organ room are assuming that the Sox will never have an organist again.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I hope the Sox are hiring a new organist for next year.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. I hope the Sox are hiring a new organist for next year.

We had this conversation a few months ago. The rumor is that the White Sox have tentatively hired a replacement for Nancy.

bigsoxfan420
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Not sure about who's going to be the next statue, but whomever it is of will be covered in spider webs!

Milw
07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what they're planning to do about the outfield wall once they retire #35? Will they just move the Walgreens sign and add a spot for Thomas? Or will they unveil an entirely new wall design? Or some other option?

SephClone89
07-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Not sure about who's going to be the next statue, but whomever it is of will be covered in spider webs!

:tealtutor: