PDA

View Full Version : Jarrod Washburn....

getonbckthr
07-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Personally I think the Sox should consider signing him. This would allow us to go after a bat and get an arm to replace Peavy.

munchman33
07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I like it, and if he's ready quickly enough it frees up Dan Hudson to be traded for a bat.

cards press box
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Is he still pitching? I haven't seen him in a major league game this year.

Washburn was always a flyball pitcher. I have concerns about him pitching at the Cell.

Oblong
07-15-2010, 08:55 PM
He was absolute garbage in a Tiger uniform last year. He started 8 games and an ERA of 7.33, which includes 1 game where he went 8 without giving up a run. Gave up 11 HR in 6 games started in Comerica Park.

Now he was hurt.... I guess he's worth a shot to a team that needs a starter and I imagine he could be had for cheap. The Sox certainly have a knack for taking people I think are done and getting something out of them, even if for awhile.

BleacherBandit
07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
His wikipedia says that he's retired.

soxinem1
07-15-2010, 11:10 PM
His wikipedia says that he's retired.

Not sure if that is true, but if so he can stay there.

palehozenychicty
07-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Not sure if that is true, but if so he can stay there.

Right. People need to give Hudson a shot. Washburn has been dried up.

munchman33
07-16-2010, 10:19 AM

Why? I don't think he has good enough stuff to be anything but a bottom of the rotation starter. I'd rather not waste our time and games, especially with the deadline looming.

35th and Shields
07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
He pitched pretty damn well in Seattle last year before he got traded.

tm1119
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Why? I don't think he has good enough stuff to be anything but a bottom of the rotation starter. I'd rather not waste our time and games, especially with the deadline looming.

A. He would be a bottom of the rotation starter as danks, gavin, and mark are all guys rhat would be in the top 3 of pretty much any rotation.

B. You are like literally the only person who thinks this. He has a fastball that reaches the mid 90's and his breaking ball and changeup both can be + pitches at times. He's no ace in the making, but to write him off as noting but
a 5th starter is ridiculous. Guys don't succeed at the minor league level like he did by accident.

doublem23
07-16-2010, 11:42 AM

Well, he's going to be a 5th starter, and while I wouldn't mind an upgrade, I'm not exactly ready to whip my credit card out for some postseason tickets at the thought of adding Jarrod Washburn.

Harry Chappas
07-17-2010, 09:29 PM
A. He would be a bottom of the rotation starter as danks, gavin, and mark are all guys rhat would be in the top 3 of pretty much any rotation.

B. You are like literally the only person who thinks this. He has a fastball that reaches the mid 90's and his breaking ball and changeup both can be + pitches at times. He's no ace in the making, but to write him off as noting but
a 5th starter is ridiculous. Guys don't succeed at the minor league level like he did by accident.

He can't be the ONLY one, otherwise Washburn would be pitching right now and not "retired." I'm guessing that the GMs aren't too high on his chances to succeed as a reclamation project.

I think people here are too quick to pull the plug on Hudson. I have a feeling he is going to be similar to Clayton Richards and be a very serviceable back of the rotation guy. I'd rather we give him 3-4 starts before we start looking at cast-offs to fill his spot.

tm1119
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
He can't be the ONLY one, otherwise Washburn would be pitching right now and not "retired." I'm guessing that the GMs aren't too high on his chances to succeed as a reclamation project.

I think people here are too quick to pull the plug on Hudson. I have a feeling he is going to be similar to Clayton Richards and be a very serviceable back of the rotation guy. I'd rather we give him 3-4 starts before we start looking at cast-offs to fill his spot.

I was saying that he is the only one that thinks that Hudson doesnt have the stuff to be a successful major league pitcher.