PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lower Box seats at US Cellular

gf2020
07-15-2010, 02:12 AM
I thought this was a more apt forum than the ticket exchange since I am not actually buying tickets just yet. If I am wrong, please mods move or delete this posting.

I haven't been to the Cell in three years. I'm going to be back in town in August and am looking to get some Lower Box seats (I'll probably be getting them from Stubhub.) I was just wondering at what about row in those type of seats are you then under the under/overhang? I DON'T want to be under the under/overhang. Probably looking to sit in the 115-120 section if that matters.

Thanks. Can't wait to finally see the Sox again in their natural habitat.

Sargeant79
07-15-2010, 07:07 AM
I think it starts around row 29 or 30. I used to have season tickets in row 28 (which is now row 30) and we were one of the first rows under the overhang.

gf2020
07-16-2010, 04:00 AM
I think it starts around row 29 or 30. I used to have season tickets in row 28 (which is now row 30) and we were one of the first rows under the overhang.
Thanks man for your insight. Looks like I'm going 8/1.

FireMariotti
07-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks man for your insight. Looks like I'm going 8/1.

Good to hear you are going. Just wanted to say that the overhang is pretty insignificant considering that there are not obstructions blocking the view in the lower deck. Also, if its an afternoon game where shadows become an issue, they will extend much further than the 30th row.

DumpJerry
07-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Good to hear you are going. Just wanted to say that the overhang is pretty insignificant considering that there are not obstructions blocking the view in the lower deck. Also, if its an afternoon game where shadows become an issue, they will extend much further than the 30th row.

Agreed. The overhang only prevents you from getting a fly foul ball. I sit in 115 and when it is a hot day, I head for the overhang because it is unbearable in my seats.

dllrbll7
07-16-2010, 12:17 PM
I am in 129 row 29 and we are the first row not to get wet when it rains. The people in front of us always have to relocate to stay dry, but we are covered. That being said, I don't think the overhang takes away from viewing the game at all in that location, you only tell you are under something when it rains.

Sargeant79
07-17-2010, 12:32 PM
I am in 129 row 29 and we are the first row not to get wet when it rains. The people in front of us always have to relocate to stay dry, but we are covered. That being said, I don't think the overhang takes away from viewing the game at all in that location, you only tell you are under something when it rains.

I agree completely. The rain shelter thing is nice (especially in early season games when it's kinda cold) and you don't feel like you're inside somewhere or in a cave like you do in some other stadiums (cough, cough...Wrigley...cough)