PDA

View Full Version : Why isin't THE CHOICE! grabbing some bench!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 04:49 PM
Any other team in the majors & most of the teams of the minors this *****bag is riding the hell out of the bench. I think we need to slip something into Roycie's ice cream.

RKMeibalane
06-23-2002, 04:55 PM
:hitless

"Daddy, those mean people at WSI put something in my ice cream. What am I gonna' do? WHAAA!"

:jerry

"Don't worry, Royce. I still have plenty of lolly pops and snowcones for you. Remember, every time you hit a foul ball, that's another dinner at Chuckee Cheese."

"Yaaay! Whippeee!"

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 04:59 PM
i think some ex lax in his chocolate ice cream is a good idea. If Roycie has the poopies then he can't bat & kill another rally.

"Daddy, I have the poopies!"

"Its ok son, you can still bat, just remember to wear your diaper"

RedPinStripes
06-23-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
i think some ex lax in his chocolate ice cream is a good idea. If Roycie has the poopies then he can't bat & kill another rally.

"Daddy, I have the poopies!"

"Its ok son, you can still bat, just remember to wear your diaper"

LOL!

Royce has pictures of KW and JR with a 12 year old boy and a preiest or something.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

LOL!

Royce has pictures of KW and JR with a 12 year old boy and a preiest or something.

That's messed up

Garrison
06-23-2002, 07:56 PM
What ever happened to Royce being benched? I mean they made a big deal out of it. Now instead of playing everyday, he plays every other day or every third day. Boy I guess he's learning his lesson. Jerry just swears by his decision of sucking as a manager. Why can't he swear by any other decision? What a moron! We finally get two men on in scoring position and Royce fouls off plenty of balls and then he grounds out to end pur only real rally. UGH! I love the vacuum, but his batting is a trocius and I hate seeing him kill rallies. It's not even exciting whne he comes up. A foregone conclusion every time. This series vs. the Twinkies is going to be huge. I don't think that we are up for it.

rmusacch
06-23-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
What ever happened to Royce being benched? I mean they made a big deal out of it. Now instead of playing everyday, he plays every other day or every third day. Boy I guess he's learning his lesson. Jerry just swears by his decision of sucking as a manager. Why can't he swear by any other decision? What a moron! We finally get two men on in scoring position and Royce fouls off plenty of balls and then he grounds out to end pur only real rally. UGH! I love the vacuum, but his batting is a trocius and I hate seeing him kill rallies. It's not even exciting whne he comes up. A foregone conclusion every time. This series vs. the Twinkies is going to be huge. I don't think that we are up for it.

Every other game? Royce started every game of this Atlanta series. When they "benched" him, they said one of the reasons that they were doing it was for these games in National League parks so that we would not give up to many outs. ****ing ridiculous.

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Every other game? Royce started every game of this Atlanta series. When they "benched" him, they said one of the reasons that they were doing it was for these games in National League parks so that we would not give up to many outs. ****ing ridiculous.

As I posted before, Royce plays vs. lefties. He had a hit or 2 this series, so Manuel keeps playing him, thinking that he's "hot".

baggio202
06-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

As I posted before, Royce plays vs. lefties. He had a hit or 2 this series, so Manuel keeps playing him, thinking that he's "hot".

hey dont bad mouth roycie he is the sox most consistent hitter...198 in april..198 in may..and 194 so far in june...now show me any hitter in baseball putting up more consistent numbers :D:

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
hey dont bad mouth roycie he is the sox most consistent hitter...198 in april..198 in may..and 194 so far in june...now show me any hitter in baseball putting up more consistent numbers :D:

Mark Johnson? :(:

rmusacch
06-23-2002, 09:32 PM

Then why the fick did Manuel say that he was benching him indefinitely? To me benching means, no play at all. He had one hit Friday night and none last night and looked like **** in the field. Believe me, I was at Friday and Saturday night's game.

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Then why the fick did Manuel say that he was benching him indefinitely? To me benching means, no play at all. He had one hit Friday night and none last night and looked like **** in the field. Believe me, I was at Friday and Saturday night's game.

Because he's a boob. I agree, benching means that you don't play.

baggio202
06-23-2002, 09:45 PM

Mark Johnson? :(:

mark hit 237 in april..196 in may..and 182 so far in june..mark is trying..but just cant get that same consistency roycie has...royce has been working with him though..their motto..."1 for 5..or a little less"

rmusacch
06-23-2002, 09:45 PM

Because he's a boob. I agree, benching means that you don't play.

After this weekend, I have officially joined the Fire Jerry and Fire Nardi crowd.

rmusacch
06-23-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

mark hit 237 in april..196 in may..and 182 so far in june..mark is trying..but just cant get that same consistency roycie has...royce has been working with him though..their motto..."1 for 5..or a little less"

One thing I have thought of and it is pretty obvious that Kenny if forcind Jerry's hand in starting Clayton. The question I have is why are you paying Jose $5 million a year to be a platoon player? Anyone know how much Clayton is making?

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Anyone know how much Clayton is making?

4.5 million.

rmusacch
06-23-2002, 10:04 PM

4.5 million.

Since Royce is apparently The Golden Child (great Eddie Murphy movie), I could just see him getting resigned.

baggio202
06-23-2002, 10:13 PM

One thing I have thought of and it is pretty obvious that Kenny if forcind Jerry's hand in starting Clayton. The question I have is why are you paying Jose $5 million a year to be a platoon player? Anyone know how much Clayton is making?

i believe its 4.5 million....what a waste

CerberusWG
06-23-2002, 10:37 PM
And Pedro Astacio makes 4 mil.

Sad!