PDA

View Full Version : 2ND half predictions

Rockabilly
07-14-2010, 02:59 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/att-mlb-allstar?vid=3f1dcbe7-a4be-43e8-b809-e959e3f40cd8

My predictions

AL East- Yanks
AL Cent- White Sox
Al West- Texas
WC- Tampa Bay

NL East- Atlanta
NL Cent- St.Louis
Nl West- LA Dodgers
WC - Cincinnati

AL most disappointing teams - Boston & Minnesota
NL most disappointing teams- Colorado & NY Mets

My Sox predictions are

They will make a trade for Prince Fielder and will finished in 1st Pl by 5 games over Detroit

JermaineDye05
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Don't underestimate the Twins, they always seem to catch fire in the 2nd half.

pythons007
07-14-2010, 03:27 PM
75-0? too optomistic?

russ99
07-14-2010, 03:31 PM
My predictions:

AL East- Rays
AL Cent- White Sox
Al West- Angels
WC- New York

NL East- Atlanta
NL Cent- Cincinnati
NL West- Colorado
WC - San Diego

AL most disappointing teams - Boston/Detroit
NL most disappointing teams- Dodgers/Cardinals

My Sox predictions are: A second-tier starter acquired before the deadline, Kenny tries for a bat but the price is too high; They have a very good July started by sweeping the Twins, fall back a bit in mid to late August, strong finish to win the division by 3 over Minn.

cws05champ
07-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Prediction??? PAIN!!!!!!!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/DJnKm6ftPu0/0.jpg

fram40
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
75-0? too optomistic?

don't forget the 11 game sweep in the post season

guillensdisciple
07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
White Sox win world series. I go to parade finally, and we all meet up at a bar in Chicago and get drunk to celebrate.

I think this idea is greeeeeeeaaaattt.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Don't underestimate the Twins, they always seem to catch fire in the 2nd half.

I am all too aware.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
My Sox predictions are

They will make a trade for Prince Fielder and will finished in 1st Pl by 5 games over Detroit

If Fielder is represented by Dumbass (I mean Boras),
the deal won't happen. You know how Uncle Jerry is about Boras clients.
He's beginning to look like a wise sage as teams are beginning to treat dealing with Boras as if they were dealing with the plague.

I say go for pitching. Peavy's season ending injury proves you can never have enough pitching.

soxfanreggie
07-14-2010, 08:59 PM
White Sox win world series. I go to parade finally, and we all meet up at a bar in Chicago and get drunk to celebrate.

I think this idea is greeeeeeeaaaattt.

I would definitely be up for this prediction coming true! :D:

WhiteSox5187
07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
If Fielder is represented by Dumbass (I mean Boras),
the deal won't happen. You know how Uncle Jerry is about Boras clients.
He's beginning to look like a wise sage as teams are beginning to treat dealing with Boras as if they were dealing with the plague.

I say go for pitching. Peavy's season ending injury proves you can never have enough pitching.

I'd say wait and see what we have in Hudson before we make any sort of trade. If Hudson is good or at least adequate look into getting a bat (but I have no clue how we could get the likes of Dunn or Fielder without giving up someone out of Beckham, Viciedo or Hudson).

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I'd say wait and see what we have in Hudson before we make any sort of trade. If Hudson is good or at least adequate look into getting a bat (but I have no clue how we could get the likes of Dunn or Fielder without giving up someone out of Beckham, Viciedo or Hudson).

And therein lies the problem.

Rockabilly
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
And therein lies the problem.

I don't see any problem trading Hudson or Viciedo for Fielder.

doublem23
07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't see any problem trading Hudson or Viciedo for Fielder.

Except trading Hudson suddenly leaves a gaping hole in yoru pitching staff.

Plus, I'm coming around on Viciedo. He's raw, but he's got some skills. I think we all know Fielder would be gone after 2011, anyway.

Rockabilly
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Except trading Hudson suddenly leaves a gaping hole in yoru pitching staff.

Plus, I'm coming around on Viciedo. He's raw, but he's got some skills. I think we all know Fielder would be gone after 2011, anyway.

I think Carlos Torres could match Hudson outcome for this season.

Prince will most likely be gone after next season but if he can help us win another World Series. I believe its worth it.

What's the contract status of Viciedo?

doublem23
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I think Carlos Torres could match Hudson outcome for this season.

Prince will most likely be gone after next season but if he can help us win another World Series. I believe its worth it.

What's the contract status of Viciedo?

And you're basing that guess on what, exactly? I'm not saying Torres or Hudson are better or worse than either one, but it seems like your odds of finding success are better if you have 2 guys to fill 1 spot instead of just 1.

I don't know, at this point, if you remove Hudson and add Fielder that we become a legitimate championship contender. We need help offensively, but the recent success of this team has been because of our pitching staff. I don't know if taking a step back in our strength to address other needs necessarily makes this a better team.

Viciedo's current contract runs until 2012, but I believe the Sox hold some arb year control over him, so I doubt he can fly the coop until 2013 or 2014 at earliest.

TheOldRoman
07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Viciedo's current contract runs until 2012, but I believe the Sox hold some arb year control over him, so I doubt he can fly the coop until 2013 or 2014 at earliest.You are correct, his contract expires but they have his rights through 2015.

guillensdisciple
07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't understand why people tend to emphasize hitting so much in these threads. Are we missing the reason why we have gone on this torrid run? Pitching, pitching, and pitching. Pitching wins championships, and right now we have one of the best staffs in baseball. Hudson needs to be given a chance to fill out his role instead of being traded, and our hitting has been doing a hell of a job lately. Many of us said that Quentin could be the x-factor to the season, and he is now coming out of his shell and the White Sox are exploding.

Beckham and A.J seem to be coming out of their slumber. Pierre, Alexei, Konerko, Rios, Quentin, A.J, Beckham, and Viciedo/ Vizquel/ Teahen is really really really good guys. I don't see why all the rush to add another power bat. Haven't we learned that power is not necessarily the answer to all our needs. Hell, for the first time in a long time, the White Sox are hitting the ball when they HAVE to hit the ball, and when was the last time we did not complain about that? Two out hits and hits with runners in scoring position- this team has specialized in that category recently.

I'll take my time with both until the trade deadline. See what we struggle in, and if we continue playing excellent baseball I would make a move for another starting pitcher- not a hitter. While HUdson will be a hell of a pitcher, I don't want him shouldering the load in the playoffs.

FielderJones
07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
While HUdson will be a hell of a pitcher, I don't want him shouldering the load in the playoffs.

He won't. Playoff rotations are four-man.

guillensdisciple
07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
He won't. Playoff rotations are four-man.

I'm saying total innings pitched. He will already have pitched a significant amount of innings. I don't want him to go the route of other young pitchers. Get him acclimated to the regular season first and then look post season in the future.

SephClone89
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm saying total innings pitched. He will already have pitched a significant amount of innings. I don't want him to go the route of other young pitchers. Get him acclimated to the regular season first and then look post season in the future.

Huh? He won't be involved in the postseason at all, save maybe one or two relief appearances.

guillensdisciple
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Huh? He won't be involved in the postseason at all, save maybe one or two relief appearances.

In which case, my point holds not merit and I'll stop talking about it.

I am just saying, if we were to use another pitcher for long relief would it not be better if we have someone a little more on the veteran side?

doublem23
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
In which case, my point holds not merit and I'll stop talking about it.

I am just saying, if we were to use another pitcher for long relief would it not be better if we have someone a little more on the veteran side?

I'd prefer it just be the best option available.

downstairs
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Seems like every year some strange 4th place team makes a run for it. My dark horse is San Francisco. Why not.

Beyond that I think everyone in 1st place now will win it.

guillensdisciple
07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Experts still have us losing out to the Twins or the Tigers. Yankees a lock for the series.

I think we're the only team deep enough to stop them. Lets do work.

Zakath
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Seems like every year some strange 4th place team makes a run for it. My dark horse is San Francisco. Why not.

Beyond that I think everyone in 1st place now will win it.

Doesn't hurt that although they're a 4th place team, they're only 4 out, and have solid starters (though it appears people are starting to figure Lincecum out). Their record against their own division, however, is absolutely dreadful (9-20). Given that they only have two series against teams not in their division left after 8/26, it's an area they definitely have to improve on (Dodgers are a :o: 23-6 vs. their own division).