PDA

View Full Version : Who's Coming up to MN?

One_Dog
07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I live here just want to gauge how many WSI peeps will be making the 6 hr drive this weekend.

DumpJerry
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Right here along with a crew of 6 other Sox fans.

sodfatherjunior
07-14-2010, 01:07 PM
me and my brother will be going.....still looking for a good deal for tix for the Saturday game, any ideas? I've heard scalping around the park is pretty easy to find tix, craigslist and stubhub seem a bit over priced. If you know of any other ideas share them on here

Harry Potter
07-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Heading up Friday. I'll be at the Saturday and Sunday games.

KMcMahon817
07-14-2010, 01:09 PM
me and my brother will be going.....still looking for a good deal for tix for the Saturday game, any ideas? I've heard scalping around the park is pretty easy to find tix, craigslist and stubhub seem a bit over priced. If you know of any other ideas share them on here

I live in the Minneapolis area but I will be attending the games on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Sodfather, scalping is probably your best bet. I haven't had any issues the 2 times I have tried this summer.

The Milkman
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Me +5 Sox fans flying up. We're lazy.

LoveYourSuit
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I was planning, but decided to wait for the Detroit series instead in a few weeks.

IMO, that's who we will be fighting the rest of the way.

october23sp
07-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll be going up (down for me) in August.

GoGoCrede
07-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Are tickets super expensive now that it's a brand-new field?

october23sp
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM

The real ticket price isn't too bad, but the scalped ones are.

kobo
07-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm heading up on Friday and will be at Friday's game. Spending the weekend visiting some friends so probably only going to the Friday game.

VenturaFan23
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Heading up Friday and going to the game Saturday.

ChiSoxGirl
07-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Right here along with a crew of 6 other Sox fans.

I'm one of the six! We're hitting the road tomorrow morning.

DumpJerry
07-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Compared to us, not at all (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/ballpark/singlegame_pricing.jsp)! We're sitting upper deck behind Home for Friday's game: $24.00 per ticket.

Remember the Sox are the fourth or fifth most expensive average ticket price in MLB.

Mr. Skin
07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Looking forward to it.

october23sp
07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Compared to us, not at all (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/ballpark/singlegame_pricing.jsp)! We're sitting upper deck behind Home for Friday's game: $24.00 per ticket.

Remember the Sox are the fourth or fifth most expensive average ticket price in MLB.

I got front row seats in LF for when I go, it was pretty spendy. I got tix where you are for the other game I'll be going to.

chisoxfanatic
07-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Have fun guys, and bring us home a sweep! Take lots of pictures and post some!

WagMan
07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm catchhing a flight now to be in attendance at Thursday's game. Sitting in sec 122. Can't wait to check out the new park and watch a White Sox winner!

Harry Potter
07-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm catchhing a flight now to be in attendance at Thursday's game. Sitting in sec 122. Can't wait to check out the new park and watch a White Sox winner!

Section 112 for Saturday
Section 122 for Sunday

Harry Potter
07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Disappointed to see they only do tours of Target Field on non-game days. http://mlb.mlb.com/min/ballpark/tours.jsp

I took a tour of PNC Park during the Sox/Pirates last month and was contemplating doing the same in Minnesota this weekend but no luck.

One would think the ballpark tour would be a great attraction to out of town fans coming up to see the new stadium :scratch:

Foulke You
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I will be there Friday and Saturday. Mrs Foulke You and I had to dodge tornados in Wisconsin on the way there today. I tell you what, my sphincter was so tight you couldn't pull a greased tee out of my behind wiht a pair of pliers. Mercy!!

Nellie_Fox
07-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I live here just want to gauge how many WSI peeps will be making the 6 hr drive this weekend.It's not a six-hour drive for some of us.

Right here along with a crew of 6 other Sox fans.I'll be meeting up with Dump & Co. for the Friday night game.

NDSox12
07-15-2010, 07:15 AM
I will be there tonight (Thursday). Flying to MN this afternoon to see tonight's game and re-complete my tour of every MLB park. Then I'll be in Illinois for the weekend for a buddy's wedding. Should be fun!

IlliniSox05
07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Flying up tomorrow, landing at 5:30, and taking the light rail straight to Target Field! Good thing Southwest rarely has flight delays...

palehosepub
07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I planned my trip for work to South Dakota to coincide with this series, I am driving from SD this afternoon to the game tonight. Bought a single ticket from the twins website behind the plate in sec 114, probably will be the only Sox fan in that section.

Go Sox!

Harry Potter
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Flying up tomorrow, landing at 5:30, and taking the light rail straight to Target Field! Good thing Southwest rarely has flight delays...

Never thought of the light rail and was assuming I'd be taking a cab from the airport. Thanks for the info!

Randar68
07-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I'll be at Saturday night's game... First look at Target Field.

Max Power
07-15-2010, 10:22 AM
I'll be there for Saturday's game. My friend and I take a road trip to a game every summer and we picked this one months ago. It turned out to be a good choice. He's a Cubs fan, but he'll come to Sox games and cheer for the Sox.

Rockabilly
07-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Will be there for sat/sun games.. Can't wait to see the Sox destroy the Twins this weekend.

One_Dog
07-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Good to hear the responses, looks like some good tips were spread. I had to pass on friday's game, but will be there saturday and sunday.. still looking for a person to go with tho :-( but I have tix in the legends club so it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody to buy my 2nd ticket. If you don't know about the legend's club, its the box area that wraps around from 3rd to 1st and gives people in this section our own concession area, plus you can watch the game from behind glass if you want to eat comfortably or have weather issues. Its real nice because the public mezzanine area's get super crowded. Also, there are several $5 parking lots nearby if u don't mind a bit of a hike.

And by the way, the drive can be done in 5.5 hrs, I've done it at least 100 times over the past 10 years. Not sure how bad 94 is, but I typically take 90 into MN thru rochester and up 52. I found that this is quicker (theres a stretch of 70 mph road), more scenic (pass by the Mississippi river which has a great rest stop for picture taking) much less traffic and much less cops. Although there is construction going on so 94 might be better.

And if you're looking for a place to watch the game, there are all sorts of places nearby, but I'll just throw this one out there, there is a Bears bar (I think it also a cop bar) in downtown st. paul called Allary's. Its like hooters but much better employees, cheap bear and ton's of hi def tvs. Look up there website for more info, lots of glamor shots ;-)

salty99
07-15-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm one of the six! We're hitting the road tomorrow morning.

nice! wish I was going

KMcMahon817
07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
If you see a guy with a beard and home Beckham jersey at any game this weekend, feel free to say Hi!!:D:

Nellie_Fox
07-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I'll be the old guy in the '59 cap with the appropriate '59 #2 jersey.

RealFan
07-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Heading up in a two car caravan to attend tomorrow night's game with two Sox families. We are being hosted by a Twins family however. We do the reverse in August when that family heads down here and we host them at one Sox/Twins game. I can't wait for tomorrow night!

soxlady8
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
that arrangement sounds like a hoot RealFan :)

those WSI who are out there now in Twinkieville , you did great last night over there at Target Field , keep the good vibes comin' in !

RealFan
07-17-2010, 11:56 AM
that arrangement sounds like a hoot RealFan :)

those WSI who are out there now in Twinkieville , you did great last night over there at Target Field , keep the good vibes comin' in !

It is a hoot. On top of that, the 11 year old son of the Twins host family will wear a Sox shirt with Pierzynski's name for tonight's game here in Minny and when they come down to us in August, my son will wear a Twins shirt with Thome on the back. That's their way of respecting each other which I find admirable as my son hates the Twins as much as he hates spinach.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2010, 12:07 PM
So, are there any stories from anyone who has been at either of these first two games? How has it been up there so far?

kevingrt
07-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Section 126 Row 11 tonight down the left field line.

Tomorrow I will be in Section 131 Row 2.

We need to take home three from this series. Well maybe not NEED but it would definitely be nice especially considering Detroit already lost once today.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2010, 04:01 PM
We need to take home three from this series. Well maybe not NEED but it would definitely be nice especially considering Detroit already lost once today.
We certainly can't drop the series. Splitting it is the minimum.

kobo
07-17-2010, 05:04 PM
So, are there any stories from anyone who has been at either of these first two games? How has it been up there so far?
Fans are great, very friendly. Heard a few jabs in the 7th and 8th last night, but people were pretty nervous in the 9th last night. The ballpark is beautiful. They did a phenomenal job with the place.